Answered searching on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

mspykez

Feb 3, 2014
Hello, I'm a bit confused how the Advanced Search works. There are 2 options 'Search Single Content Type' and 'Search Multiple Content Types' and don't get why you need to have 1 tab for each, what if I want to 'Search Multiple Content Types' but with the more in deep options that 'Search Single Content Type' provides ? shouldn't both search tabs be merged into one ?

Continuing on, why don't we get partial results based on what we type, like if I'm searching for a title and type an incomplete word ドラゴンズレ doesn't show any results for ドラゴンズレイド same as I type ドラゴンズレイド doesn't show any results for ドラゴンズレイド2 I'd think that the system would be smart enough to match a partial search and if I want to search specifically for something I'd do it like this ''ドラゴンズレイド2" as is universally accepted, at least things like ~ and 、don't look to be affected.

This I'm not so sure why, but there are some threads that are posted in a way that the search distinguishes them despite being the same thing, looks like to do with upper and lower case numbers, maybe because its in bold or a font thing, if such a thing even possible, like typing 妻5人 will not show this thread anime-sharing.com/forum/hentai-games-38/japanese-[111118][ole-m]俺はツマキラー-~妻5人、娘5人、親娘丼おかわりっ!~-176330 because the poster has used some kinda of different number 5 if you look closely 妻5人 vs 妻5人 thou doing a search on getchu with any of those will not get them differentiated and all the results are shown, some browsers like firefox when performing a search within (ctr+f) will differentiate it and show only one or the other others like google chrome will not differentiate it and that's how it should be IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Search Multiple Content doesn't have the same parameters as searching just the forum, it's not possible for it to share the parameters with forum content.

By searching multiple content, you also search for visitor messages, blog posts, articles, groups messages, etc. We disabled most of those features, I suggest that you can just stick to Search Single Content type (just forum).

If you want to get partial results, you can just add a * to it. For example, you can do ドラゴンズレ* and it will show all partial result that related to your parameter.

Finally, due to how we index the search table, it's not possible to make it to recognize full-width alphabets. I'll be looking at other solutions to improve this in the future.

Upvote 0
OK so no partial results without the * I knew about the * I just found it odd that the forum didn't have partial results by default.
Thanks for the answers.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha