Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Like Tree509Likes

Thread: SOTM BBcode Tutorial

Thanks
    Thanked 102,627 Times in 26,297 Posts
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Community AwardMost PopularSOTM #30 WinnerSOTM #31 WinnerSOTM #32 WinnerSOTM #33 WinnerSOTM #34 WinnerSOTM #23 WinnerSOTM #52 WinnerSOTM #54 Winner

Re: SOTM BBcode Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Ignis View Post
    Looks nice. I like how you blended the girl with the shattered glass as well as how you made the glass part of the chequered background pattern. The format also looks alright, good job. And yes, as I previously said, a semi-regular free theme is totally fine by me
    Thank you

those are the materials that i blend them for the banner:

Spoiler:  

So it's based 4 images and a 3D style plus some blur around and more focused (sharpenned) center.

I was in hurry because i didn't have enough free time this month to sit down and thing of something.

And here is the render that i have made it back at 2013...

Spoiler:  

I only changed the coloring and few other things. I liked this render and i always wanted to use her in some spacial event or something so... it came in handy...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,881 Times in 964 Posts
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassOverdriveRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #2 ParticipantSOTM #1 WinnerWOW #3 ParticipantSOTM #40 WinnerSOTM #51 Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Angel View Post
    I was in hurry because i didn't have enough free time this month to sit down and thing of something.
    You know, for something you made in a hurry while short on free time, the compositions you did still sound considerably more diligent than what I'd do in terms of effort.

Nice mix though, I can imagine how you blended the elements together. That's something I've done often myself, though I personally stopped using images of galaxies/nebulae/stars/etc as base, because while I liked them, I often ended up making a messy image (but you did nicely there). The broken glass, in particular, plays nicely with the reflective effects - or whatever those are - in the main girl image.

And yes, having resources like renders stocked up always comes in handy and is hardly a bad thing
    Dark Angel likes this.

Rules | XDCC tutorial | Site Support (not for download problems) | Signature Contest | IRC
    I do not take reupload requests. For ASL releases with dead links/torrents, please try XDCC.
      Spoiler: Stats 

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Community AwardMost PopularSOTM #30 WinnerSOTM #31 WinnerSOTM #32 WinnerSOTM #33 WinnerSOTM #34 WinnerSOTM #23 WinnerSOTM #52 WinnerSOTM #54 Winner

@Ignis; I have finished a Beta SOTM 59 Entry & Discussion Thread and the Notice. Also please help me out with snow flakes that i want to add. I want to add a gif file but i want to be seen up and cover the background / renders / fonts. I have 1-2 snow flake transparent gif. I will add them at a spoiler tag to help me of how to add them one of them...

Spoiler: Snow gif 

Spoiler: SOTM 59 - Entry - Merry Christmas - December Theme 

Beta SOTM Discussion Thread.

Spoiler: SOTM 59 - Discussions - Merry Christmas - December Theme 

Beta SOTM 59 Notice.

Spoiler: SOTM 59 - Notice - Merry Christmas - December Theme 

Last edited by Dark Angel; November 13th, 2017 at 04:19 PM.
    Ignis likes this.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassOverdriveRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #2 ParticipantSOTM #1 WinnerWOW #3 ParticipantSOTM #40 WinnerSOTM #51 Winner

@Ignis; I have finished a Beta SOTM 59 Entry & Discussion Thread and the Notice. Also please help me out with snow flakes that i want to add. I want to add a gif file but i want to be seen up and cover the background / renders / fonts. I have 1-2 snow flake transparent gif. I will add them at a spoiler tag to help me of how to add them one of them...
    Good work! First of all, though, there are two minor errors in the code (use search function to find the related bit within your code):

Code:
    [box=url('http://ignis.anime-sharing.com/vault/files/91879_nwdyj/Pattern%2004%20-%20Red.png')||||][/url]
    and

Code:
    [box=url('') no-repeat 50% 70%; ||||][img]http://ignis.anime-sharing.com/vault/files/91882_r3tj9/Christmas%20Render%202.png[/img][/box][/img]
    Those are superfluous. If you press ctrl + A (select all) on this page in your browser, you can see that the two bits I highlighted aren't parsed properly and thus stick out. Other than that, it looks nice! The banner looks overfiltered, but the overall impression (not least with the decorative bells and ribbons) really fits.

Now, about the snowfall effect, I think the second gif is much better. The way the first gif moves is way too frantic, not to mention it's a bit rough and the individual snowflakes are pretty big. Wouldn't be good if they ended up being too obtrusive to the thread itself.

As for putting it as an overlay on top of your entire post body, it's actually been a while since I touched these custom BB codes (apart from checking your code) so I'm not sure if that's possible with the current BB codes we have now. I'll experiment and let you know.
    Dark Angel likes this.

Rules | XDCC tutorial | Site Support (not for download problems) | Signature Contest | IRC
    I do not take reupload requests. For ASL releases with dead links/torrents, please try XDCC.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Awards:

Good work! First of all, though, there are two minor errors in the code (use search function to find the related bit within your code):

Code:
    [box=url('http://ignis.anime-sharing.com/vault/files/91879_nwdyj/Pattern%2004%20-%20Red.png')||||][/url]
    and

Code:
    [box=url('') no-repeat 50% 70%; ||||][img]http://ignis.anime-sharing.com/vault/files/91882_r3tj9/Christmas%20Render%202.png[/img][/box][/img]
    Those are superfluous. If you press ctrl + A (select all) on this page in your browser, you can see that the two bits I highlighted aren't parsed properly and thus stick out. Other than that, it looks nice! The banner looks overfiltered, but the overall impression (not least with the decorative bells and ribbons) really fits.

Now, about the snowfall effect, I think the second gif is much better. The way the first gif moves is way too frantic, not to mention it's a bit rough and the individual snowflakes are pretty big. Wouldn't be good if they ended up being too obtrusive to the thread itself.

As for putting it as an overlay on top of your entire post body, it's actually been a while since I touched these custom BB codes (apart from checking your code) so I'm not sure if that's possible with the current BB codes we have now. I'll experiment and let you know.
    I have just fixed the code. And thank you for pointing out those two errors, man how i did miss those?

Also i like the second one better as well. I hope that you will find a way to add the snow effect.

The banner i did this way on purpose but i can arrange it Though i like it this way. Also i used the ribbon with the bells in the place of that "pure and innocent" stripe.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Awards:

I have just fixed the code. And thank you for pointing out those two errors, man how i did miss those?

Also i like the second one better as well. I hope that you will find a way to add the snow effect.

The banner i did this way on purpose but i can arrange it Though i like it this way. Also i used the ribbon with the bells in the place of that "pure and innocent" stripe.
    You're welcome. Don't sweat it, they're easy to miss; if they didn't stick out like that in the parsed version I may not have noticed them myself.

And yes, the ribbon-and-bell decoration works well instead of the standard "pure and innocent" line. Not to mention that for this kind of occasion it may be better to use something that doesn't have lewd connotations behind it.
    Dark Angel likes this.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Awards:

You're welcome. Don't sweat it, they're easy to miss; if they didn't stick out like that in the parsed version I may not have noticed them myself.

And yes, the ribbon-and-bell decoration works well instead of the standard "pure and innocent" line. Not to mention that for this kind of occasion it may be better to use something that doesn't have lewd connotations behind it.
    Well i have many thing going around lately again... and sometimes i can be faulty,,,
    But man... and to thing that i preview the post before posting it...

What i can say... but eye? or better saying getting OLD!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread Information