Denied Subscribed threads in My Subscriptions -- thread category column?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoshiMoshi

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2013
A lot of people subscribe to threads so they can find out when a latest post has occurred but if one has over 100 subscriptions, organizing each one within their own folder becomes a pain. This is because he or she will need to click each thread individually to see if it has been thrown in the graveyard or if it has been categorized as complete.

My suggestion is that after the Column title "Last Posted By", there should be a column between it and the Notification column which should be called Category. This will allow us to see, without individually clicking each thread, where it has been placed should it be completed or within the graveyard or moved elsewhere.

If this proposal of adding a column category depicting which category or "forum section" a thread is in, is too much, then how about a little image to the left of the thread name which tells us where it's located within the forum? If, however, even that is too much then what about some sort of breadcrumb in text form above the subscribed thread within "My Subscriptions" list? The breadcrumb would apply per thread subscription that is being shown within My Subscriptions.

If you run your cursor over a thread title (without clicking it) in Subscribed Threads, it displays the link to the thread, which includes which forum it's in, ie Spam Section, Ongoing Series, Site Support, etc.

Hope this helps. :)

Upvote 0
That only shows the series information for me, not the category it's currently in if you're talking about tooltip.

As for the link thing in the lower left corner, I have to leave my cursor on it for 1 second (literally) in order for the link to show up for me. Doing that along with 160+ subscribed threads and having to mentally separate each links directory in order to determine where its at is not only inefficient but also flat out hard to do over several threads for some people. This is because not everyone is capable of honing in on a specific /directory/ due to how different each link is because of its title name which then detracts the user from the category it's in. Furthermore, if one deals with life and is constantly doing tasks which require deep thinking after a full day of work, then they're going to be mentally exhausted and may just want to check their subscribed threads for new updates (which includes category since it could reflect it being updated or not in the future). Now, instead of clicking on a thread that may have been placed in the graveyard or in the completed area, and it increasing bandwidth due to a full page load, then why not add a breadcrumb so it can decrease loads overall. Not only for the user but also for the host too since they'll benefit from it as well. What I mean by the benefits is that it will benefit the user further by not having to load a page but instead check the category the thread it's in, should they be wondering if a series or thread is still actively engaged or not. This then keeps one from not having to click the link to load the thread as a new page, but instead all brought to the user through their profile/my subscriptions list. This prevents 1 less page load that the site has to process and helps the user and the host/server. Furthermore, this will also make the My Subscriptions look more complete when viewing at 1920x1080 because that large blank space between last poster and notification column will be used for the category the thread is in.

I keep saying category, what I mean by this is whether it's in the graveyard, on going, completed or if it has been moved because the poster had put the thread in the wrong area. This would also be the same for working projects, dropped projects, and completed projects and also whether or not a request has been fulfilled or not should there ever be a fulfilled area for request threads which have been completed/fulfilled.

Overall, it will just make everything look better and help people with many subscribed threads to manage them better whenever wanting to add them to customized folders based on the category/area/location that thread is in. This would even help people with ocd tendencies or if they have to organize things a certain way in order to reflect their interests that day and have an added benefit for the server by not having to load 1 page per thread, in order to figure out where that thread is currently placed it. I believe this would focus more toward threads that has been looked at but hasn't been updated in a week -- in order to determine if something happened to the thread or if it ended up being completed without the user realizing it.

Anyway, I hope it's added... Not specifically for me but instead to help everyone manage a huge list of threads they've subscribed to with more efficiency in an optimized manner while having an added benefit by allowing a more optimized site, even if it's just a wee bit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[MENTION=56625]MoshiMoshi[/MENTION]; Sorry for the late reply, somehow this got buried in a slew of other things.

Anyway, while the feature would be nice, the functionality already exists in a limited fashion: if you open your profile and then click on "Subscriptions" under "My Activity", you'll see which subforum the (responded to) thread is in.
We also looked into adding a subforum column to subscription.php as well, but that page gets a lot, and I mean a lot of views. Having to run additional SQL queries for each subscription would place to much load on the server. As such we have no choice but to decline this suggestion.

Reactions: Leggy
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25
uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092