Accelerator Download Software

r.bednarski

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2011
Hello, i want to ask. Did any of you using software like Download Accelerator Plus to speed up your Download ??
Since i'm using Internet Download Manager, i want to compare which one fast.

Internet Download Manager for me too, compatibility with many filehost and excellent firefox integration, as well as the ability of "Add batch download from clipboard" won me over.

IDM for me too
and looks like Orbit alredy dead since there are no new update for new firefox compatibility

IDM is the fastest download accelerator for me.. and in case u need many plugins u can use JDownloader as an alternative Download Managers.

How fast if you use IDM ???
My speed is 512 KbpS. If used for download, max speed is only about 55 KbpS.
Even i'm used speed limiter, when download my speed is also down.

Same here.. i just notice u r from indo too.. lol !

I would recommand jdownloader for its many plugins like rerecaptcha. But if you hardware isn't that powerful don't use it sicne it needs at least 400mb of ram.

Lul if you are in Indo then i think that's the speed you can get.

In Singapore can get up to 1MBpS. Depnds on what kind of internet line you are using. :P

IDM measures speed in kB/s. Meaning if your connection allows you 512kb/s and IDM is downloading at 55kB/s, you're using 55*8/512 = 85.9% of your speed, which, taking overhead in account, is pretty much as fast as it can go.

Why other people can download up to 13 Mbps ???
Is it about the provider or maybe there's some other method for increase it's speed ???

Is it about the provider or maybe there's some other method for increase it's speed ???

Your Provider must supporting and give u that speed. :p

An for a details information about speed, u can see Coro comment, it was very details explanation..

In Indonesia itself no provider that supporting up to 13Mbps, except a Private connection or u own a an ISP. ^^

My speed is 512 KbpS. If used for download, max speed is only about 55 KbpS

It is all about your provider.

Data Transfer is measured in bits, not bytes. While IDM measured in bytes by default, not bit. (bytes = storage measurement, generally)

So if your provider said you're on 512 Kbps, it's mean 512 Kilobit per second. IDM download 55KBps ~ 55 Kilobytes per second (mind the cap, b = bits, B = bytes), which is inline with your provider.

IDM, actually Jdownloader better but it needs Java (heavy) and Flashget (but lot of advertisement).

Actually all of them depend on your ISP, if you have T1 connection (at least), your download speed will be GODLIKE.

Do you need to register Internet Download Manager to increase better speed or leave that way?

If you're using jDownloader I'd suggest against using Flashget, it's a system hog and makes FF a lot slower, just copy the links and set jDown to intercept the clipboard.

Is there a free version of IDM? The one that's not trial version, I mean.

Yup, I got the crack version, except that I haven't install it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。