Answers Thread [Ask and Answer!]

w33t

Programmer
Nov 3, 2012
Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd start a thread that would address a question I have been wondering to my self for quite some time. I figure after I ask it, this thread could be used to ask whatever questions you are wondering in hopes someone will answer them. No requests though please. This is for opinion based questions and about things that happen irl.

My first question is, do you find it harder to make friends on the internet or in person?

I tend to have a lot of trouble talking to people on the internet. For some reason I feel as if I have this online persona that must be distinguished and well liked. But because I feel that way, I never want to post or talk to anyone for fear of sounding ridiculous. Ive never made any friends over the internet. That fact upsets me too because it should be easier shouldn't it?

More problems in person. I`m shy by nature and because of the fact I look, act, and dress a little...differently, people don`t view me as a potential friend very often. All of my friends are either weird, or were introduced to me by someone else. In fact, me and my best friend started out as a forced relationship by a teacher. He has social problems too and had just moved here, so she asked me and one of my other friends if we would hang out with him. I go over to his house every weekend now and I`m friends with his entire family, so it worked out for the better.

On the internet though, it`s easier to approach people. If they don`t like me, it doesn`t really matter because we`ll never se each other again. Not the case at work,school etc.

On the internet though, it`s easier to approach people. If they don`t like me, it doesn`t really matter because we`ll never se each other again. Not the case at work,school etc.

I never really thought about it that way. But what if its a forum like this where you have an identity. Aren't you ever afraid that you might post something that someone else wont like? Or am i just thinking that forums are more like real life then they actually are? A lot of people ive met in this world have been unkind. I don't really like the majority of them. are people just as mean and judgmental on the internet?

I really need to talk to people more on the internet. If everyone is nicer here than irl ive been missing out for a while. =]

Hmm the internet usually creates weaker bonds... takes physical contact or offline interactions anyway to create the strongest bonds... i wonder how strong of a bond people can make without... Anyhow the weaker bonds allow for more elasticity so any problems can sort of be dealt with easier...

Were quite accepting here so i dont think anyone would really dislike you for an odd post ;p

Im quite... shy... too and apparently i dont look that nice... or so one of my friends told meh =.= I seemed scary until he got to know me somewhat and now were friends~ Most of my friendships were created through other existing friendships... Well there was random odd ones that just popped up but friends of friends seems to be the simplest way of making friends offline...

Personally i find it harder to make friends online because of what Samy said about physical contact, its so hard to get to be good friends with someone over the internet then it is to actually talk to them in person. That said it's sill good to be friendly over the internet towards others and not expect any long term commitment of friendship, it can be good sometimes to have a lack of commitment to friends online as apposed to RL friendships. I could simply go away for a month and come back and i'm sure everyone here would welcome me back with no questions asked :P

Hmm no questions~ You sure about that /me goes into interrogation mode :traitor:
Sooooooo~ Where were you yesterday~ And the day before~ And the one before that~ And that~ And yeahhh... xD

Well this forum is public so that doesnt really give people complete freedom to say what they will~ If it was through IMs then there is a chance of developing somewhat stronger relationships because people think its safer and stuff to be a bit more personal~

Nahiko has a point. I`ve been gone for about 4 days now. If I did that to my friends they`d be freakin pissed with me. No one minds on here. Though I suppose that could also be seen as no one notices when I`m gone...crap.

Hmm Ill keep it short and simple.. I make friends everywhere I go. But most of the time I preffer to be a loner... Who knows maybe im a freak

It's easier for me to be myself online..

I generally enjoy talking with guys more... but at the same time in real life I'm really intimidated by guys. However online it's much easier to talk and be more open from the beginning. I feel like I don't worry about being judged by other people online.. so there's less pressure.

Oh and I will say that despite what some people have said about online friends being less demanding.. I've also had the opposite happen to me.. I actually don't use skype or facebook anymore because I had more then one online friend become more demanding of me and my time.. I wound up having to choose between my most important real life relationship and a couple overly demanding online friends.. Also.. I don't know if it's just me but I've had a few online friends get a little too "friendly" with me.. maybe I gave them the wrong idea? (even though they knew I was in a relationship).. I don't know..

Either way.. I kind of prefer online friends.. actually I've grown apart from pretty much all my old friends from High School so my online ones are pretty much what I have ^^; haha.. that sounds sad

Hmm... its hard to keep real life relationships alive when you dont see them... so going online sort of makes it easier?... It actually helps real life relationships in some ways~

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

How to Start a NEMT Business in Idaho?

Discover the essential steps and regulations for launching a Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) business in Idaho, from licensing to operational setup, ensuring compliance and success in the healthcare transportation industry.

Read More: https://medium.com/@nemtclouddispatchsoftware/how-to-start-a-nemt-business-in-idaho-45cd46c150ee
mozzamezo wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please re upload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01177568.html/?locale=en_US

Thanks in Advance
coolguy12346789 wrote on Shine's profile.
Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, can you update this? New version fix the character skin chage bug. This bug will cause you can't interactive with anything.
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ315563 RJ327273 RJ367842 links were dead, please could you reupload these?