Answered Can't see my own thread after modifying it once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azaiah

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2016
As the title says, I'm having some problems with a thread that I started. After creating the thread, and getting it approved (at least waiting for it to show). I was going to modify it, because the layout was broken, but after doing it, the thread went blank for me. I can still reply to the thread and see that message, but I can't see the original content of the thread.

I'm very new to this forum, so If anyone could point me in the right direction, then I would be grateful.

#Edit.

I just tried putting the information back again, but now I'm waiting for approval once again. Hopefully it'll work out this time.

Best regards.
Azaiah.

Last edited:
That's how it works. If you posted a thread that went into moderation, then the thread got approved and you tried editing the thread while still not being eligible* to bypass moderation, it would get sent back to the queue. It didn't disappear or anything, just waiting for approval like the first time around.

*Please refer to this thread for details:
Every member starts on the entry level tier. On this tier, people can post in the download sections, but all posts need to be approved by a moderator.
It should also be noted that you're a recently-registered member with a low amount of posts, while your thread has a fair amount of links, so our spam filter may also have considered the thread suspicious and thus sent it to moderation queue.

Upvote 0
That's how it works. If you posted a thread that went into moderation, then the thread got approved and you tried editing the thread while still not being eligible* to bypass moderation, it would get sent back to the queue. It didn't disappear or anything, just waiting for approval like the first time around.

*Please refer to this thread for details:

It should also be noted that you're a recently-registered member with a low amount of posts, while your thread has a fair amount of links, so our spam filter may also have considered the thread suspicious and thus sent it to moderation queue.

Yeah, that does sound very likely. Does this mean that every time I want to modify the thread, I need to run it through the whole process again? I practically just copy and pasted the thread from my account on Hongfire, but it seemed like a lot of pictures/links did not work.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that does sound very likely. Does this mean that every time I want to modify the thread, I need to run it through the whole process again? I practically just copy and pasted the thread from my account on Hongfire, but it seemed like a lot of pictures/links did not work.
If by "the whole process" you mean your thread being sent to the moderation queue ("unapproved"), yes, as long as you're still not eligible to bypass moderation. But no further input is required from you. If you find your thread automatically unapproved again after editing it, you don't need to do anything else but wait. It'll be the moderators' job to inspect and re-approve your thread.

Of course, as this can get tedious, you should always avoid making after-the-fact edits as much as you can. You should always make use of the preview function or even try private messaging yourself your thread draft to see how it looks after all the codes are parsed.

Upvote 0
If by "the whole process" you mean your thread being sent to the moderation queue ("unapproved"), yes, as long as you're still not eligible to bypass moderation. But no further input is required from you. If you find your thread automatically unapproved again after editing it, you don't need to do anything else but wait. It'll be the moderators' job to inspect and re-approve your thread.

Of course, as this can get tedious, you should always avoid making after-the-fact edits as much as you can. You should always make use of the preview function or even try private messaging yourself your thread draft to see how it looks after all the codes are parsed.

You're right, I should've done that, bad habit to just post first, and look afterwards. Hopefully I'll get it sorted out without causing too much work for the moderation team.

Upvote 0
Oh, they're no stranger to a little abuse every now and then. They work with people like me, after all. ;)

I'll consider the question answered and lock the thread. Let me know if you have more questions and would like the thread reopened.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks