Elite Member
Feb 15, 2014
I use a batch file to launch ITH and TA. Here's my script:

Code:
@echo off
echo Launching ITH 3.0...
cd /d "F:\Programs EX\ITH 3.0"
start ITH.exe
echo Launching Translation Aggregator...
timeout /t 2 /nobreak > NUL
echo.
cd /d "D:\Translation Aggregator 0.4.9.r171\Translation Aggregator 0.4.9.r171"
"Translation Aggregator.exe" /b
exit

When ITH launches, UAC kicks in, I select 'Yes' then TA launches. That's all good, but the command prompt wouldn't exit. I have to manually close the window. So does anyone know what the cause is and what I can do so that the command prompt window would close after performing the commands? By the way, my PC runs on Windows 7.

And one more thing about UAC. There are occasions when it takes time for a program that requires administrative privileges to launch. For example, ITH...there are times when I start it, and it will take like a few seconds or a minute before the UAC prompt pops up. Does anyone know the reason for this?

Insert "start" before TA : start "Translation Aggregator.exe" /b

Unlike launtching ITH.exe, TA is kicked without "start".
This means the batch file waits to terminate TA.

Insert "start" before TA : start "Translation Aggregator.exe" /b

Unlike launtching ITH.exe, TA is kicked without "start".
This means the batch file waits to terminate TA.

Unfortunately, that didn't work. What happens is TA doesn't start, but in the command prompt I see this:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

D:\Translation Aggregator 0.4.9.r171\Translation Aggregator 0.4.9.r171>

And stops right there. Window doesn't close either. I wonder if it has something to do with how TA has been coded.

Sorry for the incorrect information.
Insert 'start ""' before TA : start "" "Translation Aggregator.exe" /b

Without "", batch file treats "Translation Aggregator.exe" as a title (not a command).

No issue there. I did enclose Translation Aggregator.exe in quotation marks.

Anyway, after fiddling with it, I seem to have found a solution. I renamed the exe to TA.exe, so the line became start TA.exe. I also removed the /b parameter (it still works even with /b but it's totally unneeded so I removed it) and it's now working as I want it to. Launch ITH > timeout > launch TA > exit. However, I don't understand why renaming it made a difference. It's not like there was something wrong with the script.

How does start "Translation Aggregator.exe" differ from start TA.exe? It's just beyond me.

If first argument of start command enclose double quotation, batch file treats the first argument as a window title.

For example:
start calc.exe
-> open new command window, and execute calc command
start "calc.exe"
-> open new command window, and set the window title "calc.exe". (Non-execute calc.exe)

This rule isn't matter if command name doesn't have space charactor like TA.exe.
So renaming the command and removing double quotations, you've solved this problem.

Oh-kay. That raises questions on the efficiency of the command in my mind, but I won't delve into that any longer. Thanks for explaining things for me. I might have to rely on your help again in the future. Hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
リクエスト
これのアートCGをお願いします。
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR
dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
If you don't have a file, can you let me know?