Denied Sub-sections for spam section~

Status
Not open for further replies.

~SnowAngel~

~♥RadiantHeart♥~
Contributor
Mar 24, 2012
*summary

What I've suggested is having two sections for the spam section. "Just for fun" and "random."

JFF is what it sounds like~ for people that are looking to have fun, learn about each other, and like to express themselves. It would be things like (What did you do this morning? What anime do you like better? Share a random thought, what are you listening to?)

Random is where the topic is either random (such as LPW), or maybe personal or one-time things. (ex: holiday/birthday, topic about a person, it's hard to say XD)

By splitting the sections, I'm hoping that it'll get more people interested with learning or sharing about each other. The JFF would be more optimistic, or something to do like the forum games. :3
I'm especially interested in the quiz-type of threads, and want to see more people also interested in them too.

soo if you're new or a guest, it still matters to me if you have something to add~ Just agreeing or not would be fine too.

-----------
Soo right now, there are 9 pages of threads in the spam section. (50 threads per page?) more than likely, more and more will be pilled onto them. Some threads that are just for fun people enjoy more often. Some actually are a little more serious, but not a debate.

Some have a real purpose (ex: what things you like, LPW, fun questions, birthdays, post your favorit __, etc.) These threads have topics people follow. They're almost like the game section.

Some don't (random, unclear title, turned into a different purpose, etc?)

I'm not entirely sure how it would best be organized, but it would be nice to have a place to keep "just for fun" separate from random/seriousness~

sooo I want to hear what a few people have to say and if they'd like this idea~ :runhappy: It would mean that you wouldn't have to hunt down for that fun thread anymore :P annd it may even encourage more fun threads~

Last edited:
@kami: Hmm IMO it's a fussy task. Those threads are too unimportant to be arranged into sub-sections. Actually most if not all of the random threads deserve to die when people lose interest ^^ so I wouldn't worry about them being pushed back or not being sorted.

If there's anything I want to suggest, it's that I want the game section to be a sub-section of the spam section.

Upvote 0
there's some that don't actually die tho x-x I mean, a person can bring up and an older thread that interests newer people. Lots of people don't feel like going through more than the first page. If some of those threads can promote the forum being friendly, then yea they could be a little important because it brings people together. Threads that have a specific purpose encourages people to share more about themselves~ it'd be a shame to see the good threads be forgotten about (double or locked) because of that. I know that some people look for certain threads they liked because they were pushed down, or they want something that interests them.

Upvote 0
Per the description say: Spam forum is not actively moderated and organized and is not supposed to be. Spam is... just for whatever goes, there is absolutely no specific goal what-so-ever. If you want a specific goal, try General Discussions or other category that might suit the purposes better.

Upvote 0
Hmm the way i view it is that spams is for those serious threads which dont really make it to the general discussions and stuff :/ Games is pretty much the same as spams to me considering how it was split from it but i see it as where the less serious stuff go~

Upvote 0
I mean, "what's you favorit color" isn't a debate tho right? the question type could be dedicated in one place, so it wouldn't bother the people who are looking for something else (or vice versa). The quiz/question types may also die quicker, but still push down the once popular threads that still can be popular. (ex: what are you listening to, when you're bored, random, latest thought, etc.)

People who post often in the spam section would relate more~ Some people love survey/question types and would post more if it wasn't mixed; some prefer the constantly active ones. I'd love to see more question type threads~ a section for them would encourage that. To new people, "forum games" they know what to expect. They don't participate as much in the spam section since it's a confusing mess. (even the lpw for crying out loud T~T)

what i mean by question type is probably close to what's here:
http://quizilla.teennick.com/

If anything, separating popular threads from not-popular would help. There's not as many, and it would encourage members to participate more~ The threads that turned into serious topics probly won't be moved. (but they're still serious?)

still, i know that some people wouldn't like this idea since they're use to the way things are now. x-x

------

sooo i'm hoping to hear from people (Especially new ones or guests~) about what they think. or if they have some idea to add :P

Upvote 0
Lol well the lpw has some purpose with the randomness ;p

Hmm well i go through the old ones and dig up random ones at times... though that doesnt always help them get more active :/

So you sort of want another separation with the less serious threads?

Upvote 0
i mean, i'm really the type of person to make lots and lots of threads, but i know that everyone would be annoyed with so many. XD I really want to see if there's other people out there that would enjoy stuff like that too~ I like learning about people this way :3 I could definitely see three ways to separate the threads. but picking out popular ones would work too XD

there are some serious-spam ones too. Most of them can be a little personal (user-specific) soo i didn't want to bring them up here XD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm if someone rates a popular thread then it should pop up more anyhow? Popular threads just sort of stay around the top anyway?

Annoyed... idk i dont particularly mind? Its just something to discuss for a while~

Upvote 0
Please understand that while you can make friends and be social on ASF, AFS itself doesn't focus itself on "a place to break the ice, make awesome friend" and the like. In fact, the forum is mainly for 2D discussions as well as sharing.

Topic such as "what's you favorite color" shouldn't be here in ASF, in my opinion.

Upvote 0
There's some special interest topics that have their own dedicated section as well, and would be considered spam otherwise.
(japanese chat, writings, graphics showcase) which the majority of these die anyway, yet still have potential?

The debate section has a few threads that can be spam, or are serious (or turned into that) but don't have titles that seem as serious.

ex: (from the bottom to top)
what do you do when the war back
31st August 1957
Why I Like Otome Games
Are you afraid of dying?
Poll: Are Anime Fans Shy?
Poll: Male or Female?

So there are some topics that are spamy, but still serious. (or intended to be).
While there's plenty of serious-type spam threads, they aren't put into the debate section since it isn't really meant for debate.

------
making friends is also part of sharing. If this forum didn't have any of that in mind, it would be one place run by staff offering whatever they do.

if it weren't for some of these topics, i wouldn't be the same person i am today, and i'm sure lots of people who've been here can relate. Even some of the staff would play here (or at least a long time ago). If they didn't do that, who knows if they wouldn't be a staff today. It's important to be social in the real world as much as the internet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well general debates and spam has different purposes and give different feelings overall~ The thread put into spam means theyre allowing spam on it to some degree~ Somewhat more free in terms of discussion anyhow~

Upvote 0
Only people here long enough would know that tho x-x I could find several threads with the links to show that there are serious threads in the spam section, regardless of the purpose intended. There were people who ask things, were distressed, or didn't feel like looking through other threads to see where their topic applies. Some of those threads are similar if not the same as the ones in the debate section.

There are topics that are in the spam, serious, and enforced by mods. (ex: what are you listening to?)
http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/spam-section-13/what-you-listening-right-now-140/

Mostly the popular threads like that are enforced for it's purpose. (Ex: no serious debates in the lpw) yet there are instances where that is overlooked or unnoticed.

Upvote 0
If you feel things are being overlooked or unnoticed by mods, then you should report said things. Doesn't necessarily mean that a punishment has to be given out, but if some cleaning up is needed or whatever it can be fine too. Personally I'm not going to wag my finger at a person talking random in one of the more "serious" spam threads, since, after all, it's within the Spam section.

I like organization, but I'm not sure if the Spam section is a place that needs it, since it's kind of meant as a place where people can dump in nearly anything.

Upvote 0
Hmm idk its just the feeling that i get from the sections~ Theres no stated difference though~

People who post their thread in the general debate section want to have a cleaner thread i suppose? Same topic but for a different purpose :/ Putting it in the spam section will get different responses and considering how its more active... more responses too... that activity might keep the thread in the latest posts and thus gather more responses....

Upvote 0
when you put it that way, sure~ spam section shouldn't matter as far as content. I'm sure it can't go too far off topic tho right? since every thread doesn't need to become an lpw. There's still a noticeable difference between serious and not serious threads.
What was the original intention of the spam section anyway?

Why so serious? Relax, kick back, and be safe in the knowledge no-one will be upset if you didn't read the over nine-thousand replies already made to the threads here.

Most of the popular threads can fit that. Mostly the threads where people don't need to think, or follow what's going on.
but the debate section:

Forum for all kinds of things which people can actually discuss. Please keep it to serious threads only.
I'm sure I'm not the only one~ threads that I wanted to have more serious conversations about were put into the spam section. Some I made in the spam section simply because I knew it would be moved anyway. Most likely because there was only the topic, yet it was still something meant to be serious. Because they're in the spam section, not many people are willing to look.

So how do you decide for something that's between serious and spam? Even some of the spam threads can be like a game.
The game threads could be considered spam, but has it's own category rather than a sub in spam.

Upvote 0
Hmm getting off topic... that usually happens with random little deviations which arent too far from the original topic...

Spam and games used to be the same so they could sort of end up as the same again if people dont differentiate between them :/ Not that there is any guidelines to say what exactly the difference is...

Upvote 0
In other word, you want a general discussion forum that allow unrelated post regarding the topic being discussed?

I don't see how it can be done here?

We are not aiming to please everyone, more like pleasing ourselves in a sense. We have our own objective to achieve. None of them are "making friends" seriously speaking. Though we do try to facilitate the discussion of 2D which is the purpose of this forum. Everything we did are just to achieve what we want, including letting people to know each other, and making friend. But by no mean it is our purpose.

I hate to say this but so far we aren't very successful with it, some crucial changes are going to be made.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the pure and innocent room has it's organized sections too. x-x so why couldn't the spam section?
---

ummm (not sure if i know what you mean there? x-x)

What I mean is to have a place that's between spam and serious. It's spam in a way that it doesn't really matter, but serious that it's meant to have one topic of interest.

I could find a few threads to use as an example if you want me to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm sure I'm not the only one~ threads that I wanted to have more serious conversations about were put into the spam section. Some I made in the spam section simply because I knew it would be moved anyway. Most likely because there was only the topic, yet it was still something meant to be serious. Because they're in the spam section, not many people are willing to look.

Problem is, nearly all users here are spammers, meaning they don't care which section you put your thread in. They will turn any thread into a spam thread. Instead of punishing them all we simply move it to the Spam section so they no longer break any rules by posting there. If you want your threads to not be put into the Spam section, then you simply need to enforce your will as the OP. You have the right to report users you feel are working against you by not being serious, as long as it is your thread they're doing it to.

There are a lot more spammers than there are "serious" people. More people will look in the Spam section, or as I said, will not notice the section a thread is posted in at all and merely cause spam by being ignorant.

The difference between a serious and a spam thread, to me, is not necessarily the content of the thread, but how the OP presents it in their thread.

Upvote 0
The spam section doesn't automatically mean that the topics there are for either absolute unseriousness or people who don't like to think. People might not be posting in the debate section as much because of either the little content there, or expectations they have. People mainly post in threads that they're interested in, not just because of the section it's in. Users are selective of where they post regardless of where the threads are. Some would rather post in already made threads, even if they really would like a certain topic.

You could think of the spam threads in term of the person's mood.
ex: they're bored.
they want something fun and interesting
they want something random
they want to talk about something that's bothering them
they have a question for other members. (poll)

There's probly a few more than that, but you get the idea.
Going through the spam mess, you could find some threads meant for a single purpose. Even though there's definitely people here (or will be) that would join in the thread, they'd miss the opportunity since it's buried under lots of threads that's hard to sort through and mentally follow what you see. (since they don't know what to expect)
Some people have some favorit threads here that get buried and forgotten about for a while. Once someone brings it up again, more people are interested. (including guests perhaps?)

soo that's one reason to separate popular from un-popular threads. You never know who you'd meet because of something really simple, and find that something eventually makes a big difference. Each person has his/her own reason for being here, and it's the simple things could make a good huge difference.

Upvote 0
Hmm but who is to say what is popular or not? Thats just an opinion and if you go by the views or replies then those threads are probably already on top... If they have a favorite thread then they could dig it up pretty easily?

I think you sort of want a split between the serious topics and somewhat less serious ones?

Upvote 0
I don't quite understand how to "sub-categorize" a spam section.

The spam section is a place where all "top of the head" or random thoughts/subjects go. When a thread in the spam section is created, everyone (the people who live on this forum) fill the thread with whatever little thing that pops into their head. When the created thread dies (or better known as "buried") then that means everyone involved or aware of the topic/subject has discussed it to their heart's content and have moved on.

So like any other forum, the spam section is fine as is.

Upvote 0
At the very least, it could be split into two sections.

JFF (just for fun)

and random
---

JFF would be things people enjoy. (poll/questions, what are you doing today, post your fav thing, etc?)
in a way, they can be seen as a game. These would mostly be light-hearted, while some can still be serious or not.

Random can be a place for the majority of misc things within the spam section, serious or not. Most of these would be case-specific, and tend to be occasional yet consistently made. People want to talk about something here, but it's not something that's like a discussion topic.

Both categories can have serious or not serious, and are clear enough to make separation possible. The only thing needed to look for is the JFF type and leave the rest where they are. (or turn them into a section).

Since I know this would be asking alot mod-wise, I'm willing to create a file with thread links that I'd consider JFF. Nearly half of the spam section could be JFF, while the other half is random.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi I looking for axl vocal collection cd for a long time. would you reupload these 3 files?
tekitonine wrote on Shine's profile.
nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.