Denied Torrent section too strict

Status
Not open for further replies.

motherofass

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2012
The posting restrictions make sense when it comes to DDL but I think the site should allow everyone to post torrents, and perhaps you can divide them into subsections. I appreciate girlcelly's hard work but there are no torrents for games released 2010 and earlier. With all the hosts dead now you have to pray the game you want is still alive on Share or PD, and even if it is it can take days to get it sometimes. If the torrent section was more "open," allowing anyone to post their old games, I think it would be for the best. Please consider it

You should apply to be an uploader if you want to post and seed files.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you clarify which part of the torrent section being too strict?

I think the problem lies in nobody want to post torrent since they don't gain anything.

Upvote 0
Maybe it is that too many people are greedy these days but to simply torrent some old games you have to make 30 non-spam posts, fill out some kind of questionnaire, etc. If you don't understand english too well this seems like a lot of hassle. I'm fluent and it still seems like too much trouble. If not for the recent file host crash I'd be at around 5 posts right now. Anyway as long as the forum is well moderated for dupes and self-promotion I think a more open torrent section would be nice

Upvote 0
If my connection is fast, and I can get my hand of stuffs 2-3 days after they were aired, I would upload it using torrent.
Plus I dunno know how to upload using torrent. But I can seed, thou, as long I have the file(s).

Upvote 0
Maybe it is that too many people are greedy these days but to simply torrent some old games you have to make 30 non-spam posts, fill out some kind of questionnaire, etc. If you don't understand english too well this seems like a lot of hassle. I'm fluent and it still seems like too much trouble. If not for the recent file host crash I'd be at around 5 posts right now. Anyway as long as the forum is well moderated for dupes and self-promotion I think a more open torrent section would be nice

This goes for the entire download section. If you wish to become an uploader you have to fullfil the requirements. Due to the massive flood from Hongfire there's A LOT to keep track of. Keeping everything "well moderated" is more than just saying it. When we form clear rules with guidelines it gets a lot easier for us to look through and weed out the bad. We have people applying for uploader even with these requirements, so it works.

Upvote 0
Getting 30 posts isn't really hard here considering post counts aren't disabled in the spam section...
I agree with the current restriction of having to apply for an uploader status, but I also think the post count requirement is a bit redundant. /2cents

Upvote 0
I think the uploader status restriction is due to not knowing who would up load what.

My 1 cent.

Upvote 0
The restrictions were put in place to keep out those annoying people who register a new account to continue spamming the DDL section after they already got banned for breaking the rules.

Besides, if I were to paraphrase your request it would sound like this:

Please increase your workload further (because replacing thousands of dead links isn't enough work), so you can then lower the requirements for making threads (and thus reduce the quality of said threads and he forum as a whole).

Yeah, doesn't sound all that good a deal to me. :D

Upvote 0
i know torrent is good alternatives, but it's not majority for the global... people still would prefer DDL over torrent!

if you saying the uploaders are greedy and uploading just for the cash, i can't argue with that, true that the money is tempting, but it's not just for that. some people don't have the speed to seeding a game or else! so why waste time to seeding something for days to upload

and you should noticed that the guest viewer between torrent section and DDL are 1:5

Upvote 0
I just showed up here not 4 days ago, with a small army of specific followers and we are managing fine here with the current rules. i have not heard any complaints so far. I do have a question though, will i get in trouble for posting a Torrent in my own Fetish section under my own started thread? cuz i did that, and have plans to do more, trying to get old content and games lost to obscurity transferred over from hongfires fall.

The issue is, i don't plan on daily and constantly posting mass torrents, but i will post torrents on occasion to the games that Celly and the others are not posting, or are not up anywhere, that fit the criteria for my thread, or a game i already have that a friend/poster requests for that i cannot find the links for on the net. And if it is not ok for me to post these torrents in my own thread, and i have to sign up and apply and go through the process to post, a total of like 6 torrents over the course of 3 years, then there is a problem with the rules, and they should prolly be revised, thats my two cents, and if broke the rules already, sorry my bad.

Upvote 0
Don't get get us wrong. We only allow users from the Uplaoder class to post torrents, because its more easy to control. For example if one of gircelly's torrents need seed, he will respond to the thread and seed it himself. If we allow public just to post torrents, 90% of the time they don't seed or started the torrent.

We made the rules like that so whenever there is a dead torrent, the uploader who post it can seed it back. Well, with the suggestion we could make a userclass especific for torrents.

Upvote 0
I just showed up here not 4 days ago, with a small army of specific followers and we are managing fine here with the current rules. i have not heard any complaints so far. I do have a question though, will i get in trouble for posting a Torrent in my own Fetish section under my own started thread? cuz i did that, and have plans to do more, trying to get old content and games lost to obscurity transferred over from hongfires fall.

The issue is, i don't plan on daily and constantly posting mass torrents, but i will post torrents on occasion to the games that Celly and the others are not posting, or are not up anywhere, that fit the criteria for my thread, or a game i already have that a friend/poster requests for that i cannot find the links for on the net. And if it is not ok for me to post these torrents in my own thread, and i have to sign up and apply and go through the process to post, a total of like 6 torrents over the course of 3 years, then there is a problem with the rules, and they should prolly be revised, thats my two cents, and if broke the rules already, sorry my bad.

The forum might soon disabled for attaching any torrent files.

However, a rather, easy work around way is that you just copy and paste the Magnet URI. So yes, you can post the Magnet URI in your own thread.

Wrap it under GET THIS TORRENT

Upvote 0
[MENTION=13083]motherofass[/MENTION]: I think people can request any stuff by any file hosting or torrent, the uploader (as me) will always do anything which I can to help requester. all are not just for crash.

Reactions: Sylvia Van Hossen
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha