Fixed Phantom Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leggy

Veteran Member
Elite Member
Oct 17, 2012
This has been happening for a while now. It often happens when I go to some thread, any thread, or in my Subscriptions, or even the main page... anywhere the black ad shows up.

Here's a screenshot of the black ad.

Anyway, I get snippets of the audio from some advertisement, 5-15 seconds long. The sound clips are usually from different ads. No video ad, not the entire audio from the ad, just snippets.

It usually doesn't start right away, it can take several seconds to a minute after the page loads.

It even drowns out embedded YouTube vids.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Do you not using Ads block Leg...>_>???

Edit: Because I don't having any problem with ASF, like you having.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello Leggy,if you're using chrome or opera browser I would advice you to add an ad-blocker.But well if you have trouble with that stuff like me > I have my own software that I use its 'Baidu Antivirus',If you install it to your PC it will be automatically on your browser > baidu ad-block.

Upvote 0
I think you should clear your browser cache. It's smart ads so it will read your browser history and show ads to the site that you recently visit. 1 more thing is maybe that ads is targeted to your country so if clear cache doesn't help, try using VPN.
I'm again using ad block because the site need support from advertising for servers billing. Viewing ads is a way to support your lovely site. :)

Upvote 0
We're looking into this, but due to real life commitments it may take a while. :(

Do you know when those sounds started?

Reactions: Leggy
Upvote 0
I started noticing a week or so ago.

I don't use ad blockers, but I do clear my cache periodically.

Upvote 0
Yes it is. I still get the black ad and the sound clips from some unknown ad.

It's a nuisance, but doesn't actively interfere with being on the forum, except when it plays over embedded videos.

Upvote 0
I have been actively scanning for such video ads but it seems non existent on my end.

There could be a custom insertion (from a rouge plugins or software) that does this to you.

Reactions: Leggy
Upvote 0
adwcleaner did find some stuff in my browser, and removed it.

My normal protection is Norton and CCleaner.

Now, I'll see how things work for a while.

Upvote 0
I sincerely apologize for this double post. It's been four days since the last post, and I don't know any other way to indicate new posts in a thread.

An update. I still sometimes see the black ad, but I've only heard two sound bites in the last four days, and those only a couple of seconds long.

It may not be perfect, but it's a vast improvement over the original problem.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Khroad Law Professional Corporation is a multi-service law firm located in Brampton. We provide legal services in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Immigration Law, Corporate Law, Wills & Estate, and Civil Litigation.
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.