"FLOWERS.exe has stopped working"

komorebii

Trusted Member
May 3, 2015
"FLOWERS.exe has stopped working" [Solved]

Hello there!

I own a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10. I've just re-installed FLOWERS by Innocent Grey to try and solve this issue I've been having, but it doesn't seem to have done much good. Every time I try to run the game, I get this same popup:

flowers has stopped working.jpg

And am forced to close the program.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I would appreciate any insight anyone may have. Thank you for your time :nyanmusu_thanks:

Last edited:
Hi ItalianLink,

I wanted to see if I got the same problem on my Windows 10 laptop but it seems to open fine. It also doesn't seem to need your system locale to be Japanese to play, so that shouldn't be an issue. If you don't mind me asking, but where did you download the game from? :reallyconfused:

EDIT: Oh wait, is this the English demo version from Steam?

Reactions: komorebii
Hi ItalianLink,

I wanted to see if I got the same problem on my Windows 10 laptop but it seems to open fine. It also doesn't seem to need your system locale to be Japanese to play, so that shouldn't be an issue. If you don't mind me asking, but where did you download the game from? :reallyconfused:

EDIT: Oh wait, is this the English demo version from Steam?

Hello! :gakuran_morning:

I don't think that it's the steam version... I got it here on anime-sharing. This was the post. I believe this one is in Japanese :)

Reactions: komorebii
Ah, I see :) I downloaded mine from girlcelly: http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/torrents-47/10-%5B140418%5D-%5Binnocent-grey%5D-flowers-%E5%88%9D%E5%9B%9E%E9%99%90%E5%AE%9A%E7%89%88-drama-cd-bonus-wallpaper-%5Bvisual-novel%5D-214276/

You could give that one a shot and see if that works for you ^^ I'm going to test out the one you downloaded and see if it also stops responding for me. I'll let you know once I'm done!

Okay, and I'll try your link, too. Tell me how it goes!:)

Sorry it took so long! Taken me a while to download all the parts :forsaken: I tested it and it also works fine for me, so I'm really confused as to why it's crashing on your Surface Pro. Shouldn't have to do with specs or anything as I have a really old laptop and it runs fine.

You could try turning off your antivirus (or just exclude the game from your antivirus) and see if that helps :)

Sorry it took so long! Taken me a while to download all the parts :forsaken: I tested it and it also works fine for me, so I'm really confused as to why it's crashing on your Surface Pro. Shouldn't have to do with specs or anything as I have a really old laptop and it runs fine.

You could try turning off your antivirus (or just exclude the game from your antivirus) and see if that helps :)

Okay.. I spent the past few days fiddling around with it and I finally figured it out. When I tried to run the game on a Windows XP virtual machine, it said I was missing a .dll file, one that was only available on old versions of DirectX. I assumed that was the same problem I was having on my host PC (the win10 one), and it looks like I was right. I downloaded DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) from Microsoft, found the missing .dll file, extracted it to my game folder, and now the game works! It took me like three days but I finally figured it out. I'm so happy!

:gakuran_thanks:

Reactions: Velenora
That's great! I'm happy to hear that you managed to figure out what was wrong with it
1M38yj.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.