Denied Removing the rule that allow bump by adding mirrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowerTradeWinds

Elite Member
Contributor
Sep 22, 2011
For users who already downloaded the file, adding mirror does not give any new content.

If there are problems with a certain host temporarily, the short duration of the delay does not warrant a bump (it will be in the same page anyway). If the host is down for a relatively long period, users would have download from other hosts instead of waiting.

For uploaders using junk filehosts as a mean to bump the thread, those filehosts isn't good enough for them to post them first-hand anyway.

Benefits to AS:
- Less junk posts clogging up the database, less cache updates.
- Less unnecessary page views thus less load to server

Benefit to users:
- No more looking at mirror bumped threads, only to know that there are no new content / useful information.

Benefit to uploaders:
- No more shedding download counts to the mirror filehost. If the uploader really wanted those download counts going to that filehost, he would have put the mirror in when he first posted.

Reactions: sunrise
Yes, i agree with you about that, it is not necessary to bump another filehost within 48 hours, we just have put all links once.

Upvote 0
+1 to this as a user myself, as well as adding another opinion that the uploaders save the time of copy-pasting the new mirror into the main post

Upvote 0
You make it sound like you're forced to bump the thread within 48 hours. You're not. You can simply not bump your threads at all.

Upvote 0
Well, since everyone bump then if you don't bump, you will loose views... I guess other uploaders think the same. So it's not like the rule force uploaders to bump thread but the rule allow uploaders to bump. And of course, bumping thread has advantage - everyone think the same - so bumping thread like must to do work...

My opinion: I totally agree with FlowerTradeWinds, Chivien999 and Erotic. I vote for change the rule to: Do not allow bump thread for adding mirror.

Upvote 0
I also agree with FTW ,but when you will upload tokuten,label,etc... for your games and post "uploaded drama cd" other uploaders will do the same thing

Upvote 0
All of you are trying to earn money, some more than others. Not to mention most filehosts are junkhosts, though that's not all your fault and doesn't really matter since people can choose to download from said host or not. Fact is you all have a lot of competition. If you upload one thing you can be damn sure a million others will do the same - this is not something we can change. The 48 hour restriction is actually a way to avoid people shamelessly bumping their threads with additional links.

Restricting it so you may only post your thread and never bump it with additional links? Not something I would be against. It's a simple matter of changing the rules to make it so. All the right people have already looked at this thread, but I suppose I can poke them a little bit. ^^

Reactions: moemoe-kyun
Upvote 0
totally agree,

this way we dont get those double,tripple,quatripple posts.
if someone wants to add their mirrors, they should add them to the first made page,
if that specified host isnt used already.

Upvote 0
I also agree with FTW ,but when you will upload tokuten,label,etc... for your games and post "uploaded drama cd" other uploaders will do the same thing

At least that would be considered "new content".

If you mean everyone bump with the same tokuten / label, then it is more of a fundamental issue of allowing duplicate releases. Which is unenforceable by moderators, or put the burden of check to uploaders. There is the option of looking at the uploader's profile page, or go to the uploader's blog/website.

All of you are trying to earn money, some more than others. Not to mention most filehosts are junkhosts, though that's not all your fault and doesn't really matter since people can choose to download from said host or not.

It is unfortunately the truth. To achieve a fast release speed, the uploader need to pay for servers, or at the very least a VPN.

All paid filehosts are junk, but there isn't much choice. The choice of filehosts mostly depends on do they pay regularly and how much DL/sales do they shave.

Free filehosts don't usually give a large storage space, nor keep files for a long time, nor very tolerate on copyrighted files. Or worse, sell your personal information to pay for the storage.

Reactions: moemoe-kyun
Upvote 0
Uploaders who really dont have time, or do not use many filehosts (like FTW) will favor to change Rules (Do not allow to BUMP). Because they dont want to lose any DL/sale from their few filehosts, so they post all in the first post without mirror. But others one use many filehosts, and they will add mirror by ineffective filehosts to BUMP.

And people (like FTW) are disadvantage when dont BUMP like others. So they vote to change rules.

Someday I "DONT HAVE TO BUMP" I'll have more time to do other thing. That is not bad idea :) .

Upvote 0
It is unfortunately the truth. To achieve a fast release speed, the uploader need to pay for servers, or at the very least a VPN.

All paid filehosts are junk, but there isn't much choice. The choice of filehosts mostly depends on do they pay regularly and how much DL/sales do they shave.

Free filehosts don't usually give a large storage space, nor keep files for a long time, nor very tolerate on copyrighted files. Or worse, sell your personal information to pay for the storage.

You have the point.
I don't deny that uploaders can earn money from paid file hosting. But i guess money earn from file hosting is for cover service needed like VPS, premium account, backup system...etc. I hate to talk about it but yeah, the real world is hard. Even if you don't use VPS or server, just your own PC, you always have bill for electricity, internet connection... to do the upload. Who will cover that for you if you live independent?
About paid file hosting, i think it's far good than some free file hosting. FlowerTradeWinds said the reason.

Anyway, sorry for talking about something out of this topic. I hope the admins review the rule and change it soon.

Upvote 0
I think you have bump the thread within 48 hours or not. That's not important. IF Database of AS over load, I think admin AS can control it.

Upvote 0
another option merging all the threats with the same game,CG album,music,movies,anime,ect. in the download section.
so we dont find 4-9 different uploaders in 9 different threats but all of them in the same one.
this can save a lot of page-load, since people tend to look at many pages before downloading to find the best source.
if all the same contend uploaders are in the same page, this can save lots of pageload so they only have to look for 1 page with all uploaders

Upvote 0
another option merging all the threats with the same game,CG album,music,movies,anime,ect. in the download section.
so we dont find 4-9 different uploaders in 9 different threats but all of them in the same one.
this can save a lot of page-load, since people tend to look at many pages before downloading to find the best source.
if all the same contend uploaders are in the same page, this can save lots of pageload so they only have to look for 1 page with all uploaders

I think that is far from feasible really
- How to deal with the moderation queue?
- Can the moderator actually handle the load?
- Many moderators are uploaders themselves.

If AS is going become a private release blog of the moderators, then let it be.

Upvote 0

Thank you for sharing your opinion, i understand what your mean but... It's impossible, do u know dmca protection & takedown services ???

Upvote 0
Thank you for sharing your opinion, i understand what your mean but... It's impossible, do u know dmca protection & takedown services ???

Protection service, you can try to use those link protector service so that it takes many more clicks for abusers to get your links to report.

Takedown service, there are probably some out there, but I don't know of any. Though I'd imagine everyone will start to try takedown everyone else's links. Someone already do this to my links every 3 days or so.

Upvote 0
TL;DR: It's going to stay like this for the time being.

The Long version:

After giving a serious thought about this, I've decided to keep it like this for now. There are various reason behind the bump rules:

1. Many, if not most new uploader has to go through an approval queue, they are allowed to bump it once. I think this is fair, since once their post are approved, their post were buried under a few pages depth. You can argue that they are just re-uploading contents and bring nothing new but they actually keep the contents alive around the net, or at the very least, filling out old contents that we don't have here.

2. Regular Uploaders and Special Uploaders bypasses this inconvenience, thus, your thread has is already on top atleast once. It's up to you whether or not to bump it to the top, to be on top once again. Additionally, Uploaders who contribute unique contents, help fulfilling requests and be nice to everyone else had their thread highlighted. It's really visible in the search and in the thread listing. In the future, I might consider giving a more bold color to make sure it gets more attention.

3. To answer all of your questions:

Benefits to AS:
- Less junk posts clogging up the database, less cache updates.
- Less unnecessary page views thus less load to server
It may be true, but it's so negligible that we don't even consider this.

Benefit to users:
- No more looking at mirror bumped threads, only to know that there are no new content / useful information.
Most people come here to look for a very specific content, using the search. Additionally, Only few Uploaders who actually care to update their thread with new contents. The users can subscribe to those Uploader, selectively.

Benefit to uploaders:
- No more shedding download counts to the mirror filehost. If the uploader really wanted those download counts going to that filehost, he would have put the mirror in when he first posted.
While we do not force people to use some specific filehosts like many other forums, we actually prefer uploaders to use a wide variety of filehosts. As such, it is as intended.

When we first design AS, we actually thought about it, but ultimately decide against it due to many reasons, since it's not in the scope of this topic, I'll just leave it at that. It's not going to happen.

While I turned this idea down, I do understand why you are bringing this up. I can't promise this but I have been thinking of another bump system: Special Uploaders can bump (be it adding new content, new links, or just plain bump) within X hours. All other user class will not be able to bump and will stay the same. Please note that this is just a proposal, a thought, it's not a work in progress, or a planned feature.

Upvote 0
Special Uploaders can bump (be it adding new content, new links, or just plain bump) within X hours. All other user class will not be able to bump and will stay the same. Please note that this is just a proposal, a thought, it's not a work in progress, or a planned feature.
won't new uploaders thread be buried with this ?

Upvote 0
Yes, which give them more incentive to become the special uploader. And give incentive to special uploader to stay and improve over time.
Again, there will be a few more quirks here and there, it's just a proposal, not every details are straighten out yet, it sounds feasible though.

Upvote 0
is that thing on replies and views
its like spotting the error, i have to see from an incline position to see it
when did you guys introduce it, if you didn't post the image i would never know and i am checking the Hentai Game section everyday

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25
uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?