CCCP or K-lite codec for MPC-HC?

firecroll

Trusted Member
Oct 15, 2011
Hi there. Does someone know which one of those is better for MPC-HC. Becuase CCCP is a really good codec pack but its not updated since 2011 and K-Lite is at constant update (last update sep 4 2012) just a few days ago.

I know nothing about codecs so any help and technical explanation if possible would be great. I searched in internet but the technical part was like chinese for me XD.

Sorry for any inconvenience, and thanks in advance. ;)

for me VLC was the best...
so far i've tried almost all players/codecs...
me too i don't know too much about codecs but i read on forums on how to apply them
such as haali or coreavc etc etc...
but comparing all.. vlc is still the best...
also its good on handling subs.. even karaoke subs...
but if you see lags,stuttering or pixelation...
just search on google what settings on VLC you'll change..
cause one time i saw stuttering on a certain anime 1080p video opening
i just googled what settings on the"Skip H.264 in-loop deblocking filter"

I've been using CCCP since...I forgot when did I started using CCCP, but I'm still sticking to it until now.
It's true that it can't read certain format but then again I don't have videos in those format, like Realplayer files. I hate that format.
Most videos I've found that using that format(rmvb) usually in low quality. I'm sticking with mkv, ogm, h264, mp4, mpg, avi & iso.

I'm using a KMPlayer (I like the interface) with added codec from the K-lite if I found some artifact in the screen.

Oh i forgot about this topic, thx for the answers XD.
[MENTION=15349]rarely_upset[/MENTION] Do i have to use both codecs at the same time? I know it says "and" but to confirm, so i dont make a mess XD

CCCP is the codec pack and the player, xy-vsfilter renders subtitles. Think of xy-vsfilter as a plugin.
They do different things and you should be using both at the same time - configured correctly, xy-vsfilter will automatically load along with CCCP when you open a file.

i dont thinks that MPC-HC needs additional codec pack since its have everything.
but RealAlternative may required to play some unsupported Real video.

MPC-HC is the light player.
if you want the heavy video player, you can try SMPlayer, KMPlayer, VLC, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha