Fixed Search common or too short

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senshi

Trusted Member
Jul 2, 2012
The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search:
カスタムレイド4

Why is this too long, or too short, or very common?

Thanks

We strongly discourage using google to search content for our site as Google often delist the many posts.

I'm currently investigating the problem.

Upvote 0
We strongly discourage using google to search content for our site as Google often delist the many posts.

I'm currently investigating the problem.
Well instead of making a thread and waiting for a response and a fix for many hours i just showed a quick way to atleast try ;_;

Upvote 0
Yeah, don't worry about it, I'm not blaming you, rather, a notice of search discrepancy may cause if google were used.

Can you try again to see if the search is fixed for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If i search for カスタムレイド, i get 2 results, but カスタムレイド4 returns about 44. The latter result seems correct, not sure why the former is so much less. But at least it returns something now.

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think this is because the search index treat "カスタムレイド4" as a single word instead of breaking it down into multiple characters.

Upvote 0
so instead of making a new thread i'll post my problem here because it concern search option
i always get problem searching for game with long title like

"強引にされると嬉しくて初めてでもよく喘いじゃう令嬢な幼馴染 優衣 「やめて、脚に触らないで……でも本当は気持ちいいの」"
i get "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search"

but if i take a part of the title ,i'll get "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."
any explanation

Upvote 0
Thank you for your report, I'll be investigating the problem and provide fixes and explanation.

Upvote 0
One way is to divide your title and to look only for a partial match (you must then add *):

Instead of searching whole title 強引にされると嬉しくて初めてでもよく喘いじゃう令嬢な幼馴染 優衣 「やめて、脚に触らないで……でも本当は気持ちいいの」

You divide it, for example:

Code:
強引にされると嬉しくて初めてでもよく喘いじゃう令嬢な幼馴染*
or
Code:
*強引にされると嬉しくて初めてでもよく喘いじゃう令嬢な幼馴染
or
Code:
でも本当は気持ちいいの*
or
Code:
*でも本当は気持ちいいの
or
Code:
やめて、脚に触らないで*

All of them have the same result however it seems that if you take for separator non-ASCII character then it may not work but it should thought (in some cases either way won't work - taking a number for separator may not work):sigh:

all the following have zero result:
Code:
*強引にされると嬉しくて
Code:
強引にされると嬉しくて*
Code:
強引にされると嬉しくて初めてでもよ*
etc.

Your best bet is if you take for seperator space or ~ or . maybe also 「 」 etc.

Anyway they really should make search more intelligent so system automatically start looking for partial query if normal query is too long and it doesn't find any result or something.....

Upvote 0
Your best bet is if you take for seperator space or ~ or . maybe also 「 」 etc.
i already knew about this one but not the *
when searching game with long title i needed either to search brand name and date released (which was a pain with all the results) or with google

Upvote 0
Well, I have recently switched the forum default search system into Sphinx (a few days ago). It will take a bit of time for me to tweak it to return more accurate result.

Sphinx is much faster and much more powerful, so hang in there.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I had to shop for foods and supplies next week orz (living all alone by myself is full of hardship). So here goes:

I've updated the sphinx search server algorithm and reindexed. I've checked and it looks like it has improved quite a lot. It's still not perfect yet, so I'm looking to see what I can do to make it even better.

Edit: Add some experimental algorithm.

There's one problem still: The search server does not understand if the the Japanese name contain a Latin word without a space. It will treat it the whole word as Latin. The very example is the phrase: カスタムレイド4 < The search server see this as Latin word, which mean, it indexes as a single word: [hl-berry]カスタムレイド4[/hl-berry] instead of breaking it down into several pieces according to my algorithm: [hl-blue]カス[/hl-blue][hl-gray]タム[/hl-gray][hl-green]レイ[/hl-green][hl-yellow]ド4[/hl-yellow]. However if there's a space between it, let's say [hl-blue]カス[/hl-blue][hl-gray]タム[/hl-gray][hl-green]レイ[/hl-green][hl-yellow]ド[/hl-yellow] [hl-berry]4[/hl-berry], then the search server will index it correctly.

Tested on all Anayomex search suggestion, including the full, lengthy title: the search server return positive result.

Please test it on your side and let me know if there's any problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok, tested with "強引にされると嬉しくて初めてでもよく喘いじゃう令嬢な幼馴染 優衣 「やめて、脚に触らないで……でも本当は気持ちいいの」"and part of game title i,m getting the results
but its mixed with lots of another threads from girlcelly.

tested with 彼女のお母さんは好きですか?~クールな人妻社長を籠絡せよ!~ full title name and partly,but only getting lot of gircelly's thread and only one thread for this game that also from gircelly

Upvote 0
tested with 彼女のお母さんは好きですか?~クールな人妻社長を籠絡せよ!~ full title name and partly,but only getting lot of gircelly's thread and only one thread for this game that also from gircelly

People had been using the alias instead: カノジョのお母さんは好きですか?~クールな人妻社長を籠絡せよ!~ if you use it, you get the right data

It also tends to display girlcelly thread which seems to be non related but there's reason: because he often include a list of game in his post at the end, which effect search result. I wonder if I should force it to search title only by default.

That said, if you do it with thread title only, the result will be better.

I'd say the search engine is still doing its job perfect at this time.

Edit: I've made the following changes to the search server:
1. Increase the weight for thread title. Now the search system will add more weight (used for ranking the result) to the thread title than the thread content.
2. Quick Search now return result based on the relevancy (according to the weighted result) rather than by last activity.

Change to the core system may take it up to 2 hours for it to be applied.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, it seems ok, but there's one bug now(maybe it was before too?): number of Results is not calculated properly, for example if you search
Code:
ルな人妻社長を籠絡せよ!
you get Results 1 to 25 of 160 but when you click second page it's changed into Results 26 to 50 of 65 which means if you immediately click on fourth page you get Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. which indicates that numer of results is 65 .... So on first page it should display Results 1 to 25 of 65

About titles, there are threads where title doesn't indicate content (contents for whole month for example) which may not be issue.

So if you eliminate above bug it seems that is accurate enough even if you don't search only titles because number of results on first page is wrong.

Upvote 0
I only see 65 search result, where did you see Result 1 to 25 of 160?

Edit: nvm, I just see it now. Hmm, I don't really know what cause this...

Upvote 0
i took the title "彼女のお母さんは好きですか?~クールな人妻社長を籠絡せよ!" from vndb
they place the official title as alias and put this in place of "カノジョのお母さんは好きですか?~クールな人妻社長を籠絡せよ!~ "
so its my error

i'm also getting the error that Anayomex is talking search with "フェロモン巨根で逆襲!屈服から牝熟女種付けハーレムへ"

getting 103 results but when i go to page 2 its only 51, remind me of google search,they also have this bug

Upvote 0
I have no idea how to fix this bug, I'll leave that alone for now >_>

Anyhow, search relevancy is in effect, you should see search prioritizing result based on weighted rank rather than other factors (by default).

Upvote 0
I have no idea how to fix this bug, I'll leave that alone for now >_>

Anyhow, search relevancy is in effect, you should see search prioritizing result based on weighted rank rather than other factors (by default).

no problem even google hasn't fix this bug for years

Upvote 0
I looked at other forums which are also using vBulletin and it seems they have the same issue but it seems it only happens first time, when you search again with the same query the number of results is correct on first page however you must go through all pages first time until you find the last page otherwise not........

Anyway it may be some kind of optimization in vBulletin ..... so that's not actually your bug.

Upvote 0
I'll leave this thread open for a couple more days to see if any report come up.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。