Denied A Chatbox for the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

|♚|KK|♚|

Hello,recently I've been noticing that a lot of forums with many content is using a chatbox.And it's pretty useful for
both p.m messaging and general chats.It's an easier way to communicate and makes it more fun for people(as I saw on other forums),so I was thinking why AnimeSharing doesn't have one? I mean,this is a big forum with many users in it.I'm hoping that this function will be added if someone has a will to test it first :)

It's this : Arrowchat

Thanks for reading,I hope this can be added to ASF too :)

Well, if my memory not wrongs; ASF had once years ago an chatbox application, but it was then shortly (dunno more why...) removed that...

Upvote 0
You're a little too late, ChatBox have been there since the started of forum but it was later removed in favor of IRC if I'm not wrong (I don't know the specific reason though) and so the people who were interested in chatting live time all migrated to IRC.

Upvote 0
After some internal discussion, we've decided that at least for the time being we will not reinstate another chatbox system, be it ArrowChat or otherwise. As KingArturia said, we did have a chatbox before, though we couldn't maintain it as it imposed heavy load on our server. There weren't many people using it either, which is why we removed it and decided to have a public IRC channel as we were also moving our staff talk there.

AS is a big, public site with a very high amount of traffic. While armed with powerful servers and multiple fault-tolerance measures, we can't afford something that by its technical nature tends to put heavy load on servers―most chatboxes such as ArrowChat make use of SQL databases to store the chats and integrate user accounts, which means more load on the already-burdened database servers―and from experience has proven negative for us.

For what it's worth, I've looked up ArrowChat, and what scarce reviews are available seem to be mixed. Some claim it's lightweight and responsive; others claim their servers get much heavier load after they installed ArrowChat. Its competitors (such as CometChat) seem to be similar, if not outright worse. As the price isn't cheap either―sorry, but having six months of update for software in active development is as bad a joke as having 30 or 45 days of technical support, making $295 the likely amount we'd have to shell out―it's not a risk we're willing to undertake.

We thank you for your understanding.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

hide1258 wrote on Shine's profile.
神具姫ヒーローアンチド could you please reupload mexashare link this? thanks
rean7 wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/040130-tinkerbell-あぶない関係.819442/ to katefile or mexashare.Thanks
mikanbatake wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
dear Nihonjaki90
Do you have this PRETTY×CATION ラブラブバースデーコレクション?I used to have this but got deleted and now only dead links are present in this forum,please consider uploading this!!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi I looking for axl vocal collection cd for a long time. would you reupload these 3 files?