Not a Bug Search Engine skips some of the Forum Sections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anayomex

唯一の存在です
Elite Member
Nov 16, 2013
As a title says, The Engine probably skips one or more Forum Sections to make a query for.

In particular it seems that it doesn't search inside Forum Games Section, so for example if you go to the User profile --> Find latest started threads there won't be listed any threads made under Games Section even if member did make a thread there.

The same result is if you try Advanced Search and you select Find threads started by user, it won't find any threads made under Games Section.

Note: there may be other Sections as well.

Reactions: DesertLotus
That's strange though since it worked last year or I mean you could definitely see all created threads by arbitrary member even if they are from spam section or games section. What it's strange now is that you can see threads made under spam section but not games section. Beside that searching inside spam section has worked last year and it still works. Just saying.

Upvote 0
Disabling posts from a certain section to appear in search results only affects posts that are made after the configuration change. Posts that had been made before the forum was disabled in search indexing aren't affected. In other words, if posts in the spam section were configured not to appear in search results on 30 April 2011 at 14:16 GMT, posts made on that day at 14:15:59 and anytime earlier would still appear in search results. Only posts made at 14:16:01 on that day and anytime later wouldn't appear.

I don't remember exactly how we accomplished a procedure that happened more than four years ago, but some things have happened since. For example, later in the same year, the Forum Games section was created as an offspring of spam. This section is what we actually intended to be excluded from search. We're fine with leaving the spam section indexable by search for now, as it consists of threads like LPW and others that may constitute conversations people may want to be able to search for at a later date.

Finally, a few months back, we implemented a new search system. This caused the existing search index to be rebuilt, which should've purged from search results posts from sections that aren't supposed to be indexed. This is the likely cause that you can no longer see in search results what last year you could.

Upvote 0
Thanky you for the answer, yes LPW is indexed that's why it bothered me.

If I may use thread for another thing:

Another minor bug, being bothering me for awhile now. A members who got approximately in the past year registered Achievement
calendar_newred_32.png
or if it was extended in this time frame then Achievement may not be shown
below Overall activity progress bar, as you can see I don't have 1 year registered Achievement
calendar_newred_16.png

<---------- (look left)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You mean that there's limit for only 6 Achievements? I see, thanks.

You can close thread.

Upvote 0
Six achievements shown. The postbit area (the area left to your posts with your username, user title, avatar, post count, etc) can only show a total of six achievements. There's no limit to how many achievements you can get.

If your enquiry has been satisfactorily addressed, I shall close the thread. Let us know if you still have some questions and would like it reopened.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks
Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?