Denied Releases SPAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoxxy

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2011
This is a really controversial topic. As we all know there are many new threads made everyday that are all about something that has been released before on another thread by another uploader and there is a lot of drama around this, it occurred to me that those threads could be merged into a single one and at the same time not preventing any uploader of posting their own stuff that has been posted before by another, everyone should have their fair chance to do so and some people would prefer downloading from A rather than the B person.
Lets take the torrent section for example where there are only a bunch of uploaders and a limited amount of threads created therefore much easier to do what I propose, the only question is what is the best way to do such a thing? The simple answer would be to force uploaders to perform a search to find out if a thread already exists or not and if so post their stuff there instead, but this is not ideal because said post might end up on the bottom of the page or not on the first page of the thread at all where many people will miss it, then option 2 would be to give uploaders rights to edit the first post and let them put links below the original author links, still option 2 is not by any means ideal at all because the first post might get to big and confusing unless only the original description of the release done by the original author is allowed to remain there as a reference, then option 3 that I'm not sure if it is feasible to do, the idea is to permit posting on the second, third, etc post slots of the thread regardless of having any 'normal' posts there as if they were reserved for the uploaders only, in all effects they would be able to push the second post of a person on that thread to the third post slot and use the second slot to post their release as an exclusive slot, then option 4 would be like making a 'cascade'-'tree like' thread where sub-threads can be posted bellow the main one and expanded by the user, again I do not know if it is possible.
All in all, the threads will become like a chart with a ranking encouraging uploaders to be faster on new releases and have the honor of being first, like the race that happens on 'the scene' (the so called PRE) literally the first person gets more kudos perhaps even some automated points system could be implemented just for this and the good part is that despite it all no one is restricted of downloading from the second uploader or third and so on while all the new thread spam of the same releases are eliminated, in fact people could just be more inclined to LIKE the one that ended up on third place and download from him, afraid much girlcelly? The very least a [FIRST] and [DUPE] prefixes should be enough to encourage such a system.

Option 5, ignore all the above and lock this thread.

Your option 1 would be an organizational nightmare due to reupload requests, error corrections, updates, etc. We considered that before and decided against it as it would be far messier than the current system.
Option 2 is not going to happen because it would give uploaders rights to edit every other person's posts in the corresponding sections. That's a recipe for disaster if I've ever seen one.
Options 3 and 4 are not technically feasible.

Since the first four are out, it's the fifth by default. The system is not optimal, but it's the best we can do for now.

Upvote 0
This all thing was just my 2 cents to make some incentive for uploaders to be faster with their releases while not spamming the forum with a hell lot of the same thing which doesn't make sense. I at least consider an automated rep point system to be attributed to the first person who uploads something unique and demoralize the rest ^^, anyway,
Thread not locked! Option 5 failed.

Upvote 0
We can't exactly automate it without dictating precise thread titles, which is something we avoided thus far - there's a minimum standard, but the exact makeup is left to the individual uploaders.
Then again, most uploaders already try to be the fastest, so I'm not sure if there is a need for any extra incentives.

Upvote 0
Don't want to drag this discussion long, but what about top rated uploaders getting something special of their own like a different thread color for titles or something the like, just some incentive as minimum as it sounds could potential improve competition around :) and the more competition the better things we get.

Reactions: Checkmate
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
リクエスト
これのアートCGをお願いします。
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR
dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
If you don't have a file, can you let me know?