Baffling Installation: *Cannonball ~Neko Neko Machine Mou Race!~*

LonerPrime

EroGamer Extraordinaire~
Elite Member
Jun 9, 2012
Hello,

Since the release of the English patch for the above mentioned title I decided to grab the game and give it a swing. But unlike a thousand other VN I have handled in the past the installation of this game is really something else. I would like some help on how to tackle this:

Name: Cannonball ~Neko Neko Machine Mou Race!~
VNDB: https://vndb.org/v602
Game downloaded from: Here

Problem:

When I unrared the 14 parts the following came out:
First.jpg

Further unraring the file inside breaks into the following:
Second.jpg

Now I am utterly confused at this point. There are no installation instructions whatsoever. If I try to mount the disk individually and run the setup, the installation ends after disk 2 and folder comes out empty. If I try to run the "canon" files they for ask a place for extraction but end up adding more to the confusion as the extraction ends within seconds and I have no idea what to do with the files that come out.

Cannon_inst_disk1_5
Cannon_inst_disk1_5.jpg
cannon030305
cannon030305.jpg

I am really scratching my head here so any guidance is appreciated.

Regards,
LonerPrime

Reactions: espiekerella
At first, i don't know how to install. I tried few times and i recognize how it work. But to write a step by step guide i have to install and uninstall several times. So i guess this guide is quiet accurately. If you still get error, plz try to uninstall and reinstall again.

The key is you have to Mount disc 3 first not install, not disc 1. Before read the step, i want to make sure that you mount the right disc, below is the disc list (according to my uploaded package):
- Disc 1: CANNON BALL ねこねこマシン猛レース DISK1
- Disc 2: DISC2
- Disc 3: CANNON BALL ねこねこマシン猛レース DISK3
- Disc 4: DISK4
- Disc 5: CANNON BALL ねこねこマシン猛レース 修正DISK

1. Mount disc 3, run setup
2. When it ask for disc 4, mount disc 4 and click ok
3. When finish disc 4, it will ask for disc 1. Mount disc 1 and click ok. It will install sound track.
4. Installing sound track, it will ask for disc 2 ( actually it ask for data1.cab ---> in disc 2). Mount disc 2 and click ok.
5. When finish, the installation wizard will appear like it's done. Click next then it will ask for disc 3 again. Mount disc 3 and click Try again.
At this point the setup is stop working ( or windows doesn't announce anything), If you run game using the shorcut on your desktop, it will have a window appear: compiler not found and the game is completely black. But if you use the exe in game folder, it will run well.

I stop here and don't do further check so i don't know if there are error or not. My note is if you want to uninstall using control panel you have to run AppIns (?, the other exe in game folder) and repeat step 3 & 4. So i guess run AppIns (?) is a must.

Because i write this guide while repeating install/uninstall the game so i notice something: the 2 patch and disc 5, what to do with its? So i try to use its. Well how to say... writing this line i think i'm stupid. Because i just realize that Cannon_inst_disk1_5 is created to help you install the game >.<.
- run Cannon_inst_disk1_5, choose the patch ( anywhere is ok ). It will extract a folder named: Cannon_inst_disk1_5. Open that folder, run RInst.exe
- Follow the installing wizard: mount disc 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... ( don't ask me if you can't do that )
- For other patch (cannon030305), if you run it and extract somewhere, you will see there are some folders and files. I think it add missing file? But if you don't get error then just ignore it ( it's my personal thought so you can patch to folder game if you want...)

DONE! HOPE THIS GUIDE HELP YOU INSTALL THIS GAME SUCCESSFULLY!!

The "Some questions you may ask" section below is for the steps that you mount disc 3 first ( i just don't want to delete it :D ). Anyway, if you get error in playing game, just let me know so i can edit this guide.
Another note is i write this installation guide base on my uploaded package that [MENTION=28096]LonerPrime[/MENTION]; mention in #1 . If you download other package somewhere, i'm not sure this guide can work for you.
To end, this guide took me a lot of time, so i'll bring it to my site ^^: Cannonball ~Neko Neko Machine Mou Race!~ Installation guide

Q: I install using other path, not the default path but the folder is empty?
A: it's because you use disc 1 to install. The installing wizard will create a folder in the path you choose but not install on it. You can found your file in the default patch ( C;\program file (x86)\Liar\Cannonball\ )

Q: in the step 2, the installing wizard is stuck, always 100% (0%) but nothing run.
A: there is disc check popped window, it ask for disc 1 but it's behind the installing wizard. Just minimize all opened windows and move the install windows around. You will see it. I notice it using task manager.

Last edited:
Reactions: LonerPrime
[MENTION=33830]moemoe-kyun[/MENTION]; Thanks a lot for that detailed guide dude. I followed this section of your guide and it got installed without a hitch:

Because i write this guide while repeating install/uninstall the game so i notice something: the 2 patch and disc 5, what to do with its? So i try to use its. Well how to say... writing this line i think i'm stupid. Because i just realize that Cannon_inst_disk1_5 is created to help you install the game >.<.
- run Cannon_inst_disk1_5, choose the patch ( anywhere is ok ). It will extract a folder named: Cannon_inst_disk1_5. Open that folder, run RInst.exe
- Follow the installing wizard: mount disc 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... ( don't ask me if you can't do that )
- For other patch (cannon030305), if you run it and extract somewhere, you will see there are some folders and files. I think it add missing file? But if you don't get error then just ignore it ( it's my personal thought so you can patch to folder game if you want...)

But here comes the ironical part... which I found out AFTER installing the game with your guide You see they just released an English translated patch a couple of days ago and unlike normal patches which only adds/replaces Japanese texts, this patch installs the whole game by asking for all the discs during installation. So basically the English patch knocks out the need for "Cannon_inst_disk1_5". All you need is the English Installer which is 50mb big and the 5 image discs and you can install the game in English directly. Everything else apart from the images become useless. This is how it turns out:

6zjtIMp.jpg

Still if someone wants the game in Japanese then your method is the only way to go so I appreciate you taking the time to write the guide. Thanks a lot for the fast reply and keep up the great work. :)

Regards,
LonerPrime

Last edited:
Reactions: moemoe-kyun
Thank for the information. I'm downloading the english patch now. I think i'll add a text note about how to install in the package. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3