Adobe CS6 Flash pure trash? No swf support.

Haiyami

Trusted Member
Elite Member
Oct 22, 2011
Yes get this. Adobe CS6 Flash no longer supports opening swf files. When importing a swf file it destroys it. Let's imagine I want open SWF directly in Flash CS6 so I want to see trace embed in it. In flash cs5.5 I can simple open swf and it playing also I see trace function working. unfortunately CS6 doesn't support this. Good job Adobe! Now what if my SWF loads external content from an online server? Well guess what not only does the current flash player prohibit such activity, it doesn't even pop open an error anymore saying there was an error connecting to an online source. Normally, I would simply drag the SWF into Flash and all connections would go through. I could see traces, errors, and experience no issues. Now I can't even do that. So what then? Adobe has crippled a fundamental use of the program, but THANK GOD we have that deco brush that nobody asked for. I understand that design for web advertizements has moved to javascript and jquery to get similar effects but, WHY would you even remove this key feature from Flash anyways? It's been there for years ... has the ratio of people importing SWFs (a rather useless gesture in an increasing OOP world) really outweighed the people using Flash as a testing environment that much? This feels like a huge step backwards, and adobe is supposed to be looking towards the future of design.

Now I'm not looking for people to diss on Adobe and call the company always being a pile of crap. Adobe's tools have been very useful for professional designers, but this is one of the few things in CS6 that adobe has dropped the ball on. I don't want to even get on about the color scheme and interface layout that changed back in CS5. That's another subject and more on aesthetics.

hmm maybe this is because peoples are using flash builder or flashdevelop more often, and rarely use Flash IDE?

Well you could always just have both installed and use them accordingly to your situation. Personally for me, I still user older version of various programs for these reasons and more. Having no support on a particular product doesn't mean you tell your End Users to move on.

Well anyway, my thoughts is what I said above. Keep both versions if you already have them and use them accordingly. It's not exactly a bad thing to have them both if you already have them that is.

hmm i think it's better to use Flash CS5.5 than buy the new CS6. Adobe's product is expensive like hell.... though i rarely use Flash IDE because i rarely draw object in vector

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25
uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?