Building a New Computer ^^!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunflower

A.C Milan Fan Club
Elite Member
Feb 24, 2012
I think it's about time I looked into getting myself a new computer. My current computer is a Dell Inspiron 530S. Vista 32 bit, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2GB of RAM, standard Intel GMA 3100 graphics card. Even though she's over 4 years old, I've been taking very good care of her and she still runs games like portal and audiosurf just fine. Probably time to upgrade though, the OS has a fair bit of junk on it that nothing less than a complete reinstallation will solve (the Vista service packs might have solved this, but I can't install them for some reason).

Since I need to upgrade just about everything about it, I figure it's time to get a new one. The choice I'm facing is: should I just buy a market model, or build my own? I'd like to try building my own, but cost and performance are the main factors here. I'm not hugely knowledgable about computers, but quite confident in my ability to learn.

Which would be cheaper: buying a computer, or building one with the same specs?
Also, what would I need to build my own? I know I need a chassis, processor (I think RAM comes with the processor?), and a decent graphics card, what else?

Personally, I would build my own. But there are time I just feel kinda lazy and buy instead.
One thing I learn as an IT support is that sometimes those branded PC are not that friendly with upgrade hardware, unless it's from the same company/manufacture.
That's why I prefer make my own PC. Less hassle with (branded) compatibility.

If you can build your own, well, go for it.

I'd build my own dude, normally you'd be saving money and your virginity, as most of the times these big companies hit you pretty hard in the buttbutt when you're in a bit of trouble. (〃・ω・〃)

When I built my PC I had a budget too, a wise thing to do is to consider your budget and create a spreadsheet on Excel or something to determine what parts you are gonna get, and see how much they add up to, etc.

Please for the love of Haruhi, don't get another brand pc, it hurts cat girls everytime you turn it on, and you don't want to hurt cat girls do you?

Now let's get back to the inssue:

1.- Why you think you need a new Pc? what is working slow for you? games?
2.- Building a PC is easier than building a lego, legos can be put together in a wrong way, PC hardware can't, each part fit in one unique slot.
3.- You need:

- Case
- Motherboard
- Power Supply
- CPU
- RAM
- Hard Disk
- Optical Media*
- GPU*
*Optional hardware

4.- If your only inssue is that you can't play newer games then you need a GPU, and if with the new GPU you're happy with the performance, then that would be all you need to change*

*- Unless you choose a powerful GPU that needs a better Power Supply

Before buying anything aswer this post, and give me your budget so i can help you with the smartest decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.