[minori] Ef- the first tale, game won't start.

Trinity

Trusted Member
Oct 10, 2013
Hello guys,

I finally managed to find a working torrent for Ef -the first tale, but after I install it the game doesn't work. I think it might be related to the patch/crack included in the package, but I'm not sure. I'm currently running windows 10, so I already made sure to try installing the game on a virtual machine with windows XP. However, the same error persists. The error message I get every time is the following "この環境では動作できません”, which translates into "can't operate in this environment". I'm already using Japanese locale and non-unicode settings, so that isn't the problem and other VN's run fine. Perhaps there's someone with a crack that does work? If so I would appreciate it if you could upload it for me.

Just to make sure, I'm talking about the Japanese version of ef, not the English translation by mangagamer.

I'd like to bump this thread, as I'm having the exact same problem. I'm able to use the provided setup file to install the game without getting any errors, but I keep getting the same "Can't operate in this environment" error. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I figured it out! I just had to change my timezone to GMT +9 (Japanese Time) and it worked!

Edit 2: I have documented the entire installation process on Windows 10 here, for anyone interested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TasogareHentai wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry for disturb, but can you please reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
リクエスト
これのアートCGをお願いします。
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR
dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?