Fixed Profile Avatars Not Visible, Access Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arylin

~Sanguine♥Tsundere~
Elite Member
Nov 3, 2011
I noticed after uploading my profile avatar recently that I wasn't able to view it on my profile. Trying to upload it again saw a placeholder frame appear for a moment on the upload page before disappearing. I attempted to view the image directly and got this instead:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/customprofilepics/profilepic9628_17.gif on this server."

Jezebel said today at the Spammer Unity that she couldn't see her avatar either. I checked the profiles of several people on my friends list and found that quite a number had no visible avatars at all; all that was there was a small white box, and when I attempted to view their avatars I was similarly denied access. Some, like kactaplb and samyeung46 still had their avatars, and these remained accessible. The admins' avatars also seemed affected: Ignis' wasn't viewable, while corocoro's was.

I've cleared my cache and logged out several times on both my desktop and laptop, but this hasn't fixed the issue. The profiles have been checked using both Firefox and IE. I'm not sure if this is widespread or limited to me personally given that nobody seems to have raised the issue before this, but hopefully someone can take a look into it and confirm if this is a problem from the site's end.

I can verify this, with Chrome as the browser used. Avatars still show up fine in threads and I have only noticed them unloadable when viewing a user's profile page.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha