Not a Bug Tabs not parsing properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

pichu655889

Incompetent Teitoku
Elite Member
Sep 13, 2013
Hello, I was just editing my Japanese Grammar thread here when I found that tabs do not parse properly unless saving an edit in Advanced mode. I have to save from the Advanced Editor in order for tabs to actually show up after saving; it doesn't work if I save from the Quick Editor (or whatever that editing mode is called, the one that pops up under a post in a thread after clicking on Edit Post) even when the BBCode is correct.

Minor issue, easily avoided but just thought I'd report it.

It has something to do with AJAX (that's the thingamajig making the quick edit feature possible). When you edit a post through quick edit, it doesn't re-parse the contents properly when you're done unless the page is reloaded. The 'problem' isn't dependent on whether you use quick edit or advanced mode. It's that the former doesn't reload elements in your post (except for basic elements such as images and text formatting) after you finish editing while the latter takes you to another page and then back to where you were.

It's not unique to tabs; some other custom BBcodes such as [tooltip] will also misbehave like that. You can still use quick edit without 'breaking' custom BBcode formatting, and you don't have to reload the page yourself to 'fix' it. If you quick-edit your post, leave it without reloading the page, and the page is viewed by someone else, it should still look normal to her. Quick edit would only make it look temporarily 'broken' on your end.

TL;DR: short of using advanced mode, you can simply reload the page after using quick edit to see your changes.

Upvote 0
No problem and you're welcome. Feel free to alert us to anything you suspect might be a bug on the site.

Thread closed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread