Implemented add more icons and features to the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

egozi44

Animes lover!
Elite Member
Jun 13, 2012
i saw some sites that have some features that this site lack, i want to suggest some of them which i think that will help the community here to express themselves better, and will be fun to have =P

first suggestion:
to add anime's figures faces icons to the "Post Icons", when user open therad or post he can add his favorite anime's figure face to the post.

example can be found here:

second suggestion: add a gifts given feature, it will let people give "gifts" (which you can decide what they be But i mostly meant to something like some icon of chocolate for example and not something serious (like real gifts lolz))
again this feature can be found in nihonomaru.

it not must feature but you guys must to agree that it nice one : P

i got this idea when i saw how users like [MENTION=18465]renano[/MENTION] loves to add snack's pic
(example http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/members/egozi44-28243/ )

to user's Visitor Messages, so why don't give us a feature to give each other "real" snacks? ;D

third suggestion: to add more animes icons.

people can express themselves with different icons, and with Even more icons people will have more express options ,again i took this "idea" mostly from nihonomaru's site However not only from it! most sites these days especially animes site (and even fansubs groups sites) have alot of anime relate icons, and even GIFs from different animes. you guys have alot of icons which its great, but if you could add some more it be nice ;D

(nihonomaru and Kira can be good place to take inspiration from~ )

ofc you don't must to "steal" their icons and features , you can make your own which can make the site more unique~

Last edited:
Reactions: renano
We're now discussing this internally and will let you know our decision once we reached it. If anyone wants to add something to this thread, he/she should feel free to do so.

Upvote 0
I'm second with [MENTION=28243]egozi44[/MENTION]'s 3rd suggestion.
I always found myself don't have icon that suit me feeling.
Can we add Ragnarok Online's emoticon as well?

While I'm at it, can we add "Spoiler" icon on the Quick Reply menu.
It's time consuming, for me at least, to go to Advance just so I could use Spoiler.
And how often do people using the H, T, P & S features? I can see them in the Quick Reply menu, so why not add Spoiler too?

Last edited:
Reactions: egozi44
Upvote 0
With the current layout... it is simple and easy to navigate.

Gifs or icons to spruce up 'appeal' or aesthetic wise is pretty nifty.

Some sites allow new users to pick a pre-made avatar or icon... If there are people who are unable to make it themselves, to find, or to ask someone to make one... Perhaps that could be incorporated. Maybe they'll like the pre-made ones more~

Upvote 0
Yay for more icons xD Lol i wonder how custom made ones would turn out?~

Gifts... hmm i suppose thats a decent idea...

Reactions: egozi44
Upvote 0
They do have 'gifts' for certain sites.

I remember I first saw that when I used LiveJournal some long ago.

Give it to people you like or deserve it.

Upvote 0
Maybe after a certain number of likes or thanks the user can select a gift to give... or maybe not.

Upvote 0
I'd like to give some reports regarding our plan.

We plan to have atleast 2 skins, one usable and one for showcasing.

Showcasing Skins are:

- Looks good to the eyes, sacrifice usable area for beautiful showcase graphic
- Attractive.
- Uses more bandwidth or processing power of the server but the difference for visitor is negligible to all but very old PC (older than 10 years), it works fairly well with all modern mobile device.
- Fixed Layout

Usable Skins are:

- Utilize all monitor space for more text -> more usable area
- Less attractive
- Use less bandwidth or processing power but the difference for visitors is negligible to all but very old PC (older than 10 years), it works fairly well with all modern mobile device.
- Fluid layout

Provided if we have some manpower to make the third skins call simplicity:

- Has little graphic, all css.
- Consume little to no bandwidth. But requires a modern browsers and a modern PC for rendering and optimal experience. Might not work well with all but modern mobile device
- Fluid layout

No ETA what-so-ever but this has been on the paper for six months.

Upvote 0
Maybe after a certain number of likes or thanks the user can select a gift to give... or maybe not.
I like that idea. The only thing that would concern me is that we'll might have people spam Thank and Like just to get the gifts.

Upvote 0
Hmm i dont think people will spam thanks and likes xD Dont really spam it all that much as it is and would the gifts really rouse that much desire?

Upvote 0
I'd like to give some reports regarding our plan.

We plan to have atleast 2 skins, one usable and one for showcasing.

Showcasing Skins are:

- Looks good to the eyes, sacrifice usable area for beautiful showcase graphic
- Attractive.
- Uses more bandwidth or processing power of the server but the difference for visitor is negligible to all but very old PC (older than 10 years), it works fairly well with all modern mobile device.
- Fixed Layout

Usable Skins are:

- Utilize all monitor space for more text -> more usable area
- Less attractive
- Use less bandwidth or processing power but the difference for visitors is negligible to all but very old PC (older than 10 years), it works fairly well with all modern mobile device.
- Fluid layout

Provided if we have some manpower to make the third skins call simplicity:

- Has little graphic, all css.
- Consume little to no bandwidth. But requires a modern browsers and a modern PC for rendering and optimal experience. Might not work well with all but modern mobile device
- Fluid layout

No ETA what-so-ever but this has been on the paper for six months.

:hapgirl: The mobile version please, and would Anime-sharing be interested in enlisting for tapatalk?
http://www.tapatalk.com/
It's a forum application for android devices... I'd love it if you'd integrate it and it's quite easy to set-up
http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anime-Sharing already uses Tapatalk, I use Tapatalk to go on Anime-Sharing a lot (○・▽・○)

I don't think I can live without it now (*´∀`)

Upvote 0
We're now discussing this internally and will let you know our decision once we reached it. If anyone wants to add something to this thread, he/she should feel free to do so.

thanks =D

and sorry for replying just now, had alot of stuff to do and was away from the pc for almost a day~

"i'm not dead yet, but people are keep trying to kill me at BF3 for some reason..."

Upvote 0
If you go on Tapatalk→add account→search "Anime Sharing", you'll find it (^u^)

9167f6e9-a97e-1306.jpg

9167f6e9-a9a4-77ef.jpg

Verstuurd via Tapatalk

Reactions: Sakimichi
Upvote 0
If you go on Tapatalk→add account→search "Anime Sharing", you'll find it (^u^)

9167f6e9-a97e-1306.jpg

9167f6e9-a9a4-77ef.jpg

Verstuurd via Tapatalk

Thanks i searched at the categories section thats why it didnt appear . :(

Sent from my GT-S6500D using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
So...
- new skins,
- a revamped system for shinies (gifts, awards, medals...),
- new thread icons, and
- premade avatars for users to choose from.

Seems like I'll have to stop being lazy and get around to working on them. ( ゚^゚)

Upvote 0
Plus a built-in signature generator

It's not impossible but it's a lot of work, so we might have to ask for help and contribution from the public

Upvote 0
I think there's plenty of features here, I noticed that when I first registered. I really enjoy it, it encourages people to be active posters.

Upvote 0
So...
- new skins,
- a revamped system for shinies (gifts, awards, medals...),
- new thread icons, and
- premade avatars for users to choose from.

Seems like I'll have to stop being lazy and get around to working on them. ( ゚^゚)

well... you don't must to....
we all just suggested stuff :goodtea:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。