[Looking For] Player that can play TTA / CUE / TAK Files

HatoriTakaya

Destiny Awaits.
Elite Member
Nov 20, 2011
Hi everyone,

For all obvious reasons, I ran out of in-the-box ideas how to make the latest version of Foolbar2000 to play files that is related to TTA, CUE and TAK files. More often than not, these files are Video Games Music that is ripped directly from the game CD themselves. So far, I have a small marginal chances of getting it to work on my Foolbar2000 due to the fact the component that is installed into the Foolbar2000 (the older versions collected from the site TTA for example) does not work with the current to date build.

Now the real question comes down to this. Is there any decoder packs I can install to have Foolbar2000 working with these files and be able to play them? Or is there a better program that can play these files and more without switching out of different music player programs.

Hope you guys can advise some programs that I can use to play all my files. Or figure out what I could do to help it play these files.

Personal Note: From my understanding, CUE files are information for the player to read and then work with when providing track titles and the times where the track start and ends. Although this problem is more of a TTA and TAK problem than anything else. I don't want to go through a complete conversion with TTA and TAK to be converted into APE or any other format. If you ask me, I'll be dealing with many TB of data to be converted. Not a feasible idea.

The only thing I know is that there's a decoder for TAK :http://liviocavallo.altervista.org/
I heard that Media Player Classic - Home Cinema and VLC player can play TTA files..
About the .cue, many people just mount it with Daemon Tools or something, and then play the audio files normally. I wouldn't recommend that though..Others like to convert it to ISO (using programs like 'AnytoISO'). Some sites say that VLC can play them but since several people said the opposite, I don't really believe that it can.

I'm sorry if I can't be of any help, I just thought I'd say what I know and let whoever knows continue. :S

Reactions: HatoriTakaya
Foobar plays all those files fine. I run the latest Foobar (1.2.9) and it plays all my audio files just fine. Even MIDI. Maybe you should remember to update your components as well whenever you upgrade the player itself.

TAK decoder: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_tak

TTA decoder: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tta...zip/download?use_mirror=superb-dca2&download=

As for cue sheets, Hydrogenaudio can definitely explain it better than me. If you're having problems playing cue sheets, check the .cue files themselves. Open them with your plain text editing software of choice (such as Windows' Notepad) and make sure everything is correct.

Usually, Foobar's error message for unplayable cue sheets are self-explanatory. For example, line n contains an error (very often caused by the lack of a closing double quotation mark) or object not found (almost always caused by the FILE line pointing to the wrong file or the wrong file extension is specified, like .wav instead of .tak).

Reactions: HatoriTakaya
Thanks guys for the suggestions and advice on how to allow it to play. I was able to recover some of the tracks through CUE Sheet editing since all I needed to do was to fix file source and titles. Updated the Flac as suggested and updated the Foolbar2000 to the latest version. I know it's late but thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Roadrunner Email Support is an astonishing email support service, you can ever get. We use the expertise of our strong support team to resolve any and all issues that may arise during the use of Roadrunner emails. Roadrunner customer service team will help our helpline number +1-844-902-0608 you to get the best out of this email service.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha
Irish99 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi if you get time can you reupload this please.