[LPW #5] Smile for Anime Sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

corocoro

I Am Admin, Hear Me Roar!
Admin
Oct 16, 2010
Rules:

- Insignificant spam (staff discretion applies) is not accepted.
- Chit chat is allowed.
- Quoting quotes is not allowed.
- Double, triple posting and so on are not allowed.
- Once 3174 posts are reached the thread is closed. The user making the post with the number 3174 can make a new LPW or pass on the honour to another member.

It's past midnight, I haven't slept much those last few days and a bit of an headache. So I cancelled the super awesome words of introduction that would've changed the world forever and instead decided to ramble on a bit. Why you ask? No reason, really. Just a bit of boredom and plenty of complaints about the thread start being lacklustre.
Anyway, the last LPW ended with questions of smilies and surprisingly, given that Check was there, not on juicy topics. Oh well, I'm sure he'll make up for it in this thread. Gotta do what a pervert gotta do. I'm also happy that the Christmas season is over, because in that single week there were about a million BDs to be added to the forum - in the interest of variety. I guess I also need to upload 10TB until 2012 (seeing how I got one last year), so BDs are a good way forward. :P
I am somewhat seeing forward to the releases of Shiki (beyond awesome show) and Star Driver, which I'll rewatch along with Hyakka Ryouran (action suffered in the HDTV releases) and Ore no Imouto (at least until I can figure out where those extra minutes in the BD releases come from). Talking about OreImo: So far the prize for best BD special has to go to them. The character commentary is simply to funny. :P
With the last anime season gone I might as well add some final thoughts to those series that are over. First of I haven't finished watching Hyakka Ryouran (the non-.ts encode for episode 9 causes eye cancer) and Yakumo (group dropped the project in the middle). The first I'll enjoy with Seto Otaku-Hiryuus nice encodes as they come out over the next few months. The later I'll watch when I get around to it, albeit I'm not really anticipating something truly great.
I finished watching Fortune Arterial including its WTF ending. As soon as Frankincense gets around to it I'll continue editing the game though, so a better version will be seen by me. Especially looking forward to Kanade's route, who is easily the funniest character in the game and went as far as rescuing more than one anime episode drudging along. If I recall correctly Ignis translated that route, so I expect less editing to be required - another plus point.
Another anime that ended is Otome Youkai Zakuro. At the beginning I was on the trenches about watching it, but the battle song swayed me. It was a nice experience, even though the presentation could have been improved at some points. It also has (female) twins in it, which is always a plus. :P Sadly it's not getting a BD, but I am looking forward to the OST, which should be epic.
Yosuga no Sora is also featuring twins, but these ones are more interested in procreating. All the time. I mean, this anime is basically a hentai with an improved story. Given, the developments didn't really wow me, but considering all the sex in the anime it was still good. Sometimes gratuitous nudity can sway me...
The World God only Knows also contains sex, but only in the form of the main character playing eroges. You don't ever get to see any of the 18+ scenes either, but that doesn't matter. It's funny, has a often switching cast and Elsee is the cutest "imouto" of the season. Similar to Kanade in Fortune Arterial she can carry an episode by the power of her humour alone, but the difference is that TWGoK also has plenty of other good characters and a better planed out story design to help it. Except the last episode, which was too silly for my tastes, but you can't have everything. What you can have includes a second season though.
As already mentioned above OreImo also made my viewing list. It's mostly lightweight comedy with a bit of character development thrown in. To describe it in one word: moe. Despite having an atypical imouto it still managed to persevere and get high rankings. An alternative ending will be shown on the blurays and everyone expects an imoucon one. We shall see whether this will be realised, but the comedy will certainly continue. As a side note the character commentary points to the possibility of a second season, so the BD only episodes could also set that up. Maybe they just want to see how sales go before deciding? Either way, we haven't seen the last of Kirino and co.
The last anime I watched that completed lately is Shiki. A sad day, but all good things must come to an end - and Shiki certainly was good. It won't appeal to most people, since it has no fanservice, no ecchi, sparsely (but well) used humour and a deep story. The atypical art style will also shock some people away from it. All that doesn't matter though, because the story and directing are just superb and the anime a thrill ride of extraordinary proportions. Best anime of the last season and one of the best I've ever seen.
I am yet completely undecided as to watch they next season, as I always give things a try first. Given, most anime don't make it past the 5 minute mark, but I can pretty accurately decide by then whether it will be good or whether I will enjoy it (those two are not necessarily the same), so for the sake of saving time (and sanity) this is by far the most effective way to proceed for me. So far it never happened that I actually liked an anime that I decided to skip over, so that vindicates my decisions.
Anyway, time to let some more people talk and do some other stuff - it's 1am here, so there's likely to be the occasional error in the text above - you are free to keep those and frame then on your wall. Enjoy them and I hope you also enjoyed the rambling, at least a bit. :P

Reactions: Cocona
He didn't even bother to write anything apart from copy and pasted the rules xD

Actually I added the last rules and removed a few grammar errors. :P
Pay attention to the number of posts, that's where the surprise lies. ;)

But I expected Checkmate attacks :( I mean friendly words xD

lol 3174 xD

A bit more would have been nice. and I did notice the last rule...but why such random number, does it signify anything at all? xD

At the beginning of a thread? No, they need to be hidden where he can't see them!

lol, I don't remember admin and mods can win the lpw though. Staff can participate in most forum activities and contests but they cannot win any prize, that's a general rules :p

I'll be busy capturing Yume, and then get some sleep~

Corocoro didn't win, Cocona gave that honour to him, that's all...you're the next one we're donating it to, at least me and Cocona anyway...

Hopefully you won't let us down by just plainly copying the rules and "added" a new one xD.

Longer? It is the same as we started? ;P apart from telling us we stop at 3174 xD

lol pretty much. Besides, knowing Check he'll make the next one full of juice xD

I won't mind that, at least that's "putting in the effort to surprise us"

XD

Give coro a break xD

So... your not going to college now? o_o Why all the rush before? >_>

I was going to sleep...early college...but just a couple more post until 200 post count for the day..so...

lol, still have a long way to go to get past Kou I see :P

Hahaha, very very long way so xD

Though having said that I just like nice round up numbers

I'm almost to 5,000 points~ Too bad you guys are close to 10,000 xD

Hm...xD Too much staring at Sora? xD

Anyway, time to say byebye and NightNight Sweet dreaming! ;D

Too much complaining about nothing. >.<
There's not even a real reason for that, given the epic length of the introductory post. It's all on topic and non-random as well!

Goodbye and sweet dreams King. ^^

lol, admins will be admins I guess xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

freerdin wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, could you please upload these games?
JDを攻略したい
J〇を攻略したい!
https://booth.pm/ja/items/5257391
https://booth.pm/ja/items/3749866
Explore elegance with Anemoii's women's moissanite pendant necklace sets, meticulously crafted to perfection. Shop our collection to discover timeless beauty at competitive prices. Elevate your style with the perfect blend of luxury and affordability.
Ruri wrote on Shine's profile.
Hello, can you please reupload for mexashare both MP3 only and Full-Version of RJ301587? Thank you!
Link