ATLAS Translation is bad?

Kamichan

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2018
So, I've been using VNR with ATLAS and LEC for years as offline translators, but I've always wondered why Atlas is so bad in translation than Google or LEC. When I read some tutorials about translating VN to english people always says: "Atlas is better than google", but for me, I can't understand what Atlas say and mainly use google and LEC(sometimes others online translators) to understand what's going on.
-Some points
>I have FHC and Erzo(Atlasdictionary2015) as my dictionary
>Config JP-EN in atlas was tested aswell(Tried some configurations from tutorials)
>Only use VNR, Atlas, LEC
>VNR do not try to get the translation worse(Tested with atlas translating the text directly)

Anyone have solution for this problem? ATLAS is really bad as it seems? do I need something to get the translation better?

Edit:
Some examples about translations:
Original
EX 1:
悠真くんを攻略すれば210円か。なるほどなぁ…
EX 2:
あまり集中できそうな雰囲気ではなかったが、気合いだけは充分に伝わってきた。

Google
EX 1:"Is it 210 yen if we capture Yuuma-kun? Got it…"

EX 2:"It wasn't an atmosphere that seemed to be able to concentrate so much, but only the enthusiasm has been fully conveyed."

ATLAS FHC and Erzo

EX 1: "Is if the Yuma -kun is captured, it 210 yen?Indeed, [naa;] etc."

EX 2:"No mood that can be concentrated too much but only the yell has been transmitted enough. ."

Normal ATLAS
EX 1:"Is if [**shin] [kunwo] is captured, it 210 yen?Indeed, [naa;] etc."

EX 2: "No atmosphere that can be concentrated too much but only the yell has been transmitted enough. "

Last edited:
There are several causes. The first is that your ATLAS is old. (Specifically, a pirated version from the free version of ATLAS 14)
If you are still using it, it is the same as using Win2000 in the current era of Win10. Naturally, old ATLAS cannot keep up with the evolution of Google translation.
Second, the number of "words" recorded in your ATLAS is small. This is also because ATLAS is old.
(It is difficult to understand the version of ATLAS, "V" is a rough one, followed by "L" and "U" including the complete version notation.) [Example: ATLAS V14.0 L10 U001]
In the first place, ATLAS renewal stopped in 2013.
Third, ATLAS is a translation software that was originally designed for business use.
It is not assumed from the design stage that it will be used for VN. The wording used in business is different from the wording used in VN. Therefore, there is a difference in translation.
If you are "buy" and use the latest version of ATLAS and are not satisfied with the translation accuracy, you should give feedback to the manufacturer instead of here. That is more beneficial for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.