G.J? Hime to Boin Animations are driving me nuts

adameve

アニメの芸術家
Elite Member
Jan 15, 2014
OK i am having the hardest time to get the animations for this classic and very nice game to work for me.

I KNOW they do for in the past when i have had it installed they worked fine.

In certain scenes you can activate the animations and they play fine on the Getchu site for the game as GIFS but for me, i have re instaled thre different copies of the game and NONE of them will show the animations. Is there a setting in the CFG or the game set up controls where they can be turned off by mistake? i am sure i have the whole game, i have the almost 3 GB full edition but for the life of me, cannot get them to show actively. Is this something you have to unlock after playing thru the entire game? i am at a loss..

any tips or help much appreciated. I love the art and the artist for this series, one of the really good ones.

1997.jpg

Attachments

• 1997.jpg
    1997.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 732
I played this vn a few years ago and animations should work from the start, probably windows can't open the video sequence or can't find the path to the folder containing the videos, so review this checklist:

- Full system in japanese locale
- Check if you can open the videos inside the game folder (look around the folders, there is one with videos), those are the animations, if not install code pack -> klite or vlc should do the trick
- Reinstall the game withow japanese characters in your game path and just for playing safe strip characters like dots and question marks

ah ha that sounds very possible. I have full japanese settings on my computer but not for my individual video programs so i suspect that is indeed the path problem. thanks so much. I will try yet once again :)

i like a challenge but also like to solve it. Just bugged me not to be able to see all of the effects as I am studying the animated VN's i can find ...and this looks to be one of the good ones for this. thanks again.

and there IS that backwards question mark in the game folder that itself may be part of the problem cheers and thanks.

Glad to hear that, in case you still have troubles with the videos not playing and giving you instead a black screen i have some more ideas that are worth checking, I expect your issue to be fixed at this point and is not giving you more trouble.

Cheers and glad to be able to help :D

well i just re installed it and will try your suggestion...not sure if it will work but i hope so.

UPDATE: I had to re install all of the GJ games without the backwards question mark, they would not run until i uninstalled and re installed them without that mark..which I think has been stopping the animations from playing as noted above, the movie player wont run with "illegal" marks that Windows wont accept in folder names. Here's hoping.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.