Considering open-sourcing my anime download site

Ortix

Oct 2, 2011
So for the past year or so I have been working a couple of hours a week on my site, Animekyun.com. I have developed it from the ground up using Laravel. We used to run on Joomla, but I was forced to take it down after some years. I eventually got the idea to completely rebuild the site after a 2 year hiatus. However, it seems that I won't be able to restore the site to its former glory due to time constraints. On top of that, I can't keep covering the server costs by myself. (I'm currently running it off of my github student credit on digital ocean, $10 a month doesn't seem like much, but for a student it is :D )

I don't want to let the site die, especially not the code I have been working on. That's why I'm here.

I'm looking for advice. I have put a shitload of blood sweat and tears into this project and I would hate to see the site die once more. So I sort of want to get the word out there to, perhaps, opensource the project. Maybe people want to run their own install of Animekyun on their server. I just don't want to shelve the project since it's so much fun to work on it. The site is still very much in development, but I have so much more planned. That's why I don't want to give it up. Curious if people are interested in the project. What do?

I have some neat features built in:

• Create shows and episodes, ala netflix
  • Integration with MyAnimeList.net
  • Automatically download torrents to server from RSS Feed
  • Automatically create episode on release (also adds torrents to the episode)
  • Automatically generate screenshots from torrent without downloading everything (saves shitload of bandwith)
  • Set specific time to generate screenshot
  • Screenshot rotator
  • Automatically post to twitter
  • Genre and seasonal tagging

There is probably a bit more but that's the main gist. You can obviously take the site for a spin on the URL I provided above. There's also a lot more features i'm planning to build in such as DDL and show tracking like trakt.tv does.

Here are some screenshots of some admin tools (since you can't access those).

bxwoR9k.png

iM7lXXI.jpg

3PIA86W.png

aBgi0qM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

coolguy12346789 wrote on Shine's profile.
Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, can you update this? New version fix the character skin chage bug. This bug will cause you can't interactive with anything.
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ315563 RJ327273 RJ367842 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
TasogareHentai wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry for disturb, but can you please reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
リクエスト
これのアートCGをお願いします。
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR