Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: SOTM#40 - May 2016

Thanks
    Thanked 1,931 Times in 980 Posts
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassOverdriveRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #2 ParticipantSOTM #1 WinnerWOW #3 ParticipantSOTM #40 WinnerSOTM #51 Winner

Re: SOTM#40 - May 2016

@nanashi1; @Dark Angel; Eh, I don't know. To be honest, that sounds... hard o.o Five renders provide enough alternatives to choose from, but if you're stuck with one and that one render is something someone else likes, I think that'll be too much of a challenge. I'm worried that a participant may end up not making an entry at all.

Also, what if multiple people send renders to one person, or if one or more participants get no renders from anyone? I guess it could be solved if DA listed who has and who hasn't received a render, but by doing that, I think we'd have to do away with the secret as it'd then be possible to guess who sent which render to whom.
    Dark Angel and nanashi1 like this.

Rules | XDCC tutorial | Site Support (not for download problems) | Signature Contest | IRC
    I do not take reupload requests. For ASL releases with dead links/torrents, please try XDCC.
      Spoiler: Stats 

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ignis For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 102,969 Times in 26,453 Posts
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Community AwardMost PopularSOTM #30 WinnerSOTM #31 WinnerSOTM #32 WinnerSOTM #33 WinnerSOTM #34 WinnerSOTM #23 WinnerSOTM #52 WinnerSOTM #54 WinnerSOTM #58 WinnerSOTM #61 WinnerSOTM #62 Winner

I believe it's better if we can keep the 5 renders challenge that we will represented to you rather having people sending me render to send again to others.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dark Angel For This Useful Post:

One of countless souls... nanashi1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,221 Times in 3,086 Posts
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupThree FriendsOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    SOTM #29 WinnerSOTM #54 WinnerSOTM #56 WinnerSOTM #59 WinnerSOTM #60 Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Ignis View Post
    @nanashi1; @Dark Angel; Eh, I don't know. To be honest, that sounds... hard o.o Five renders provide enough alternatives to choose from, but if you're stuck with one and that one render is something someone else likes, I think that'll be too much of a challenge. I'm worried that a participant may end up not making an entry at all.

Also, what if multiple people send renders to one person, or if one or more participants get no renders from anyone? I guess it could be solved if DA listed who has and who hasn't received a render, but by doing that, I think we'd have to do away with the secret as it'd then be possible to guess who sent which render to whom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Angel View Post
    I believe it's better if we can keep the 5 renders challenge that we will represented to you rather having people sending me render to send again to others.
    Well, in this case plan B of this idea: D'angel would a message/announcement a week ahead of the contest-start write, like so: "Who wanna in this SOTM join, then please send to me a render of you, due a new gameplay..." - The collected reders would then D'angel between the participants randomly share/give at the start of the new SOTM...
    Last edited by nanashi1; May 21st, 2016 at 06:51 PM.
    Ignore This Signature
      Spoiler: ASF's contest  
    [/CENTER]
    Notice: The following banners/notices are to their contests/threads linked, if you wanna to there join then click it!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nanashi1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,931 Times in 980 Posts
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassOverdriveRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #2 ParticipantSOTM #1 WinnerWOW #3 ParticipantSOTM #40 WinnerSOTM #51 Winner

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi1 View Post
    Well, in this case plan B of this idea: D'angel would a message/announcement a week ahead of the contest-start write, like so: "Who wanna in this SOTM join, then please send to me a render of you, due a new gameplay..." - The collected reders would then D'angel between the participants randomly share/give at the start of the new SOTM...
    Hmm, I suppose that takes care of the possibility of somebody getting more than one render OR not getting a render at all. It's still limiting, though. In your scenario, each participant gets one render to work with and they can only use that render. In Dark Angel's scenario, each participant has five to choose from. I still think more choices is better.

Besides, with your idea, a member who (for example) has just registered or found out about SOTM for the first time and willing to participate will have to wait for the next round to start because this member wasn't around when the current round commenced and thus couldn't send a render for DA to randomly assign to another participant. I'm all for allowing more participants; I'm against alienating any potential participant

Also, nice entry @|♚| KK |♚|; not sure if that's what you were going for, but it's a great depiction of duality!
    Dark Angel likes this.

Rules | XDCC tutorial | Site Support (not for download problems) | Signature Contest | IRC
    I do not take reupload requests. For ASL releases with dead links/torrents, please try XDCC.
      Spoiler: Stats 

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ignis For This Useful Post:

One of countless souls... nanashi1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,221 Times in 3,086 Posts
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupThree FriendsOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    SOTM #29 WinnerSOTM #54 WinnerSOTM #56 WinnerSOTM #59 WinnerSOTM #60 Winner

Well done K-can, I like the style very^_^!

Quote Originally Posted by Ignis View Post
    Hmm, I suppose that takes care of the possibility of somebody getting more than one render OR not getting a render at all. It's still limiting, though. In your scenario, each participant gets one render to work with and they can only use that render. In Dark Angel's scenario, each participant has five to choose from. I still think more choices is better.

Besides, with your idea, a member who (for example) has just registered or found out about SOTM for the first time and willing to participate will have to wait for the next round to start because this member wasn't around when the current round commenced and thus couldn't send a render for DA to randomly assign to another participant. I'm all for allowing more participants; I'm against alienating any potential participant
    Hmm... Well, we could then so make, where every candidate max. 3 renders sending would to D'angel for more choice possibilies... But okay, short said: The idea is buried already...
    Ignore This Signature
      Spoiler: ASF's contest  
    [/CENTER]
    Notice: The following banners/notices are to their contests/threads linked, if you wanna to there join then click it!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nanashi1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 102,969 Times in 26,453 Posts
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Community AwardMost PopularSOTM #30 WinnerSOTM #31 WinnerSOTM #32 WinnerSOTM #33 WinnerSOTM #34 WinnerSOTM #23 WinnerSOTM #52 WinnerSOTM #54 WinnerSOTM #58 WinnerSOTM #61 WinnerSOTM #62 Winner

The poll for the SOTM #40 is now open.

@nanashi1;
    @nihonbashi;
    @unownHGSS;
    @Ignis;
    @|♚| KK |♚|;

This Thread is Closed.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dark Angel For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information