Answered Why no "real" debate section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy

一失足成千古恨
Elite Member
Feb 15, 2012
I see that there is a "General Chat& Debate" Section, but really nothing for serious debates. As in politics, news, controversial topics. I understand that there is a rule about no politics, but I don't understand why? If contained in a "Serious Debate" section, then it should not make a difference. As long as people are respectful of others opinions (which is completely reasonable), then an academic debate would be awesome.

Honestly, I have seen some very intriguing, intense, and involved debates that were solely based on academic grounds. I know for me that a debate can spark a lot of conversation and generate a significant interest in the members.

So, if you guys are completely against political debates/serious debates/etc, then I would understand. I am new, so a clarification would help me understand. ^_^

re: [ANSWERED] Why no "real" debate section?

There used to be a serious debates section but because of the low traffic they decided to merge it with the general discussions section. The spam and tech support and talk sections also contain some conversations that could border on political and the such.

Upvote 0

I see that, but I feel odd making a very serious thread in those sections. I separate forum would be easier to contain where to be serious and where not to be.

With the political topic thing, I was just reading the rules and it was stated clearly that politically oriented threads would be closed. Just curious about that because a debate often centers around politics.

Upvote 0

Hmm the mods usually try to keep threads from steering too far into political debates. Personally i would say im a horrible judge of what is political or not so not quite sure... :/

Upvote 0

We, the site as a whole, doesn't mind debates and stuff. Not all debates or discussions do involve politics.

Politics are generally discouraged around here, because it tends to draw out emotions on sensitive topics or aggression against someones support for a certain political administration.

This thread needs to be moved to the discussion and debate section, since nothing is being tech supported.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AS is meant to be without srs bsness. We'd like to keep the forum fun and easy going.

Upvote 0

Good answer there Orisa, better than what I came up with.

Upvote 0

Most of the people here arent for discussions anyway :ninja:

Upvote 0

A serious discussion board would be nice, but I've seen whole forums go into flamewars because of it.

Basically, no "srs bizness" since it starts crap not everyone here wants to deal with--just watching anime, talking about anime, eroge, etc and what-have-you.

Upvote 0

The main reason is actually as simple as what corocoro has said in this thread: http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/...rums-restructured-adult-corner-created-32541/

"Debates & Serious Discussions" and "General Discussions" have been merged. There never was that clear a line separating them, so it seemed logical to merge them. Besides, neither was that active on its own, but together they should be more than able to withstand the tests of time.

The amount of srzbzn discussion threads was never high to begin with, and we simply do not want redundant sections unless necessary.

Upvote 0

I understand that there is a rule about no politics, but I don't understand why? If contained in a "Serious Debate" section, then it should not make a difference. As long as people are respectful of others opinions (which is completely reasonable), then an academic debate would be awesome.
In now nearly six years of moderating and administrating various boards, blog comment sections, and whatnot; I've never seen people stay respectful of other people's opinions for long once religion and/or politics become involved.

I'm feeling old now. :donefor:

Upvote 0

In now nearly six years of moderating and administrating various boards, blog comment sections, and whatnot; I've never seen people stay respectful of other people's opinions for long once religion and/or politics become involved.

I'm feeling old now. :donefor:

I have done my fair share of moderating and administrating at big boards over the years too. While I do agree that emotions do get tested and people can get disrespectful, but I have also seen some great "heated" debates that have stayed very respectful. Sharing knowledge should be fun and that is what debates are all about. As long as rules are in place, people should be able to follow them.

However, this is your guys forum and this is only a suggestion. I just like a little serious talk along with my lazy-relaxing fun.

Pffft. If you're old then what am I? :3

Also, OP, you have now started a serious discussion. Enjoy. ^^

haha, and it seems to be going well. Lets get more serious!! :P

Upvote 0

Hmm... Everyone staying respectful sounds nice in theory but not everyone has such a noble frame of mind and some slightly more immature users pop up every so often :/

Upvote 0

Hmm... Everyone staying respectful sounds nice in theory but not everyone has such a noble frame of mind and some slightly more immature users pop up every so often :/
That's why there is a mod team. They enforce the rules. If people are not following the rules, then they get a a few day ban from the section.

Upvote 0

As specified above, the forum was merged due to lack of activity. Further more, we would like the Anime-Sharing Fourm to be a place where we all relax and have some fun. In addition, we do not have the moderation resources that allow us to run such place. Hence, unfortunately, I have to turn off this idea.

If you have nothing else to input, this thread will be closed.

Upvote 0

No, I guess there isn't much else for me to say. Glad I got the responses that I did. I will do what I can in the forum that is set up already for debates.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25
uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?