Answered Where to post requests for eroge cracks/No-CD/activation code patches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keychains

Sep 29, 2014
So I got a game, and it won't activate without some activation code. (that pesky 認証回避 or whatever it means) The code that was inside the file I got was malware(Trojan), so no code for me :(

I was thinking of requesting the code, and I was wondering where to post in these 3 circumstances:

1) A code for a specific game, ex) a LOVELYxCATION / Baldr Sky / whatever crack. This would probably go into the 'Hentai Games Request' section or within its respective discussion thread if there is one, but I wanted to make sure.

2) A crack for various games, ex) the AlphaROM series or an all-purpose GIGA(戯画) hack or something. Now THIS I have no idea where to post for a request.

3) When both are OK by me: When both the specific and the general codes are okay, where should I post?

Thought I'd ask first before annoying the mods :P Please teach me senpai-tachi!

For cracks, normally that should be included in the release. At least all of mine does. Or PM me for re-upload of such cracks.
Since the purpose of the crack is to bypass the protection illegally, it is not uncommon to be detected as malware. Just download from a trusted uploader, preferrably from those who actually made the cracks.

Note that many uploaders here does not check and verify their releases, simply assuming where they copy from elsewhere is clean and correct. It is your responsibility to check for malware though.

For the translation codes, I think the visual novel cafe thread? It is usually already posted in the torrent threads.

Upvote 0
Please avoid opportunistically making use of the support section as a soapbox to discredit other members.

[MENTION=97152]Keychains[/MENTION]; if the cracks you're thinking to ask for pertain to hentai games and hentai games only, even if you're planning to make a blanket request for cracks that apply to certain copy-protection mechanisms such as the aforementioned AlphaROM, you're free to make a thread in the hentai games request section.

If it's more general, such that it applies to items of different realms, you can try the miscellaneous request section. You could also try the games' torrent threads as suggested above. People often make use of torrent threads to discuss technical issues such as installation and activation; even if you don't manage to get a crack from the original uploader, you may be able to get one from a fellow member.

You can use sandboxing software such as Sandboxie to minimise the risk that may occur in case a crack you obtained is actually malware and not simply a false positive.

Reactions: Keychains
Upvote 0
Thank you both for your informative answers! I'll keep them in mind when I request them.

@Ignis: Thanks for the info on sandboxing software! I never knew such a thing even existed, I'll give it a try when I need to.

Also,

Ignis said:
Please avoid opportunistically making use of the support section as a soapbox to discredit other members.

Wait, was that directed at me? I mean, it's the internet, and it really is illegal downloading in the end. It's your own fault if your computer goes nuts from opening whatever the heck was in Pandora's Box: I wasn't trying to do any name-calling or that anyone's bad or responsible for my screw-ups.

Upvote 0
Alright, feel free to PM a staff to reopen if you have any further query, or you can open another thread.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

vnimlove wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
reup please - 676387

upd
vnimlove wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
reup please - 1106310
lgbtgenshinasianhate wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/✨shine✨-240328-rad-revel-【10日間限定ドスケベ4大特典付き】【全編お下品オホ声】x【全編お下品ねっとりベロチュー】低音〜ドスケベワイフ〜相愛子作りお下品チン媚びドスケベねっとり孕ませ交尾-rj01166786.1461947/
Hi,Please re-upload the file as this file is throwing an error "not compatible OS", and it does not start after trying compatibility mode as well.
somacruz63 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.