difference between bittorrent and share p2p (JP)

n00b

Sep 11, 2013
Hi so before bittorrent was famous i heard share p2p is famous in japan to share anime content etc.. althought i would like to get one but my question is, is it the same as torrent where in you need seeders to get the file? or does share use something different?

Reactions: lconklejean
Correct me if Im wrong but I think the main difference is the use of a tracker in bittorrent.In peer-to-peer sharing, you use a software program to locate computers that have the file you want(I used kazaa long time ago)To locate the file, the software queries other computers that are connected to the Internet and running the file-sharing software.The file-transfer load is distributed between the computers exchanging files, but file searches and transfers from your computer to others can cause bottlenecks and some people download files and immediately disconnect without allowing others to obtain files from their system.
BitTorrent client software communicates with a tracker to find other computers running BitTorrent that have the complete file (seed computers) and those with a portion of the file ,the tracker helps the client software trade pieces of the file you want with other computers in the swarm. Your computer receives multiple pieces of the file simultaneously.I hope this help you.

Reactions: n00b
See if I can give a short version. This is gonna be crude but you should get the basic idea.

P2P
Requires person with file you want to be online for you to download it.

BT
Requires at least one seeder (with the complete file) to be online for you to get the complete file. Can download other pieces from other peers or seeders with partially complete file.

Server (like USENET)
Requires the file to be available on the server and not removed.

Torrents (with seeders) are p2p. Torrenting is pretty much the purest form of p2p.

I'm assuming that in actual use, share will act much like a torrent program. There's a good chance that it uses something slightly different, but in the end it's still p2p.

any p2p sharing method require seeding. That is whether torrent or share you must need someones seed for you to download

I tried Perfect Dark but find it's too slow and there's nearly nothing new. Does Share have anything new?

Winny/Share and perfect dark using the same technology. Since Share was developed from Winny and PD was developed from Share. The principle using by Winny/Share/PD is asking peer computers ( or nodes ) to store cache/unify ( this is FILE has been encrypted ). When a peer computer asking for a file, the software will looking for every other peers who store cache/unify of that file and connect 2 ( or more ) peers and process data transfer. File will be completely downloaded when all block of that file is downloaded and store local. Then the software will decrypt file to get the usable file.
[MENTION=47954]bionioncle[/MENTION]; Share is more slower than PD, especially for old file.

I think the huge different between torrent and japanese p2p software is how the both software working in transferring data (base on core p2p technology). Let's take an example to see:
- I have a file name ABC and i share it via both torrent and japanese p2p ( let's take Share for example ). I announce on ASF that i have file name ABC and already share it on torrent and Share. If you are Share user, you simply search that file ( name ABC ) on your Share software. It will looking for my PC automatically and download that file. But if you are torrent user, i should post the torrent file or magnet link, and then you can use its to get the meta data of the file i shared and download it.

It's more complicated to explain since both software use different technology ( and it's limited to my knowledge and... my english... ). To understand more, i suggest you read article on wiki about p2p, torrent, and Share. Here the wiki link for Share: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Share_(P2P).

thank you everyone answering my question. I have enough info already :) thank you very much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。