Denied A few suggestions to share

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TimeVoid

Greetings Admins , I would like to give a few suggestions for the website which are :

1. create an mobile app
since viewing this website through the computer is easy thing but when you are not bringing laptops or your personal computer during your vacation or free time . it is quite troublesome. Mostly, browsing this website normally through the mobile apps browser have its annoying interventions such as need to "Zoom in" manually since is hard to see during login process which the text are so small which require to zoom in. Of course , this app does not meant that user could download stuff , it is just for "viewing"/users to able to see clearly for the website itself on their mobile phones and browse comfortably.

i also would not suggest to uploaded the files such as the apk to an app store like the google play store. Since i don't want this website get into trouble due to the "contents" of what we are :).So it would be better that the app could be downloaded directly from the website itself.

2. Create a wishlist for users
I know that this website is not an online store or selling stuff , but the advantage is :

if a user does not have the time to download from the Download section and torrent section , he/she could add the titles to their list which they are planning to download at a later time.If they forget about the inside content of they added , all they need to do is click the Title link and it will carried to the original post content source.

Provided in their wishlist like " Downloaded" or "Not yet Download " status options including able to "Remove" the things that they are not interest anymore. Of course, they needed to use the provided options manually such as clicking a button and it would update their content wishlist status .
This also could be treated as a reminder for the users of the things they have been planned before.

Well , Those are the suggestion from me. Thanks for everyone time. have a nice day :)

Well, unless we find one or two more admins, we won't have the time to create an app. Using a third-party provider like we did before might be worth looking into, though. I'll add it to the to-do list.
About the wishlist—that's around 90% identical to subscribing to threads and sorting them into folders for the status. Why not use that function instead?

Upvote 0
if a user does not have the time to download from the Download section and torrent section , he/she could add the titles to their list which they are planning to download at a later time.If they forget about the inside content of they added , all they need to do is click the Title link and it will carried to the original post content source.

Provided in their wishlist like " Downloaded" or "Not yet Download " status options including able to "Remove" the things that they are not interest anymore. Of course, they needed to use the provided options manually such as clicking a button and it would update their content wishlist status .
This also could be treated as a reminder for the users of the things they have been planned before.
I think you just described this ages-old feature called "bookmarking" there, friend.

Upvote 0
Well, unless we find one or two more admins, we won't have the time to create an app. Using a third-party provider like we did before might be worth looking into, though. I'll add it to the to-do list.
About the wishlist—that's around 90% identical to subscribing to threads and sorting them into folders for the status. Why not use that function instead?

yeah, but regarding subscribing to threads is kinda complicated perhaps not just me. Since , based from my understanding until right now is that when a user post a comment on a certain thread then it was subscribed to that thread but the idea, wishlist is just sort of to-do list/reminder or a plan .

I think you just described this ages-old feature called "bookmarking" there, friend.

well, that is the idea.

Upvote 0
yeah, but regarding subscribing to threads is kinda complicated perhaps not just me. Since , based from my understanding until right now is that when a user post a comment on a certain thread then it was subscribed to that thread but the idea, wishlist is just sort of to-do list/reminder or a plan .

well, that is the idea.
Sorry if I was vague. What I meant is that your description of what you want sounds exactly like what bookmarking is and what it's meant to do. Using subscriptions has the added advantage of notifying you through your preferred method (forum notification or email, instantly or periodically) when a thread you're subscribed to has a new post. However, as it sounds like you're indifferent to getting notified for new posts and just want a "to-do list" or a "reminder", I think using either bookmarks (which, by the way, is a core feature in all modern browsers) or subscriptions can already accomplish all the objectives you described.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha