Answered Thanks vs. Like

Status
Not open for further replies.

EcchiOujisama

Oppaiseijin
Elite Member
Aug 11, 2016
What is the difference between thanking someone for a post, and liking a post? I had assumed they were basically the same thing, but noticed thanked posts having points for reputation when poking around settings and not seeing any mention of likes except for a notification when someone likes a post I made.

Not sure if I've been liking posts I should thank or thanking posts I should like. Apologies if this has been answered, but I didn't see it addressed in Forum Rules & Guidelines, and searching didn't bring up anything relevant.

Capt Jam said:
what's the difference between rep (the star icon) and thanks, beside the fact the "reputation" add a private message with the points and "thanks" can be seen be other members...

Yeah, what he said. Let's make the question the difference between like, thank and reputation for better clarity. I've seen the various titles used here (on a distinguished road, will be famous soon enough, etc.) used on different forums, but they only use 1 of these 3 at a time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt Jam
Guess I'm not gonna be the most helpful since I'm not entirely sure of the answer (...and wonder too about the right one). Seems like "Like" is more a way to quickly say simply "I like this" so the member knows he did something appreciated, but without change to his reputation. "Thanks" seems to be the same in some ways, but with addition to the other reputation, the amount depending on your own rep points.

What I wonder is, what's the difference between rep (the star icon) and thanks, beside the fact the "reputation" add a private message with the points and "thanks" can be seen be other members...

Upvote 0
Use whichever one you feel fits better. There's not much of a difference beside 'Thanks' being tied to reputation and 'Likes' to (one of the) hide hacks.
Adding/Subtracting reputation allows one to personalize the process of giving a 'thanks' and also to change the amount of reputation received.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

somacruz63 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry, The title of "this" is different, but the correct title is"ド変態ドM&腹黒メイド服『ハイポリボディ版』+EXキャラビジュアル強化パック" This data does not contain "ハイポリボディ版". Please upload that data.
Hoppou wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
this person got some good stuff, plz upload them...https://vrsexfriend.fanbox.cc/