Does connecting to a VPN get past DNS Bad config problem?

Murakumo

百合旅人
Elite Member
Jan 1, 2013
Does connecting to a VPN get past DNS Bad config problem?
I'm renting a room where there's a NEC vdsl modem vf200f2 model router which when connected often makes me get the DNS BAD CONFIG error in chrome. im able to connect to skype at least but internet cant even work for simple sites.

Does connecting to a VPN (like softether's) help get past dns problem? just curious to know

If you're looking to just get by the DNS BAD CONFIG error, you can just use any DNS server instead of the default one provided by ISP or set by router, simply google "change dns server windows X"
Obviously, replace X with your windows version. No VPN necessary.

And to answer your question, the VPN client can be config to use the VPN's DNS or the DNS provided by ISP/set by router. So whether or not solving DNS BAD CONFIG is the matter of your vpn client connection.

Reactions: Murakumo
thanks for detailed reply!:akazukin_thanks:
I'm using SoftEther client and when i used a vpn it seemed to help bypass the bad config screen. but ill take alooksee at the google change thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
リクエスト
これのアートCGをお願いします。
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR
dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
If you don't have a file, can you let me know?