Apple TV???

shrekfx

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2012
Was wondering if anyone streams their .MKV files to their apple tv. I have it jailbroken with the aTV Flash black and can stream movies I ripped to mp4 to a hard drive hooked up to my airport extreme. How ever, when I try to play an MKV file, it just plays to a black screen and freezes up.. I know firecore says they support it, but for some reason I can't get it to work.. Wondering if I'm doing something wrong.. I'm trying to get it to work through the Media player that FC has, not through xmbc cuz I hate that layout. Thanks. :shinies:

I think I got it figured out.. Jailbroken apple TV will not play 10bit mkv, only 8bits. :)

MKV is a container format meaning it actually store's other file formats in it like audio, video, and subtitles, so if it supports MKV you need to check if it supports the other file types, mkvmerge is a good program for viewing, extracting, or putting files into an MKV container.

But I had a problem with a bluray player that supported MKV but not flac so i couldn't get any sound with that file, you can fix that if you extract the flac file and convert it to lets say an mp3 or wav (watch was a format the player supported). Then put the file back into the MKV file. Another problem is subtitles, unless the player supports them you will have to convert them into hardsubs.

Here is a link that does both hardsub and audio convertion.

Last edited:
MKV is a container format meaning it actually store's other file formats in it like audio, video, and subtitles, so if it supports MKV you need to check if it supports the other file types, mkvmerge is a good program for viewing, extracting, or putting files into an MKV container.

But I had a problem with a bluray player that supported MKV but not flac so i couldn't get any sound with that file, you can fix that if you extract the flack file and convert it to lets say an mp3 or wav (watch was a format the player supported). Then put the file back into the MKV file. Another problem is subtitles, unless the player supports them you will have to convert them into hardsubs.

Here is a link that does both hardsub and audio convertion.

That makes a lot of sense.. Cuz I found one anime that works on it fine, but so far that is it.. So I have been converting them with hand break and so far it's working great.. Handbreak aslo as a nice feture now that lets you make the soft subbed from mvk to hard subbed mp4.. But to early to tell if it's flawless.. So far on Sword Art Online, workes great, watching another series and so far looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks