Answered The easier way to edit main title ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Contributor
Trusted Member
Apr 13, 2011
When I was hong, if i wanna edit main title, just need to double click to "edit post". I think this way is easier and faster for members who want to do it.

(Here if i wanna edit main title, I must do 2 step: click "edit post" wait few seconds then continues click "go advanced")

If possible, could AS give us this way to edit main title?

Thanks !

Last edited:
Allow me to offer a tiny bit of explanation: when you click "edit post" and your posting area becomes an edit box, it's an AJAX function in action. AJAX enables you to submit posts and changes to your posts without having to reload the page. When you reply to a thread, post a visitor message to someone's profile page or edit your post, it's thanks to AJAX that you can directly see your submissions without reloading the page. AJAX is essential to features such as quick reply and quick edit.

Without AJAX, or when AJAX isn't properly loaded (such as when you're experiencing slow load times), submitting a post or changes to a post through an edit may cause the page to reload. In the case of editing, when you click the "edit post" button, this can redirect you to the "go advanced" page. Now, I don't know about Hongfire and how they handle their AJAX functions, but even on boards with fully-enabled AJAX functions like AS, you can force the edit function to go to advanced mode (with an option to edit the post title).

Simply open the "edit post" link in a new tab (right click -> "open link in new tab" on Firefox). This will bring you to the page you can normally access only by clicking the "go advanced" button.

Reactions: Shine
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.
playboy623 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.