[Discussions] SOTM#14 - September/October 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkylicious

♥ Banhammer Kiss Chief :3
Dec 24, 2010

We are now officially opening the forum's "SOTM#14 - September/October 2012 Discussion Thread".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------​

News Update in SOTM HALL OF FAME.

BE CREATIVE ON HOW YOU INTERPRET THE THEME. :3

Discussion Thread:
You may post your questions, inquiries and suggestions here.
You may also critique and comment with the artworks here.
(You may submit your artworks in the SOTM#14 entry section.^^)

Winner shall receive a trophy from the forum's award system. :]
(So yeah, you also have to get the bragging rights. :bepraised:)

:cheerleader:GOODLUCK TO THE CONTESTANTS.:cheerleader:

Last edited:
SOTM#14 Theme: Cook-Off!~
(Suggested by Decalcomania)

Note: You may suggest themes in advance.^-^
Also, you may suggest additional restrictions/exemptions if you want. :)
(All suggestions will be put together.~ The theme will be randomly picked and possibly mixed with other restrictions/exemptions.~)

SUGGESTIONS LIST:
New Suggestions SOTM#14:

~SnowAngel~
theme idea: laughing (awkward, evil, innocent, mistakes, happy, etc. :P)

juandholic:
how about u pick 1 anime character :3

Selvaria Bles:
create a sig that defines you with you saying anything :P

samyeung46:
make a siggy which defines a certain anime of their choice~ (assuming everyone would have a favorite anime... or game or manga or whatever and be able to make something from that)

Illusion:
special SOTM in the #15 = Like change the image size to 300x500 instead of 500x300.

Previous Suggestions SOTM#13:
DavRoc777:
"themes......I'm thinking the winner should submit a render/vector of a character they like and the participants should do what they want/wish with it."

Uninstall:
World Peace.

Illusion:
"Sunset" or "Falling leaves" to fit with autumn.

HappyPeppyJimmy: (Second by kaotiksoul)
"I would also suggest the next SOTM rule being that they can only use certain resources. e.g. A chosen render of Saeko Busujima that everyone must use."

unownHGSS: (Second by HappyPeppyJimmy)
"...something like (Girls and) Guns for the next theme :3?"

神摂理潮:
"How about two lovers meeting somewhere in the fall? It would be great to start off that with school~ It could be like an "Unmei" scene, or one that's "love at first" sight~ wtv makes you feel comfortable~"

Last edited:
Hmmm, new one already
Now loading ... 20% ... 50% ... 90% ... 100%
Nope, not gonna join this one. I'm not gonna do sign about the thing I hate (although I'm suppose to be good at it)

I think it would be easier and a little more inviting if the theme was just food. Cook off is a little.. confusing i guess. Like what is expected to be shown with this theme are we supposed to be showing the competition of a cook-off or someone just cooking. Gotta also take into account that the people that end up voting need to be able to understand the theme also so they know what to be looking for in the entries. Maybe add a description or sample signature of the theme in the future.

I know it says to be creative with interpreting the theme but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a theme in my opinion.

Ehm, to anyone can change the topic name: Please change SOTM #13 - September 2012 to SOTM #14

Another tricky theme...

Yep, freestyle could be nice too. An would also have been better if the voting system didn't just involved poll voting. Like, if the voters also gave an input or comment for why they voted that entry to eliminate justifications. Just saying though.

Hmm cook off? Maybe if everyone here made a food like siggy then itll sort of be a cook off between all of you ;p

Hmmm, new one already
Now loading ... 20% ... 50% ... 90% ... 100%
Nope, not gonna join this one. I'm not gonna do sign about the thing I hate (although I'm suppose to be good at it)

Whyyy? *is sad.~ I'm sure you can think of a way to make it connected to something that interests you. ;]

I think it would be easier and a little more inviting if the theme was just food. Cook off is a little.. confusing i guess. Like what is expected to be shown with this theme are we supposed to be showing the competition of a cook-off or someone just cooking. Gotta also take into account that the people that end up voting need to be able to understand the theme also so they know what to be looking for in the entries. Maybe add a description or sample signature of the theme in the future.

I know it says to be creative with interpreting the theme but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a theme in my opinion.

Oh. Food could be under cook-off. ;] As much as possible, we don't want contestants to be limited with the theme because not all themes are "liked" by a person... Which will result to a person not joining at all. Having an freestyle yet single theme allows you guys to be limit-free yet guided to certain degree.^^ Since not that much is at stake... yet, we want contestants to just enjoy doing the signatures. ;]

Freestyle would be nice. :\

It's still a freestyle dear.. But you just have to think of a way to connect it to the theme. ;]

Ehm, to anyone can change the topic name: Please change SOTM #13 - September 2012 to SOTM #14

I think someone has changed it already. xD Thanks for the heads up, Illusion~

Another tricky theme...

Yep, freestyle could be nice too. An would also have been better if the voting system didn't just involved poll voting. Like, if the voters also gave an input or comment for why they voted that entry to eliminate justifications. Just saying though.

I see. Will take note of that Ein.~

Hmm cook off? Maybe if everyone here made a food like siggy then itll sort of be a cook off between all of you ;p

Yes! That's also a nice interpretation.^^

cook off? hmm that'll be interesting to try and come up with something.

Alright! Hope to see your entry!^^

Whyyy? *is sad.~ I'm sure you can think of a way to make it connected to something that interests you. ;]

Not this time, hasta la vista, amigos

I think someone has changed it already. xD Thanks for the heads up, Illusion~

Actually, I don't think I have make myself clear, but I'm talking about the entry topic's name, not this topic's name :P

Last edited:
Not this time, hasta la vista, amigos
Actually, I don't think I have make myself clear, but I'm talking about the entry topic's name, not this topic's name :P

I was gonna wait for your interpretation of the theme.~ So, I hope you'll change your mind.~ Changed the entry topic's name.^^

EVERYONE: One new entry posted! Hmm.. Sizzling entry. ;]

Ah, yes. The theme is supposed to be anything that involves food/cooking. I apologize for any confusion.

I was gonna wait for your interpretation of the theme.~ So, I hope you'll change your mind.~ Changed the entry topic's name.^^

EVERYONE: One new entry posted! Hmm.. Sizzling entry. ;]

My interpretation? How about: if this train is going to the "cook" station, then I'll be the first to get "off"
Look like everyone is taking their time huh? Not like the previous where entries flies in like people coming into a sale-off

"suggestions themes"
hmm, how about u pick 1 anime character :3

I still think that general theme can be accepted, but a single character should be out-of-bound

suggestion theme, you create a sig that defines you with you saying anything :p

Hmm, a creative ideal. Maybe it'll be fun to see all kind of surprising entries people gonna throw at you. I'm in :D

Hmm a theme where they make a siggy which defines a certain anime of their choice~

Any theme that doesn't make me have to think to much. Themes that are overly complicated just turn people off and that would just get you less entries. I would say its best to stick to normal themes like, seasonal, art types (Blur, grunge, etc.), and ones that are self explanatory such freestyle. Some others would be themes based on genres.

Well for mine, i was assuming everyone would have a favorite anime... or game or manga or whatever and be able to make something from that... i also like to make people think ;p

Well for mine, i was assuming everyone would have a favorite anime... or game or manga or whatever and be able to make something from that... i also like to make people think ;p

I was referring mostly to selvaria's suggestion.

Oh oh oh, can we have a special SOTM in the #15? Like change the image size to 300x500 instead of 500x300. I think it's a good thing to refresh everyone's motivation once in a while :D

Ah, yes. The theme is supposed to be anything that involves food/cooking. I apologize for any confusion.

No worries. ;]

"suggestions themes"
hmm, how about u pick 1 anime character :3

Noted.~

suggestion theme, you create a sig that defines you with you saying anything :p

Noted.~

My interpretation? How about: if this train is going to the "cook" station, then I'll be the first to get "off
Look like everyone is taking their time huh? Not like the previous where entries flies in like people coming into a sale-off
I still think that general theme can be accepted, but a single character should be out-of-bound
Hmm, a creative ideal. Maybe it'll be fun to see all kind of surprising entries people gonna throw at you. I'm in :D

Your interpretation's actually acceptable. :P Looks like you have no reason not to join! Haha. ;) Hmmm, SOTM's sort of seasonal too. On the previous rounds, there were also generic/freestyle themes but took time to also be filled out.^^

Hmm a theme where they make a siggy which defines a certain anime of their choice~

Noted.~

Any theme that doesn't make me have to think to much. Themes that are overly complicated just turn people off and that would just get you less entries. I would say its best to stick to normal themes like, seasonal, art types (Blur, grunge, etc.), and ones that are self explanatory such freestyle. Some others would be themes based on genres.

Thanks for your comment.^^ The difficulty of the theme varies from easy to complicated,assigned randomly because we wanna see the capabilities of the participants and also because SOTM will have more perks in the future. ;)

Noted.~

Oh oh oh, can we have a special SOTM in the #15? Like change the image size to 300x500 instead of 500x300. I think it's a good thing to refresh everyone's motivation once in a while :D

Have been considering that.^^ But if ever, I think the graphics that will be submitted will not be allowed to be officially used in the forums.~ Size of siggy's at the forum should be well-observed. ;) Actually, contestants can always make siggy's smaller than 500x300. ;]

TO EVERYONE: Still only one official entry at the moment! Hope to see everyone's entry soon!^^

Last edited:
Actually, there're very few people who use their entry as their signature, so we can just create them like usual, you know :)

Vertical sigs are pretty fun to make actually, changes the way you present the sig completely. As for this months contest between GW2, my laziness, and lack of useful images relating to the theme i might not enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.