Fixed Can't Change Avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leggy

Veteran Member
Elite Member
Oct 17, 2012
I decided to change my avatar. The pic is a jpg, 185x200, 13.7 kb, saved on my computer.

When I try to save changes, it says it can't save the image.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it some bug?

This is the image I wanted to use:

Can you help?

I decided to change my avatar. The pic is a jpg, 185x200, 13.7 kb, saved on my computer.

When I try to save changes, it says it can't save the image.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it some bug?

This is the image I wanted to use:

Can you help?

Hmm... You did tried from your PC to upload? If I did right understood. If yeah, then I'd you recommend to a valid image-host upload (like picload.org), and then try...

Upvote 0
Hmm... You did tried from your PC to upload? If I did right understood. If yeah, then I'd you recommend to a valid image-host upload (like picload.org), and then try...

I've changed my avatar several times over the years, always the same way, and never had a problem before.

I wonder if it's the pic itself. I'll check it out.,

Edit: Nope, just tried saving an older avatar that I had successfully used before, but it didn't save either.

Upvote 0
I've changed my avatar several times over the years, always the same way, and never had a problem before.

I wonder if it's the pic itself. I'll check it out.,

Edit: Nope, just tried saving an older avatar that I had successfully used before, but it didn't save either.

Hmm... I see. But did you maybe your image folder in/on ASF checked? Maybe is it full, where then because of it doesn't allow it.

Upvote 0
Hmm. This is weird.

Thanks for alerting us to this problem. We'll take a closer look.

Reactions: Leggy
Upvote 0
Hmm... I see. But did you maybe your image folder in/on ASF checked? Maybe is it full, where then because of it doesn't allow it.

Image folder? Never heard of that. I have no extra folders created. I do have one attachment from a few years ago.

Upvote 0
Image folder? Never heard of that. I have no extra folders created. I do have one attachment from a few years ago.

Eheee... Well, because on ASF does give a folder: where every member a folder has (well so far I remember only about 10 MB big), where any kind of files there upload can (pics, paches, short vids etc.).

But could you please properly describe the steps, how you're it make, hmm?

Upvote 0
Eheee... Well, because on ASF does give a folder: where every member a folder has (well so far I remember only about 10 MB big), where any kind of files there upload can (pics, paches, short vids etc.).

But could you please properly describe the steps, how you're it make, hmm?

Go to Settings/Edit Avatar

Under Custom Avatar, I use Option 2 - Upload image from your computer.
Choose my image.
Select Save Changes.

I then get
vBulletin Message:
Unable to save image.

Then, I gnash my teeth and cry. :(

Upvote 0
I tried using a duplication of my current avatar and it still gave the same error, so I think the problem isn't with your image.

Trying to upload a gif file though gives a different error message "This PNG image has the incorrect file extension".

By the way, I recall we had a similar problem before?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Since AS is too big to fit into a single server, I had to put us on a cluster of 6 bare-metal servers, each house powerful CPU, plenty of rams and SSDs. To have those server synced its data across each other. I have setup a block-storage distributed high availability file system.

For the past 4 years, the system run without any headache. However, something triggered the distributed storage file system into Fail-Safe and put it in READ-ONLY mode, preventing the forum software to update your avatars. This usually indicate a sync check mismatch across the distributed block storage.

I've taken the opportunity to manually scan all the data block across all servers to fix the sync check, and then perform a general server maintenance while I'm at it.

Everything should be back normal now.

Reactions: Leggy and velka
Upvote 0
Very well done Checky^_^!

Go to Settings/Edit Avatar

Under Custom Avatar, I use Option 2 - Upload image from your computer.
Choose my image.
Select Save Changes.

I then get
vBulletin Message:
Unable to save image.

Then, I gnash my teeth and cry. :(

It seems that Checky did fixed, you should it then again try...^_^

Upvote 0
Since AS is too big to fit into a single server, I had to put us on a cluster of 6 bare-metal servers, each house powerful CPU, plenty of rams and SSDs. To have those server synced its data across each other. I have setup a block-storage distributed high availability file system.

For the past 4 years, the system run without any headache. However, something triggered the distributed storage file system into Fail-Safe and put it in READ-ONLY mode, preventing the forum software to update your avatars. This usually indicate a sync check mismatch across the distributed block storage.

I've taken the opportunity to manually scan all the data block across all servers to fix the sync check, and then perform a general server maintenance while I'm at it.

Everything should be back normal now.

To think that such a seemingly simple problem could have so much to it.

Yep, everything's back to normal.

Thanks Checky! :akazukin_ok:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks