Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: SOTM#52 - May 2017

Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first Group25000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    SOTM #37 WinnerSOTM #50 Winner

Re: SOTM#52 - May 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Angel View Post
    I see that's unfortunate but you can't do nothing about it! Real life is more important than anything!
    I know!!!

I can't promise anything but i will give a small change that i migh join.
    Ignore This Signature

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Evdokia For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 102,589 Times in 26,279 Posts
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Community AwardMost PopularSOTM #30 WinnerSOTM #31 WinnerSOTM #32 WinnerSOTM #33 WinnerSOTM #34 WinnerSOTM #23 WinnerSOTM #52 Winner

That would be nice Evi!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dark Angel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,869 Times in 948 Posts
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassOverdriveRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #2 ParticipantSOTM #1 WinnerWOW #3 ParticipantSOTM #40 WinnerSOTM #51 Winner

Great entry @Dark Angel; really like how you played with the colours. The transition and lighting are all nice. Quite possibly the best piece I've seen from you so far

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ignis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Community AwardMost PopularSOTM #30 WinnerSOTM #31 WinnerSOTM #32 WinnerSOTM #33 WinnerSOTM #34 WinnerSOTM #23 WinnerSOTM #52 Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Ignis View Post
    Great entry @Dark Angel; really like how you played with the colours. The transition and lighting are all nice. Quite possibly the best piece I've seen from you so far
    Thanks, though it's the old banner that i made last year at sotm 42. I just add the 3D Effect a focused sharpness at the character and more blur around her. Plus i add the lettering from the new Banner and i also add the 3D effect on the lettering too. Nothing special... Hey you know i am too lazy to do anything those days!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dark Angel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassOverdriveRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #2 ParticipantSOTM #1 WinnerWOW #3 ParticipantSOTM #40 WinnerSOTM #51 Winner

Thanks, though it's the old banner that i made last year at sotm 42. I just add the 3D Effect a focused sharpness at the character and more blur around her. Plus i add the lettering from the new Banner and i also add the 3D effect on the lettering too. Nothing special... Hey you know i am too lazy to do anything those days!
    Same here. Nothing inherently wrong with being lazy if reusing old stuff can still result in good pieces. Also, hey, as long as it's not just simply cropping an already well-composed image and presenting it as your edit, what's the harm, right? If it looks great in the end, it's all cool, even if the creation process was a lazy man's work.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ignis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Awards:

Same here. Nothing inherently wrong with being lazy if reusing old stuff can still result in good pieces. Also, hey, as long as it's not just simply cropping an already well-composed image and presenting it as your edit, what's the harm, right? If it looks great in the end, it's all cool, even if the creation process was a lazy man's work.
    basically i couldn't do that. I re-found the 4 layes of images that i had used last year to make it. Because i need them first to make that fairy looking effect, also to mix the background sky and to re-mix again the clouds. I had the original PSD from the banner as guide but the original Banner didn't have the 3D Effect and the blurry / focused effect. So i re-made those things they are very tiny but i love them. But the pin-light layer of the fairy that was used to mix the clouds i couldn't remember from where i remove that area. Because i love to cut some elements from other wallpapers re-made / re-draw them and mix them with my own adjustments at the backgrounds that i am making.

I re-made some what the same way and the 52 banner of the ASF though in this one was way more easy because most of them were ready and only the need was some adjustments... and add some minor effects.

Anyway i have moved the family to a bigger house i have the one that we were lived all to my self and believe it feels so damn empty.

And i am so tired man, really tired! The new server come to the office with an one month later. A brand new machine we finished setup last week.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dark Angel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Awards:

basically i couldn't do that. I re-found the 4 layes of images that i had used last year to make it. Because i need them first to make that fairy looking effect, also to mix the background sky and to re-mix again the clouds. I had the original PSD from the banner as guide but the original Banner didn't have the 3D Effect and the blurry / focused effect. So i re-made those things they are very tiny but i love them. But the pin-light layer of the fairy that was used to mix the clouds i couldn't remember from where i remove that area. Because i love to cut some elements from other wallpapers re-made / re-draw them and mix them with my own adjustments at the backgrounds that i am making.

I re-made some what the same way and the 52 banner of the ASF though in this one was way more easy because most of them were ready and only the need was some adjustments... and add some minor effects.

Anyway i have moved the family to a bigger house i have the one that we were lived all to my self and believe it feels so damn empty.

And i am so tired man, really tired! The new server come to the office with an one month later. A brand new machine we finished setup last week.
    That doesn't sound lazy at all to me. Sure, you reused your old stuff, but you still adjusted and even remade the resources where you saw fit. Considering that signature art itself is largely about building on top of existing artwork pieces, what you did is pretty close to the SOP.

Lazy would be something like running an existing piece through a few filter passes and perhaps changing the render.

Congrats on moving to the new house, though. Never liked moving myself; the process is always hectic. Get yourself some well-deserved, nice, long sleep.
    Dark Angel and Evdokia like this.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ignis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Awards:

That doesn't sound lazy at all to me. Sure, you reused your old stuff, but you still adjusted and even remade the resources where you saw fit. Considering that signature art itself is largely about building on top of existing artwork pieces, what you did is pretty close to the SOP.

Lazy would be something like running an existing piece through a few filter passes and perhaps changing the render.

Congrats on moving to the new house, though. Never liked moving myself; the process is always hectic. Get yourself some well-deserved, nice, long sleep.
    I must think now a theme for July's SOTM #54 And i don't know how i will proceed. I mean i have some concepts. But also i was thinking not to do something related to summer and to have an element type even just like it will be the SOTM #53 (Water element) so something similar i want to do the SOTM #54 but with different element as theme... Any ideas?

Also a chibi themed SOTM #54 how does it sounds?

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dark Angel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first Group25000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    SOTM #37 WinnerSOTM #50 Winner

I must think now a theme for July's SOTM #54 And i don't know how i will proceed. I mean i have some concepts. But also i was thinking not to do something related to summer and to have an element type even just like it will be the SOTM #53 (Water element) so something similar i want to do the SOTM #54 but with different element as theme... Any ideas?

Also a chibi themed SOTM #54 how does it sounds?
    So the othere elements are Earth, Fire, Wind, a wind or fire would be nice to make...
    Ignore This Signature

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Evdokia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Evdokia View Post
    So the othere elements are Earth, Fire, Wind, a wind or fire would be nice to make...
    Well i have some thoughts but i believe fire should do the work? I don't know yet! Just many thoughts around here and there...

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dark Angel For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information