Denied Organise download sections (create indexes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsdu

Mein 3D Waifu
Elite Member
Nov 29, 2010
I hope I wasn't cause any problem by asking this, but is it possible to have all the collections in Artbooks & CG Packs, Hentai Games, Console Games, Hentai OVAs, Manga & Doujinshi and Music, to be arrange in index, similar to Anime Index?
It would save a lot of time searching, and browsing too, don't you think?
Especially in the Hentai Games section, several uploaders have the same titles in their collection.

That's is if it possible.
Thank you.

I think that the closest way to get to that is to make an index thread with links to each post with the content. It would take alot of work~ but it wouldn't take too long :D
what I mean is:
(index title)
A:
(name of release)
(name of release)
(name of release)

B:
(name of release)
(name of release)
(name of release)

etc. And have links imbedded into the titles. Another option is to have a post in that thread per letter.

ex:

A:
(name of release)
(name of release)
(name of release)

(new reply as)

B:
(name of release)
(name of release)
(name of release)

It would be better for everyone's browser this way~ but still, it would take some time, and it would have to be maintained perhaps :f

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have already talked to the admins about all this.

If you want it that way Alex, you're gonna have to type up the index and link everything to it yourself.

Upvote 0
It's a project I'd be willing to help with~ maybe making an index with a certain letter~ but the biggest problem is the threads that have Japanese titles :f that would be near the bottom x_X

Upvote 0
oh right how about they be in the end or at the beginning just like the numbers are at the beginning right??

Upvote 0
Yup, I already went through with this for all the game section....and quickly dropped it because of all the dead threads that had to be fixed/removed and all the linking I'd have to do for the index.

Alex if you start your index, you're gonna have a lot of dead threads to weed through.

Upvote 0
We could flag the threads in the index as dead maybe?? That could be while we create it. And of course, make a few entries per day~ say 30. (30 x 300 days = 9,000 threads) Even still, it would take a very long time, you'd need to ask others to help some. Otherwise~ it would be better to have an explanation on how to search A-S.

Upvote 0
There really isn't anything to explain on how to search for anything on AS.

You just type what you're looking for and then browse through a couple pages.

My opinion for building the index is to not have a lot of people helping. Different styles and preferences will lead to confusion.

Upvote 0
he'll need more help im guessing the mods would gladly check too lol

hmm different styles eh...

Upvote 0
I think it might be useful at least for music releases :o I mean.. If there's an album from a collection missing, we'll know for sure~
We do have the packlist for that tho :f

Upvote 0
Hmm... sounds like itll be a lot of work... >.< Would maybe a letter a day be quicker... or well... nah that might be a lot of work...

Set a certain format so the styles dont differ too much?

Upvote 0
Sammy, you know there is no such thing as a standard or set style. That's why there needs to only be a few people working on the index.

Too many cooks, or in this case, to many helpers ruin the script.

Upvote 0
lol not everybody just a letter for each member to work on of-course not all the members lol

Upvote 0
It's doubtful. I mean, if you and your crew and anyone else joined... the index would be full of onions, good tea, running away and spoilers.

Then there are the guys like me who have to be serious in writing an index and have to have it just so... and I'd go crazy and ban a bunch of people because they did something that I though wasn't necessary.

That's why a lot of people are not a good thing for writing the index.

Upvote 0
Okay... [MENTION=159]alexsdu[/MENTION], if want your index, tell Corocoro or Checkmate or Ignis, or whoever is around at the time. They will probably just say it's not worth the time, the search bar works fine, etc. Then they will say, "You can have your index, but only if you build it."

So, get with the admins and see what happens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lol xD Laziness~ Hmm that might be quite the problem~ and whats wrong with onions running nuts in the index? Itll make it more lively~

Upvote 0
Some people just may want to scroll through the index and find what they want and not have to smell the onions.

Alright guys, no more spamming.

Future posts shall either be contributing to the subject or offering suggestions and advice.

Upvote 0
This is an official answer fromr Anime-Sharing Management:

There is no plan for an index of eroge, nor we will allow anyone to build one unless it is from the same person uploading, and maintaining it.

It means that if you are an uploader, you can make an index of your own created thread but not from the others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

somacruz63 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry, The title of "this" is different, but the correct title is"ド変態ドM&腹黒メイド服『ハイポリボディ版』+EXキャラビジュアル強化パック" This data does not contain "ハイポリボディ版". Please upload that data.
Hoppou wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
this person got some good stuff, plz upload them...https://vrsexfriend.fanbox.cc/