JLPT (N4) this Sunday :)

Aki2

zombying around
Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2013
Hey guys!
Anyone else doing the JLPT on Sunday? I'll be doing the N4 this time and I'm a bit anxious...My Japanese class didn't get past lesson 19 of the Genki II book but the N4 covers just a bit more than that, so I'll totally be doing a 黒子のバスケの緑間 真ちゃん there, bringing today's lucky item and stuff..:D :ohnoes:
Any hints what I should concentrate on most? Right now I guess it'll be okay if it is mostly about そうです、みたいです、ばよかった、時、ながら and that stuff. I'm more afraid of the vocabs for reading, listening and kanji sections. Normally I'm fine with longer sentences with kanjis in between 'cause you get the meaning pretty fast and therefore remember the reading but the sentences in the JLPT are so short! :spiraldown:
I remember seeing a list of radicals that gave the reading of a kanji away in 90% of the cases..Anyone else remember that site? I'd be super happy to be able to look it over again.
How did you prepare? What level JLPT are you doing right now? Doing it for yourself or is it a must-do for business or something? As for me I'm only doing it for myself right now but I guess it's never bad when searching for a job to have those kinds of certificates..:rolleyes: 皆さん、頑張りましょうよ!ファイト!:goodluck:

Hi akina. I'm taking JLPT this Sunday too. I already forgot how much N4 test covers. Sorry. =\

I suppose you don't have trouble with kanji meanings, but rather how they read?

What level JLPT are you doing then, Frankincense? :) Sounds like you're already far ahead. *jealous* And yes, you're correct: I'm better with the meaning of kanjis than I am with the readings. I study Chinese at the same time as Japanese so I have often already learned the kanjis as Chinese hanzi but then I have trouble getting the on- and kun yomi into my head because it's already filled with Chinese haha. So yeah last November I saw a list of kanji that are mostly read as their radicals are and then there was the list of kanjis according to their radical and the pronunciation that is used most often in words (I guess that only goes for the more Chinese-original characters because they as well often use one of the radicals to give you a hint about how to pronounce it). バカ me forgot to save the site and now I can't find it or any site similar to that. I thought it was really helpful as I learn kanjis with radicals rather than with the picture and story analogy used in the Heising concept etc. I guess that's because I face kanjis more from the Chinese way of learning hanzi our teacher beat into us than most people learn kanji with the picture/story method. :whipmaster:

I'm taking N2 this time. =\

Hmm some questions ask directly how each kanji read, so there's no choice but to remember it. I don't know any sites in particular so you might have to google around.

Regarding kanji radicals, for me looking at each kanji first then notice the similarities myself, is easier than remembering how radicals affect the reading, because it doesn't apply to all cases. But it's just personal preferences. =\

How many kanji you remember how to read? If you know around 200 you should be fine.

Thanks a lot for your help Frankincense. Sorry for my late answer though. I was so stressed the past few months I even forgot my AS password...AGAIN..:puniko_despair:
As I was so busy I even forgot that the results would be online starting 28th August until 1st September..But when I checked...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_-FvLMJEl4k/Uu4WQBJcUaI/AAAAAAAAA_0/8eVUBlPhLOM/s1600/JLPT+passed+the+exam.JPG
I was really, really happy. I passed exactly with 90/180 points. The reading section really brought me to my knees lol. In the end I just randomly crossed off some numbers because I simlpy had no more time! The texts were so long (or at least too long for me to read that fast).. I was kind of surprised how -relatively- easy the listening section was for N4. I feared worse..^^ My problems on kanji isn't that I don't know what they mean and I most often also can read them buuuut my real problem with them are the little things like "Is it っしょ, しょ or しょう?" and stuff like っ etc..Just because I'm never really need those tiny extras when actually reading..^^
How was your test? Did you pass? I hope you did! If you did, will you try N1? I think I'll try N3 in July 2015.First of all I missed the deadline for December and secondly I don't have any Japanese classes in university anymore because they don't offer a level over Genki II there and I'm not really sure on how to continue and how long and what I'll need to study to pass N3. Any tips for me? :bye:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.

How to Start a NEMT Business in Idaho?

Discover the essential steps and regulations for launching a Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) business in Idaho, from licensing to operational setup, ensuring compliance and success in the healthcare transportation industry.

Read More: https://medium.com/@nemtclouddispatchsoftware/how-to-start-a-nemt-business-in-idaho-45cd46c150ee
mozzamezo wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please re upload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01177568.html/?locale=en_US

Thanks in Advance
coolguy12346789 wrote on Shine's profile.
Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, can you update this game? New version fix the character skin chage bug. This bug will cause the game can't interactive with anything.