Fixed Site acting strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

egozi44

Animes lover!
Elite Member
Jun 13, 2012
Hi there

for weeks i keep hearing from different people here that ASF act weird for them,

the known issues so far are, random 502 bad getway errors, site randomly slow down, site shows you two lines of the same sentences when you edit, and start from 2 days ago the site only shows for me 12 hours clock.

I personally never had the 502 bad getway errors and rarely have the sudden slow down thing (though i do had it here and there) , i mostly concern about the 12 hours clock and the two lines while edit issues, though the other two issues are much more serious xD

from what it seem ASF have some issues, and from what i heard (and tested) most of them happening in IE9 and FF (not sure about chrome)

can you please look into it?

I have none of these issues. I run Mozilla and IE (I'm a hater).

The only problem that I'm aware of is the editing sentences function. For me it's just the forum that auto saved my text and when I went to type something it restored and pasted the saved text. Just a simple "hit edit button again and erase".

Reactions: egozi44
Upvote 0
AS uses a caching technology to prevent it from being hacked while enable AS to spreaded its site among many servers located indifferent region of the world. Users will be connected to the nearest server depending on their geography location.

This does have a draw back, if an user is having a problem, it will be harder to tell why because it has a lot of factors.

The 502 bad gateway usually means one of the caching server is being overloaded or it cannot reach the master server (which update and distribute the cache version of the site)

Keep it in mind that we have staff and admin spreading out in all over the world (including north america, Europe, Southeast Asia) as well, so if the sites behaving strange, we would be able to tell and fix it. However, if none of our staff is having the problem, then we cannot fix it unless we can reproduce it.

To be able to reproduce it, we need a lot of input from users in order to determine if the problem is in our site (coding, site bugs, etc...), our master server (connection problem, server overload), our database server (corruption database, locked memories), our frontend firewall (that filter spammer, bad crawling bots, or hacking threats as well as DDOS attempt) and finally, the caching servers (which is placed all over the world)

If you wish to report an error, we gonna need a lot more details, depending on the problem you're reporting. For this type of problem, please include an exact description of the problem and screen shot since it's very vague about "12 hours clock" and "two lines while edit issues"

Reactions: egozi44
Upvote 0
Filters spammer... :dead:

Hmm 12 hour clock? Did you want it to be military time or something? or is it just showing 12 all day...

Slowing down... ill never be sure if my slowing down was due to the site or my laptop being too hot...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got no issues and i use Chrome and never expierienced an issue....

Upvote 0
As Checkmate mentioned, it's best to post a screenshot or a more descriptive detail of your problem.

I haven't been on ASF for a long while, so I am unable to determine if your problem occurs for me as well.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply

(Sam! you had the 502 bad gateway more then anyone else :enraged: yet you don't mentioned it here... Traitor D: )

i add a pic that showed the "two lines while edit issues"

i just pressed on the edit button and don't write anything new, you be able to see that some words were doubled.

ftyfty.png

(i had some issue while i tried upload it with the "Manage Attachments" btw...)

and as for the 12 hours clock.. i meant that instead of seeing 24 hours clock the site start to show me 12 hours one, it start for me something like 3-4 days ago~.. i don't was able to find anything on my profile settings to change it back to 24 clock~

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  1. Users from a limited area in Asia saw the 502 errors due to a misconfiguration on the CDNs side. They have fixed the error and the 502 problems went away. Unless you saw it popping up in the last week, it's not an issue.
  2. If I had to wager a guess, I'd say your connection is unstable and you accidentally get some information parsed twice. It certainly is a weird error and we'll look into it some more, though the inability of us to reproduce it will be a hindrance.
  3. The time display is governed by a global setting. I'm not sure if we used military time before, but I doubt it.

Upvote 0
But i dont live in asia o.o... I didnt say anything about the 502 error cuz check sort of explained what it was about...

Hmm there was a day (cant remember when...) where the site worked for about 5 min and then refused to connect for x amount of time (could be hours or i just missed the times when it worked again) before working and dying again repeatedly. It had worked fine for most of the day up till that point. Not sure what error it gave me but i just forgot about the problems when the site started working without problems the next day... Heard at least two other members talk about problems too although im not sure if it was the same as mine...

Upvote 0
(i had some issue while i tried upload it with the "Manage Attachments" btw...)

Forum Attachments will be soon disabled

"two lines while edit issues"

As corocoro said, it might be an error while transferring the data to your browser. Were your internet overloaded (were you or anyone else downloading/uploading anything) while editing the thread? How many seconds does it take to see that window when you click the Edit button?

Upvote 0
I sometimes having problem after edit my post, where when I click on 'post' after edit it, it didn't go to the thread but stay in the edit page, thou I could see my post under it(along with others' posts.)
FYI, I'm using Mozilla, and usually during that time I DL files using torrents(the only time I turn off torrent is when I play online).

Clock issue, 502 or site slowing down, I haven't experience yet. And hopefully never ever.

Upvote 0
Forum Attachments will be soon disabled

As corocoro said, it might be an error while transferring the data to your browser. Were your internet overloaded (were you or anyone else downloading/uploading anything) while editing the thread? How many seconds does it take to see that window when you click the Edit button?

Sorry for reply so late

i don't downloaded or uploaded anything around that time, the load time was fast and took around 1-2 secs as usual

i bet it just because i mostly use IE9~

P.S why you going to disable the Attachments soon? is it was so bad/buggy/etc? xD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[MENTION=28243]egozi44[/MENTION]

It might be IE9 bug, I have never tested the site on IE9.

It costs a ridiculous amount of $$$ to keep the attachment system, it also causes alot of performance problems and a waste of resources to maintain. We would rather having a third party system where people can upload things they want, but restrict them to be able to only post them on AS.

Upvote 0
[MENTION=28243]egozi44[/MENTION]

It might be IE9 bug, I have never tested the site on IE9.

It costs a ridiculous amount of $$$ to keep the attachment system, it also causes alot of performance problems and a waste of resources to maintain. We would rather having a third party system where people can upload things they want, but restrict them to be able to only post them on AS.

I see

thanks for inform me mate =]

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Khroad Law Professional Corporation is a multi-service law firm located in Brampton. We provide legal services in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Immigration Law, Corporate Law, Wills & Estate, and Civil Litigation.
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092