Computer Problems: Help Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will98

Praetorem Kitsune
Aug 19, 2011
Need help with a certain computer problem? Software, hardware, etc. I'll do my best to help you fix it.

Unfortunately not too many people ask on forums of how to solve their PC issues. It's sad because Every forum has at least one or two tech whizzes. If not alot more. Otherwise I'd say that we should make a tech support team here =D I think that'd be pretty cool.

Well, usually it's a whole collective of nerd/geeks, but I think they are still playing DOOM or Quake.

I won't claim to be smart but I've done enough experimenting with Linux and Windows since I was like 7.

There should be a "Computer Problem Solve" dedicated forum on here.

support thread inside a support thread? O.o
Support-thread-ception

HELP!!!
Can't watch animated GIF pic in Windows Photo Viewer, since I installed Windows 7 back in 2009.

Try Quick time player. Just set it as the default viewer for.Gifs.

If you don't want to do that, then just set you internet browser as default viewer for .Gifs.

Make me wanna say, "Why?!" to those Microsoft people.
Back in XP, we can watch animated GIF files from Windows Photo Viewer.

Sorry for making you say "Why?"

But I guess that when Microsoft updated on their platform, they figured dedicated programs (e.g, Quicktime) would be an alternative for viewing .Gifs.

But still, if you don't want to install anything, you are stuck with setting you web browser as you .Gif browser :(

Yes. Quicktime was developed by Apple and is still under their control. It isn't too bad of a player for .Gifs, but it's slow to load.

really better going with browser as default .gif viewer, or you can try finding another picture viewing software.

Problem started in Vista, still not fixed in Win7, they probably think its not worth the time, even though they had the ability to play .gifs in xp -.-

True. There are things that shouldn't be fix coz it's already running perfectly.

Try Quick time player

What faggotry is this? Quicktime? Are they still alive? Quicktime need to just rot and die for a better world.

Install ACDSee as your image manager, it works much better than any other and is very fast to load.

ACDSee, free it is not.

Everything is free on the internet.

1nbjnpa.jpg

What faggotry is this? Quicktime? Are they still alive? Quicktime need to just rot and die for a better world.

Install ACDSee as your image manager, it works much better than any other and is very fast to load.

Quicktime is indeed very horrible software, even on OSX. GIFs should load in any modern browser just fine, no need to install another program.

I'll just say for the record: Your web browser is your best .GIF viewer.

Its the easiest solution, simple as changing association instead of downloading software for a single purpose xP

on the matter of GIFs not being supported in windows 7.
Like will said, internet browsers like firefox can view gifs.
Picture viewer SHOULD play gifs even in 7, mine does. If yours doesnt than your missing a codec that SHOULD have came with the original installation otherwise it might be a simple case of right clicking on the GIF, open with > windows photo viewer and make it the default. Theres a common bug where even though windows7 tries to load with photo view it fails or loads up a still image until you manually set the default program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3