Denied Untouched blu-ray forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowdogg

Sep 14, 2012
I am wondering if it would be possible to create an untouched forum for movies and the likes, I enjoy watching stuff in dts-hd and the likes, it seems to make the atmosphere more exciting. I think people are beginning to download a lot now, so 45GB a disc is becoming less of a problem. My only problem is the space.

Please consider this suggestion for the audio and video snobs like myself. Cheers.

Reactions: namalandrcont
They can go into the normal sections for now - there's basically no demand or supply for them, so making an extra subforum would be more than overkill.

Upvote 0
I would certainly say there is a demand, on the general websites I go onto, they do tend to have mainly movies but the odd time there will be an anime, I just watched princess mononoke in glorious dts-hd and it adds a totally new dimension to it. In the same way that most anime's dont really look that much better in 1080p compared to 720p.

Edit: Also did a search, dts-hd has no results at all other than this post. I guess the visitors here are content enough with what they have or they haven't been given a choice.

Upvote 0
DTS-HD is not inherently better than FLAC, quite the contrary - it has worse compression and if the source was DTS-HD MA, also worse quality.
That aside, I do have access to sites that upload both encodes and untouched sources and the downloader ratio just doesn't make it viable for myself, especially since storing BDMVs eats through storage space (something mighty precious for me at the moment) extremely quick.

Anyway, as with every other forum, it'll be created if, and only if, there is a steady enough supply to ensure the subforum won't stay empty. Sadly this is just not the case right now.

Upvote 0
DTS-HD is certainly not compressed, it is a lossless codec, however, FLAC, unlike DTS-HD is mastered at 85dB so it means the dynamic range gives a fuller experience. FLAC might work well for stereo, but I would not be sure how well the dynamic range compares and it certainly isn't mastered to the same criteria.

However, I take the point about if enough posts are creates and demand improves, another subforum could be created easily enough.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha
Irish99 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi if you get time can you reupload this please.