Fixed Can this a bug be...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanashi1

One of countless souls...
Elite Member
Jul 5, 2012
Well, what I saying wanna, is that since days not really right shows the tagging and the video setting of YouTube at ASF.

Video: I use the video BBcode right, but nevertheless shows only the link of YouTube

e.g.

Tagging: Matter whom I tagging, it shows broken...

e.g. @<b><u><a href="http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/member.php?u=2" target="_blank">Ignis</a></u></b>;

Last edited:
It seems youtube changed something, I'll investigate.

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION];

Mention works normally for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: nanashi1
Upvote 0
Mention works normally for me.
Hmm, let me test that, maybe is this just temporary:

Test: [MENTION=3]Checkmate[/MENTION];

Result: The tagging seems again right work, but I'll later some time still testing, if really just temporary is.

Upvote 0
The [MEDIA=youtube]xCjMABqWdEM[/MEDIA][/code]
you should instead type
Code:
[PLAIN][MEDIA=youtube]xCjMABqWdEM[/MEDIA][/PLAIN]

As for the supposed problem with mentions, I think I've seen it in one of your birthday threads wherein you mentioned a large amount of people in one post. I assume you didn't retype all those mentions every single time but copied them from an older thread whenever you made a new one. Certain BBcodes morph after you submit a post (or an edit to a post). To pick an example that relates to the other question: the [MEDIA=youtube]xCjMABqWdEM[/MEDIA][/code]
into
Code:
[B][COLOR="#F37934"][MEDIA=youtube]xCjMABqWdEM[/MEDIA][/noparse]
provided the video is successfully embedded. You can see this by editing a post with an embed after you've submitted the post. Similarly, mention morphs the clickable username into a set of parsing BBcode once the post is submitted. Upon consecutive editing of said post, the mention (which has already become parsed BBcode) may break if it somehow fails to parse properly.

This can be caused by simple factors such as having multiple mentions close to each other, lacking space between each mention, or possibly having too many mentions in one post. When this happens, the code will become what you just posted, which is HTML for the text formatting used for a mention (bolded, underlined, and links to the mentioned user's profile). As HTML is normally disabled for posting, the borked HTML code can't be properly reparsed.

Theoretically, the workaround is very simple: if you intend to copy and paste multiple mentions from one thread to another, it's better to have a .txt file or something nearby containing what you'd type to mention all those users. For example, if you want to mention all the admins, make sure what you copy and paste is a string like this
public.php

instead of
public.php

and ensure your post is properly formatted, mentions properly spaced and not excessively laid out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The [MEDIA=youtube]xCjMABqWdEM[/MEDIA][/code]
you should instead type
Code:
[PLAIN][MEDIA=youtube]xCjMABqWdEM[/MEDIA][/PLAIN]

As for the supposed problem with mentions, I think I've seen it in one of your birthday threads wherein you mentioned a large amount of people in one post. I assume you didn't retype all those mentions every single time but copied them from an older thread whenever you made a new one. Certain BBcodes morph after you submit a post (or an edit to a post). To pick an example that relates to the other question: the [MEDIA=youtube]xCjMABqWdEM[/MEDIA][/code]
into
Code:
[B][COLOR="#F37934"][MEDIA=youtube]xCjMABqWdEM[/MEDIA][/noparse]
provided the video is successfully embedded. You can see this by editing a post with an embed after you've submitted the post. Similarly, mention morphs the clickable username into a set of parsing BBcode once the post is submitted. Upon consecutive editing of said post, the mention (which has already become parsed BBcode) may break if it somehow fails to parse properly.

This can be caused by simple factors such as having multiple mentions close to each other, lacking space between each mention, or possibly having too many mentions in one post. When this happens, the code will become what you just posted, which is HTML for the text formatting used for a mention (bolded, underlined, and links to the mentioned user's profile). As HTML is normally disabled for posting, the borked HTML code can't be properly reparsed.

Theoretically, the workaround is very simple: if you intend to copy and paste multiple mentions from one thread to another, it's better to have a .txt file or something nearby containing what you'd type to mention all those users. For example, if you want to mention all the admins, make sure what you copy and paste is a string like this
public.php

instead of
public.php

and ensure your post is properly formatted, mentions properly spaced and not excessively laid out.

Thank you very much Ignis, you was again a great help - The video problem is solved, and it works very fine...^_^!

And with the tagging/mentions: Well, yeah, I copy and paste it often from older threads to new ones (I give to, out of laziness...^^), like you at my Anime threads so seeing, but sometimes happens at retyped mentions as well... But anyway, I thanking again for your very helpfully efforts...:goodtea:

Edit: Before you or Checky this thread closing, would you please me still an question of me reply, it's about subscribed threads: Well, I get again this notification [Reply to Subscribed Threads] since the downtime about almost 2 weeks ago. Why I get this again, because I've more than a year ago at General Settings as [Do not subscribe] given, because these notifications annoying found have, what still so is.

Upvote 0
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Edit: Before you or Checky this thread closing, would you please me still an question of me reply, it's about subscribed threads: Well, I get again this notification [Reply to Subscribed Threads] since the downtime about almost 2 weeks ago. Why I get this again, because I've more than a year ago at General Settings as [Do not subscribe] given, because these notifications annoying found have, what still so is.
It's possible that the recent downtime affected our front-end servers and resurrected the old problem, but before we get there, let's confirm some simple stuff: the "do not subscribe" option only applies to threads you reply to from that point on. This has no effect on your existing subscriptions. Did you accidentally subscribe to a thread (that you didn't want to subscribe to) when the default configuration was set to subscribe and forget to remove it from your subscription, then the thread got a new reply after a while?

Upvote 0
It's possible that the recent downtime affected our front-end servers and resurrected the old problem, but before we get there, let's confirm some simple stuff: the "do not subscribe" option only applies to threads you reply to from that point on. This has no effect on your existing subscriptions. Did you accidentally subscribe to a thread (that you didn't want to subscribe to) when the default configuration was set to subscribe and forget to remove it from your subscription, then the thread got a new reply after a while?

Ah, I see... And no, I didn't accidentally subscribed, because (out of my viewpoint) is this application not really useful. I've this since meanwhile again 2 weeks so... I did the subscribtions since at that time cleaned, and at the general settings several time tried the "do not subscribe" to use...>_>

Upvote 0
I also had that subscribe issue (I also have 'Do not subscibe' and yet get subscribed) that nanashi7 has and I think it happens whenever you have that bug where your post is duplicated. I am not talking about this kind of duplicate where you get a warning that your post is the same as an earlier post but this kind of duplicate where the content of the post is doubled.

Upvote 0
Is the problem reproducible? Also, I'd like to clarify one thing. Can you please pick which of the following best describes your experience with the bug?

1. You're subscribed to a thread. You post in that thread and a "reply to subscribed threads" notification appears despite the latest post being yours. However, when you go to your subscription list, the thread you just replied to isn't highlighted/bolded, indicating it's been read and there's no new post.
  2. You're subscribed to a thread. Out of the blue, a "reply to subscribed threads" notification appears. However, when you check the thread, there's no new post.
  3. You were subscribed to a thread before, but not anymore. You've removed your subscription. However, when someone (or yourself) posts in that thread after you're no longer subscribed to it, you still get a notification. When you click through it, however, there doesn't seem to be anything new, as the thread in question isn't within your subscription list.
  4. You were subscribed to a thread before, but not anymore. You've removed your subscription. Out of the blue, a "reply to subscribed threads" notification appears. You suspect that the culprit is a thread you were once subscribed to. However, when you check the thread, there's no new post.

Upvote 0
Is the problem reproducible? Also, I'd like to clarify one thing. Can you please pick which of the following best describes your experience with the bug?

1. You're subscribed to a thread. You post in that thread and a "reply to subscribed threads" notification appears despite the latest post being yours. However, when you go to your subscription list, the thread you just replied to isn't highlighted/bolded, indicating it's been read and there's no new post.
  2. You're subscribed to a thread. Out of the blue, a "reply to subscribed threads" notification appears. However, when you check the thread, there's no new post.
  3. You were subscribed to a thread before, but not anymore. You've removed your subscription. However, when someone (or yourself) posts in that thread after you're no longer subscribed to it, you still get a notification. When you click through it, however, there doesn't seem to be anything new, as the thread in question isn't within your subscription list.
  4. You were subscribed to a thread before, but not anymore. You've removed your subscription. Out of the blue, a "reply to subscribed threads" notification appears. You suspect that the culprit is a thread you were once subscribed to. However, when you check the thread, there's no new post.

Well, let me please so explain Ignis.

I get most the subscription(s) at "Latest Thought" thread: I post normal there, and then I move further to other threads - so an specific time later I get this notification(s) -> I visit then the subscription list, and delete/clear it that subscription, but then I get somehow again one(s), where then again so... But sometimes if I it get, and then move away of that thread/section, then disappears the notification(s) again... Well, I know, it sounds confusing, but it's so...

Upvote 0
And just to make extra-sure: there's nothing listed on http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/subscription.php?folderid=0 , right?

Hmm, actually I've again one (bold)... - But if I the 'Latest thought' thread visit, and then again leave, then disappears the notification(s) - And like said, specific time later I get again from there (In 8 from 10 cases)...

But I'd now recommend the bug-thread (Not Latest thought thread, but this!) to close, I'll somehow then manage... Well, thank you very much for your gold worth tips...:goodtea:

Upvote 0
I'm not sure yet what's the cause, and if you'd like to close this thread and start a new one for this specific problem (or just have this one closed and postpone the troubleshooting for the other problem for another time), I'll oblige. However, there's one thing that I'd like to clarify from what you just said:

Hmm, actually I've again one (bold)... - But if I the 'Latest thought' thread visit, and then again leave, then disappears the notification(s) - And like said, specific time later I get again from there (In 8 from 10 cases)...
Does that mean:
  1. you had once been subscribed to the "Latest Thought" thread, but you had previously unsubscribed from it before you encountered this most recent problem;
  2. when the problem occurred, to the best of your knowledge, you weren't subscribed―or weren't supposed to be subscribed―to that thread;
  3. your subscription was empty or supposed to be empty; and
  4. when the problem occurred, you were automagically subscribed to the "Latest Thought" thread again, despite supposedly having unsubscribed from it?

Upvote 0
Does that mean:
  1. you had once been subscribed to the "Latest Thought" thread, but you had previously unsubscribed from it before you encountered this most recent problem;
  2. when the problem occurred, to the best of your knowledge, you weren't subscribed―or weren't supposed to be subscribed―to that thread;
  3. your subscription was empty or supposed to be empty; and
  4. when the problem occurred, you were automagically subscribed to the "Latest Thought" thread again, despite supposedly having unsubscribed from it?

Hmm............. Well, it's point 3 and 4 from you: If I the LT thread directly visit - without the link to there at notification/subscription list - and then with or without posting there the TL thread leave, then is the notification away... BUT after an unknown time I get again from there an [Reply to Subscribed Threads] notification. What this getting nerve slowly, this kind of notification (The [Reply to Subscribed Threads] notification is of course meant.) doesn't have meaning and etc.

Well, I hope that this for you enough is, because better I can't more explain Ignis.

Upvote 0
1st: Sorry for the DP-ing!

2nd: You can now quiet the thread kill, because I don't get more...:goodtea:

Upvote 0
Very well, I'll mark the issue as resolved. Thank you for letting us know about the problems you had.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

somacruz63 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry, The title of "this" is different, but the correct title is"ド変態ドM&腹黒メイド服『ハイポリボディ版』+EXキャラビジュアル強化パック" This data does not contain "ハイポリボディ版". Please upload that data.
Hoppou wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
this person got some good stuff, plz upload them...https://vrsexfriend.fanbox.cc/