Denied Moving of threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodseed

Jan 17, 2014
It will be in right spirit of an open community to be allowed to move their personal thread and posts. I mean if the administrators want than they could add a button within the thread that can proceed the request of the one posting the thread, to move it.

It is just a suggestion.

You mean, like you could move this thread to Anime Requests, then over to Japanese Chat, then over to Birthdays & Celebrations?

Why would you want to?

Upvote 0
You mean, like you could move this thread to Anime Requests, then over to Japanese Chat, then over to Birthdays & Celebrations?

Why would you want to?

no i mean that the thread should be moved within the sub-threads of the main one. For example if someone think that his post in anime request forum is not an easy request he may inform the administrator to move it to Tough requests. Likewise if some one think that their request is fulfilled he may inform the administrator to shift it to Filled Requests.

I mean i want an option to tell the administrators about the move through an option. What they do next honestly is there hard labor.

Upvote 0
The specific example you cite is already done by the Admins. They do it on their own.

Upvote 0
The specific example you cite is already done by the Admins. They do it on their own.
yes i know that. But all i am asking is that the one posting the thread or starting it should be given a matter of choice of whether they want to move the thread or not.Similarly when they do want to move it through a request button they can put forward their request to administrator.

Upvote 0
Hmm... still dont see how thats any different... if people wanted threads moved then they could ask admin so... sort of the same in the end?

Upvote 0
Hmm... still dont see how thats any different... if people wanted threads moved then they could ask admin so... sort of the same in the end?

I agree but they will move only when the thread user or the one making request ask them to do it. Not just out of the blue.

Upvote 0
Yep that pretty much sums it up. An additional option on the subscription folder of the user. The administrators will play their part and the user theirs.

Upvote 0
Since it's one of the Admins' jobs to maintain the order of the forum, moving posts as they feel appropriate, is one of their parts.

As previously mentioned, one can always request that Mods and Admins make changes. They are very reasonable about it.

Upvote 0
Hmm... theres also the option of just asking them not to move things you dont want moved? Seems like that would be simpler... And theyre just trying to keep the forum more clean looking i think? :/ I also get the feeling that people being allowed to move their own posts might cause trouble... Dunno~

Upvote 0
What trouble will the member cause? I do not know may be it will be better if there is a consensus between the two. If the moving even does not take place by the admins. the site does not become abominable. I mean the user interface will still be perfect.

Upvote 0
Remember, it wouldn't be just a couple of us moving threads, it would be everybody.

When only the Admins move threads, they can maintain the general order. If hundreds of members are all moving threads at will, I see the potential for chaos, and a nightmare for the software to keep track of.

Although, to be fair, I can visualize some of our better spammers playing games like, "Find The Thread." ;)

Upvote 0
Again some of the confusion should be cleared out. I said it can be move within the sub forums not on any forum. To be fair it is as I said a matter of consensus. If you as a member think about that way that's fine but again there is the question of the poster posting the thread. I mean the option in time should be provided.

All that i am asking is a mutual agreement. It will be the user to request the shift. The admins. than can decide for themselves. If user does not request it should be remained unattended.

Upvote 0
Finding a thread would be easy ;p Tons of ways to find threads~

But either way, not everyone is as trustworthy as could be...~

Upvote 0
To be fair it is a private matter of the one posting the thread. Don't you agree.
As for "Finding the thread'" in it's current form, believe me the search box does not help.

How can i say?
Personal Experience.

Still the hope lingers in the shadows of this dark world;)

Upvote 0
Find the thread- Latest posts, look at the person's last posts, look at your own last posts if they're a friend, notifications if youve posted there before, subscriptions if similar, search box if you know the title or something similar.

Private matter? If you want to hide something in your post then you could just change stuff?
Hmm... anyhow... do you need to move threads often enough for them to add a button specifically for that?

Upvote 0
I know about all these. I am just saying what if you find a movie or manga that is specifically spelled in non-English script. The discussion seems to be going on the wrong track here.
The issue is of the benefit of the user or not?
Well again you have to rely on the person or persons to look for a topic you want.
Sometime the search give you unsatisfactory results. Don't you agree?
How many of us search Anime-Index?

"Private matter" Why does everyone gets the wrong idea. I said Private matter between the poster and admins.

Upvote 0
Hmm... i dont really download much so cant really say much there =w=

Ahh well~ Guess ill just wait till admins reply xD

Upvote 0
Generally I think it is the onus of the poster to post in the correct section, and if they make a mistake the mods would move it to the section they deem appropriate. A user constantly posting in the wrong section is not reason enough to bestow such rights to the common plebeian. But, perhaps those in the Uploaders group could have the rights to do so.

Upvote 0
I'm not exactly sure what OP want, but let me clear a couple of points:

1. We did consider creating a section where member can self-moderate their topic, including closing and moving their own topic. However, after a lot of test, it wasn't as ideal as we thought, thus, it was entirely scrapped.

2. Self moving a topic would create chaos and troll, it may also cause confusion and other potential problems. It won't happen in an opened community like ours.

3. Anyone can use a report button to flag topics that they think it should be moved elsewhere. A moderator will assist with the request if appropriate.

4. Anime-Sharing is a community that carter specifically to the English and Japanese speaking user base. While some uploaders may provide contents that isn't in English or Japanese, it's not officially supported by us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"What does OP want?"
Sorry! if i have been so unclear in presenting the views. If the problem is not fully understand, i don't know how else to put it in front of you.
Leave it the way as you think it should be.

Upvote 0
This would actually cause more work since a lot of people will forget to move their request thread (or forget about it altogether if there's no reply within four hours). In the beginning I waited for people to reply to request threads/show a reaction to a filled requests - meaning I had to recheck threads periodically before moving them.
While it seems like something simple do leave a reply (and by extension to move a thread), the sad truth is that it just didn't happen as often as it should.
Sorry, but most people aren't as conscientious as you. Add in the above concerns about potential abuse/trolling/using thread-moving to circumvent our rules (something similar already happened, though I can't divulge details for obvious reasons), and the risks outweigh the benefits.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.