Update to the popular Signature of the Month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingArturia

孤独な騎士王
Oct 31, 2010
Dear Signature of the Month competitors,

As with previously discussed on the question of whether we should just open and let SotM being ran by the community itself, [MENTION=2]Iggy-sama[/MENTION] have came to the conclusion that he'll let you guys run SoTM rather than the traditional one that have been ran by staff since SotM #1 . There is no plan for future to put a dedicated staff here at the moment as you guys have always been civil, but do note that if this get out of hand we'll step in and fix things of course, you have our trust, don't let us down!

As with resources, Iggy-sama have left me the following link to share with you guys:

http://misha.fio.re/Fia/public.php?service=files&t=4ac91140c9eb9b0cb6e2ff32e299f70d

Password: asf

This is for those who wish to create the competition, and its just a style that Iggy-sama used, note that some are not complete and it is not compulsory to follow his style, so if you have some other creative ways then feel free to show us!

I look forward to see more creative SoTM created by the creative part of our community. Though this is not a rule, I would recommend that to keep the theme either by voting among yourselves or try not to have same person decide on themes if there are people with ideas, you can just rotate between yourselves (e.g. Member 1 decide theme for SoTM #35 , then Member 2 can decide on the theme for SoTM #36 ). Since this only take place every month, give other members a chance!

I actually thought up a theme to suggest for Signature of the Month #35 , since it is December I thought why not Christmas 2015? It would be perfect for many of us who celebrate Christmas in one form or another (e.g. religious celebration, end of year gathering...etc), however I'm not sure whether you guys would actually want this so I'll post my suggestion here, if you guys do in fact like it then feel free to make a thread with that theme on it!

Finally, opening a thread in SotM section is public, however closing and sticky thread is not. Iggy-sama said the person who is hosting that SoTM should poke a global mod and ask nicely to sticky/close thread when appropriate. For those of you who doesn't know, our current global mods are [MENTION=71]Cocona[/MENTION] [MENTION=112354]velka[/MENTION] [MENTION=2736]WsE[/MENTION]. Please note that this might subject to change in the future.

If you have any questions then feel free to leave them here. I'll answer them the best that I could within my knowledge.

[Upate 1:] For the one hosting the SoTM, please poke Iggy-sama after the winner have been elected so award can be handed out accordingly.

Last edited:
Is Dark angel going to make the next sotm?

Lets see:goodtea:

Okay, let's see it then, if you're done with that master piece...xD

So nanashi do you like the new x-mas banner?

template_sotm_banner.jpg

Some progress finally ^^

I also agree with Arty about switching the people who "host" the SOTM. It'd be nice to see different people hosting one :3

Reactions: Touwa Erio
Some progress finally ^^

I also agree with Arty about switching the people who "host" the SOTM. It'd be nice to see different people hosting one :3

Because i don't know how Ignis is making that background scroling down and have inside the post a background i made only a banner and i copy past the rules from Pinky.

Anyway it's my first hosting sotm, though i won't participate any more not now or the feature. It's time to open space for new people!

That's already good enough. At least SOTM can progress this way.
I MIGHT join but I doubt it. I'll join whenever there's a cool/original theme for the SOTM :3

Reactions: Touwa Erio
Be warned though, you'll never look at the outside world in a normal way again xD
All I see is photo opportunities lol
One more thing, what about the poll for SOTM 34?

I am working on it with King. I can't add a poll because i don't have mods privilages so i am trying to find a way if a global mod can add a poll.

As for the photography, till now i am reading some photography books and i a trying to learn the usage of the prime lens 18-24mm lens 24-72mm i am trying not to use the kit lens the 18-140mm that my 7200 came with. I am trying make nicy blury background like professionals do but till now it's too hard but i can fingure how to lock the specific areas at an image befor shooting.

It's amazing! hobby!

I am working on it with King. I can't add a poll because i don't have mods privilages so i am trying to find a way if a global mod can add a poll.

As for the photography, till now i am reading some photography books and i a trying to learn the usage of the prime lens 18-24mm lens 24-72mm i am trying not to use the kit lens the 18-140mm that my 7200 came with. I am trying make nicy blury background like professionals do but till now it's too hard but i can fingure how to lock the specific areas at an image befor shooting.

It's amazing! hobby!

Ah, I see. Sounds good.

As for that, it's pretty simple actually. You just have to rememder that the smaller the 'F' number, the blurrier the background. You can further accentuate this by standing a bit further from your subject and zooming in a little.
Putting your subject much further from the background will give a greater blur effect as well. Usually 50mm lenses work perfectly for these type of photos.
Anyway, let's not get off-topic here x3

KK-chan i can;t do nothing my self for the moment i am speaking with some global mods to do it.

If i have tha power i could make it my self!

Thanks for answering~
I understand :)
Then waiting game continues..:goodtea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

How to Start a NEMT Business in Idaho?

Discover the essential steps and regulations for launching a Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) business in Idaho, from licensing to operational setup, ensuring compliance and success in the healthcare transportation industry.

Read More: https://medium.com/@nemtclouddispatchsoftware/how-to-start-a-nemt-business-in-idaho-45cd46c150ee
mozzamezo wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please re upload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01177568.html/?locale=en_US

Thanks in Advance
coolguy12346789 wrote on Shine's profile.
Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, can you update this? New version fix the character skin chage bug. This bug will cause you can't interactive with anything.
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ315563 RJ327273 RJ367842 links were dead, please could you reupload these?