Results 1 to 1 of 1
- February 2nd, 2011, 02:55 AM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2010
- Thanked 431 Times in 243 Posts
[Tutorial] Ecm tools (What is Ecm?)
Credits goes to Neil Corlett.
You may have noticed that some of the games on our forum have a file extension--a suffix if you will--of ".ecm". If you are unaware of how to reverse the process, please read this.
The ECM format allows you to reduce the size of a typical CD image file
(BIN, CDI, NRG, CCD, or any other format that uses raw sectors; results may
It works by eliminating the Error Correction/Detection Codes (ECC/EDC) from
each sector whenever possible. The encoder automatically adjusts to
different sector types and automatically skips any headers it encounters.
The results will vary depending on how much redundant ECC/EDC data is
present. Note that for "cooked" ISO files, there will be no reduction.
Setup / Usage
Compile ecm.c and unecm.c if necessary, or use the included Win32 EXE files.
Run ECM with no parameters to see a simple usage reference:
usage: ecm cdimagefile [ecmfile]
Where "cdimagefile" is the name of the CD image file, and "ecmfile"
(optional) is the name of the ECM file. If you don't specify ecmfile, it
defaults to cdimagefile plus a .ecm suffix.
UNECM works the same way, but in reverse:
usage: unecm ecmfile [outputfile]
"ecmfile" must end in .ecm. If outputfile is not specified, it defaults
to ecmfile minus the .ecm suffix.
1. Drag the image file .ecm to the program "unecm.exe"
1. Drag the image file to the "ecm.exe"
And there you have it. Here are the tools you'll need. Ecm tools click
Mirror download: Click
Last edited by Cocona; February 3rd, 2011 at 08:48 AM.
- February 2nd, 2011 02:55 AM # ADSCircuit advertisement
- Join Date
- Advertising world
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- By Ein in forum Graphics ShowcaseReplies: 8Last Post: October 4th, 2013, 08:16 AM
- By Hime in forum Tech Support and TalkReplies: 2Last Post: April 22nd, 2012, 06:21 PM
- By JFreak in forum Tech Support and TalkReplies: 1Last Post: November 7th, 2011, 07:25 PM
- By Tessu in forum Hentai GamesReplies: 0Last Post: October 16th, 2010, 08:11 PM